Wesnoth 1.10.5 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

kapnbanjo

Re: Hi,guys, Wesnoth 1.10.4 for iphone/ipad is released now!

Post by kapnbanjo »

What generation iPod touch?
swangdoodles

Post by swangdoodles »

Ah... thanks kapnbanjo. Your right, my iPod is 2nd generation. And that's not on the appstore description. Sorry, my bad.
dailin

Post by dailin »

swangdoodles wrote:It looks good on the iPad. Yet I got a lot of crashes when trying to set up a local multiplayer game. They happen when I try to scroll trough lists and unit choices.
Do you mean these steps(menu -> unit list -> scroll to)? , but i can't get crash. Could you show me the detail steps. :)
swangdoodles wrote:Another question. Is the description in the AppStore correct? The iPod Touch versions 3, 4 and 5 are listed as OK for the app to install. But when I try to install it on my iPod Touch (version 4.2.1) it says it does not work on iPod Touch and fails to install...
This is my mistake, need version 4.3 above. :cry:
dailin

Post by dailin »

Ok, i had changed the attack and move control like KP's and now i try to change mainmap scroll contorl. :)
bubleeshaark

Post by bubleeshaark »

I'm glad there is new support for the iOS version!! However, I am a bit disappointed that I have to repurchase this as I had the other version, which lost development. Grr :(
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

bubleeshaark wrote:I'm glad there is new support for the iOS version!! However, I am a bit disappointed that I have to repurchase this as I had the other version, which lost development. Grr :(
I understand the frustration, I too was frustrated that kp (old version dev) abandoned support on the old version.

However, it's important to remember that dailin (new dev) is not kp. He's had to basically start from scratch. And dailins first release was in many ways far superior to the kp version such as add on support. And we are just on the first release.
swangdoodles

Post by swangdoodles »

dailin wrote:
swangdoodles wrote:It looks good on the iPad. Yet I got a lot of crashes when trying to set up a local multiplayer game. They happen when I try to scroll trough lists and unit choices.
Do you mean these steps(menu -> unit list -> scroll to)? , but i can't get crash. Could you show me the detail steps. :)
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. The crashes are happening inside the scenario of
SigurdFireDragon's
Custom Campaign
That I installed on iPhone version.

Crashes happen when selecting an option (message choice) or when selecting a unit in the recruit list

Swang
dailin

Post by dailin »

swangdoodles wrote:Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. The crashes are happening inside the scenario of
SigurdFireDragon's
Custom Campaign
That I installed on iPhone version.
Crashes happen when selecting an option (message choice) or when selecting a unit in the recruit list
Ok, i get it,Thanks for your report. :)
Third party add-on may cause crash in iphone because of low-resolution of iphone.
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

Ill try this addon on iPad version to see if I can reproduce
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

I downloaded and tested the "Custom Campaign" add on by "SigurdFireDragon" for both iPad and iPhone.

Before I report I want to mention this addon is not a 1.0 release, so it may be an issue with the add on, I will try to find a forum thread for this campaign and mention it to the author and see if he knows why the crash is happening.

iPad version did not crash, I ran all around in menus and recruiting and dismissing and such with no issues.
iPhone version crashed as soon as i clicked 'OK' on any recruit options.

Issue appears isolated to the iPhone version, could be a resolution issue as indicated by dailin, or an issue with the add on.
dailin

Post by dailin »

kapnbanjo wrote:I downloaded and tested the "Custom Campaign" add on by "SigurdFireDragon" for both iPad and iPhone.

Before I report I want to mention this addon is not a 1.0 release, so it may be an issue with the add on, I will try to find a forum thread for this campaign and mention it to the author and see if he knows why the crash is happening.

iPad version did not crash, I ran all around in menus and recruiting and dismissing and such with no issues.
iPhone version crashed as soon as i clicked 'OK' on any recruit options.

Issue appears isolated to the iPhone version, could be a resolution issue as indicated by dailin, or an issue with the add on.
Thanks for testing. you are right, and it is diffcult to fix this bug because there are too many options in that campaign which exeed screensize of iphone.
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

I posted the bug on the Add on's thread so the author can take a look to see if it's something he can fix. I hope so, that's a sweet add on. little complicated, but sweet.
swangdoodles

Post by swangdoodles »

Oké thanks for looking into this. That the screen resolution of the iPhone causes the crashes explains things. I'll check back to the Custom Campaign thread later to see if the author can do anything about it. It would be a nice addon for the iPhone indeed. When your travelling/commuting it would be nice to play a quick single player game with a custom army...

I guess that the iPod's sceen resolution might be a problem with other (complex) addons (that use lots of graphical effects) as well?

SwangDoodles
dailin

Post by dailin »

swangdoodles wrote:I guess that the iPod's sceen resolution might be a problem with other (complex) addons (that use lots of graphical effects) as well?
Yes,some addons may crash in ipod/iphone with the same reason. :cry:
I try to find way to fix them,but need a little time.
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

Unfortunately there is probably little that can be done by you to fix them directly. Mostly it will likely fall on the authors to make the add on comparable with the 380x280 or whatever resolution.

Speaking of... The author of the add on "custom campaign" says there's a log file he'd need from the crash to determine cause of crash to see if its something he can fix. This will require either someone with a jailbroken device or dailin to retrieve I believe.