Wesnoth 1.10.5 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

swangdoodles

Re: Hi,guys, Wesnoth 1.10.4 for iphone/ipad is released now!

Post by swangdoodles »

I cant really help with the log file... My iPad and iPod are not jailbroken... And both of them are rather old anyway... I'm thinking of getting a new iPad...

I could have a look at some other addons, and see if they are working on the iPhone version?

Swang
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

Yeah, that information will be really helpful at isolating what's causing any issues.

Just be aware that any add on issues will likely have to be fixed by add on author, but there's a chance Dailin may be the one to fix it, so I'd post any issues both here and with the add on's thread
dailin

Post by dailin »

swangdoodles wrote:I could have a look at some other addons, and see if they are working on the iPhone version?
I have tested some addons, some seem well but there are potential problems
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Long life and prosper.
Jrivenonathan

Post by Jrivenonathan »

I have a 4th generation iPod touch and iwesnoth crashes a lot on it. I have no other programs running and I will be in the middle of a scenario and, boom, it crashes. Any thoughts?
dailin

Post by dailin »

Jrivenonathan wrote:I have a 4th generation iPod touch and iwesnoth crashes a lot on it. I have no other programs running and I will be in the middle of a scenario and, boom, it crashes. Any thoughts?
is it a campaign?please give me campaign name or scenario name.
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

If you can give us scenario or campaign name, and any add ons you are using we can test it to find the problem
Jrivenonathan

Post by Jrivenonathan »

Heir to the throne; The bay of pearls. And coliseum in the enhancement section. If I select enhancement, it freezes then crashes. All of the other tabs work.
On the bay of pearls, it happens when it is the ai's turn.
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

There are 6 Colosseum Add-ons. Please specify.

I'm loading up the heir to the throne campaign on both ipad and iphone, see if I can reproduce.
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

I'm on turn 6 of bay of pearls, no crashes.

You may want to try removing all add-ons?

Try rebooting the device?
Jrivenonathan

Post by Jrivenonathan »

Thank you! Rebooting my device and deleting the add-ons fixed the one campaign issue.

I was using "Colosseum". No fancy stuff, just plain colosseum. I deleted it, (when I deleted all the add-ons). After runnin the campaign, (it didn't crash), I downloaded colosseum again. I went to multiplayer, then local game, then colosseum. After choosing the players, I started the game. The "progress bar" loaded, finished, the screen went black and the game crashed. I tried again. It, (colosseum) loaded, and I moved my character to the tent, selected average, and then proceeded to go to enhancements. Same bug. It crashed.

I have thought of an idea that I personally think would make the game more enjoyable. (I play wesnoth on my pc too) It would be nice to be able, (at least on iPod), to zoom in an out. Personally, I like to see the lay of the land, maybe see all my troops, ect. Just a thought. :)
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

Zoom isn't really an option cause there is a resolution limit. However dailin is working on making the mini-map to server a similar function.

I'll check out that add-on later, but chances are its an issue with the limited resolution, I'll test on iPad as well and if it works on the iPad then it's almost certainly due to resolution.

Most issues like this will require the add-on author to add support for the smaller resolution
dailin

Post by dailin »

kapnbanjo wrote:Zoom isn't really an option cause there is a resolution limit. However dailin is working on making the mini-map to server a similar function.

I'll check out that add-on later, but chances are its an issue with the limited resolution, I'll test on iPad as well and if it works on the iPad then it's almost certainly due to resolution.

Most issues like this will require the add-on author to add support for the smaller resolution
You are right.Thanks for your reply.
I am busy in testing update version and now new version is ready to upload to appstore. :)
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

Jrivenonathan:

I've tested the addon on the ipad and the menus barely fit on the screen, I'm almost 100% sure this is caused by the resolution of the iPhone version. The author of the add-on will have to support the resolution for it to work.

I'm not finding a thread for the add-on to post for the author, or I would have posted something
Jrivenonathan

Post by Jrivenonathan »

Ok. Thank you!