Wesnoth 1.10.4 for iphone/ipad is nearly complete

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jambo

Re: Wesnoth 1.10.4 for iphone/ipad is nearly complete

Post by Jambo »

Will this new endeavour support multiplayer? If so, will it be Game Center based and support async?

Here's hoping its better than the other app.

Do you have an eta?

Regards
dailin

Post by dailin »

Jambo wrote:Will this new endeavour support multiplayer? If so, will it be Game Center based and support async?

Here's hoping its better than the other app.

Do you have an eta?

Regards
of cousre support multiplayer, and addons based on the latest stable version 1.10.4. but don`t support Game Center,if people like the module, i will add it next version. :D
The app is waitting for review in appstore, will be release soon if everything is ok. Thank you
multiplayer for ipad
ipad_5.png
multiplayer for iphone
iphone4_4.png
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Actually, many people was expecting that :)

Thank you really much Mr. Dailin.
Jambo

Post by Jambo »

Cool, sounds very promising. This totally seems to have come in under the radar.

Is the resolution retina enabled or at least suitable for iPad, and how do the graphics pair up to the PC?

How does it compare to the previous app in terms of campaigns, user functionality and game options?

Also, I really do hope you decide to implement async with Game Center. I think that for mobile gaming and the way this game plays out, async would be absolutely fabulous!
Jambo

Post by Jambo »

Also, have you considered a bit of advertising over at Touch Arcade forums when it eventually goes live? I'd bet a good many people would be interested but aren't aware of this development.
dailin

Post by dailin »

Jambo wrote:Cool, sounds very promising. This totally seems to have come in under the radar.

Is the resolution retina enabled or at least suitable for iPad, and how do the graphics pair up to the PC?

How does it compare to the previous app in terms of campaigns, user functionality and game options?

Also, I really do hope you decide to implement async with Game Center. I think that for mobile gaming and the way this game plays out, async would be absolutely fabulous!
Apple may reject the apps because of duplicate app. I am waitting for result of apple:(
Don't support retina,layout of ipad is the same with pc
layout for iphone
iphone4_2.png
layout for ipad
ipad_2.png
Game Center is great,i will try it.
Jambo wrote:Also, have you considered a bit of advertising over at Touch Arcade forums when it eventually goes live? I'd bet a good many people would be interested but aren't aware of this development.
Promotion is necessary if the app is released successfully.
Max

Post by Max »

looks great. what's it gonna cost?
Jambo

Post by Jambo »

Are the resolution and graphics the same as the previous iPad app?

And yeah, what's it going to cost? :)
dailin

Post by dailin »

Though I haven't played the previous iPad app,i think the resolution is the same as 1024 X 768.
3.99$ for all campaign,multiplayer and add-ons.
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Looks cool :D

What are your plans for language support? I'm asking because I'm translating to a minority language and there would be a need for manual selection of the language. Will there be a menu option? If you want to minimise download size, maybe organise them as add-ons?
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Hello, can you tell me where i can find wesnoth 1.10 for Samsung Galaxy S ?
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

ChaosRider wrote:Hello, can you tell me where i can find wesnoth 1.10 for Samsung Galaxy S ?
A version for Android is available on Google Play. It is not completely finished, though. Why are you even asking on a forum where its port for iOS is mentioned?
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Well, they were talking about wesnoth on iphones/ipad so i guessed they should know something about wesnoth on mobile phone :P. Btw playerd dailin you have on SS my game, this with game title "Without leavers".
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Jambo

Post by Jambo »

dailin wrote:Though I haven't played the previous iPad app,i think the resolution is the same as 1024 X 768.
3.99$ for all campaign,multiplayer and add-ons.
Thanks for all the answers.

I guess the main deciding points for me will be:

1. What's the plans for long term support? Those who've bought the first app have been burned once already...
2. What's the commitment to developing async multiplayer, presumably through Game Center? Many, including me, don't have the time to play MP games in one sitting.

Cheers
dailin

Post by dailin »

GunChleoc wrote:Looks cool :D

What are your plans for language support? I'm asking because I'm translating to a minority language and there would be a need for manual selection of the language. Will there be a menu option? If you want to minimise download size, maybe organise them as add-ons?
Translate package is too big,i rm it. :( Wow,your idea is so great,that’s feasible! :lol2:
Jambo wrote: I guess the main deciding points for me will be:

1. What's the plans for long term support? Those who've bought the first app have been burned once already...
2. What's the commitment to developing async multiplayer, presumably through Game Center? Many, including me, don't have the time to play MP games in one sitting.

Cheers
As fabi says,i plan to create ios patch for codebase which will help my work easier on a long term support.This is different with the previous one. then everyone can compile the latest game easily.Moreover, I have much time to support the game :lol2: so,you do not need to worry about update for a long term~

I don't think our server support async multiplayer.Your suggestion is well but it is need some time to find other way to achieve your advice.