Wesnoth 1.10.4 for iphone/ipad is nearly complete

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jambo

Re: Wesnoth 1.10.4 for iphone/ipad is nearly complete

Post by Jambo »

I must admit I don't know what's involved to enable Game Center async, but my guess is it wouldn't require the existing online server for this functionality...??
dailin

Post by dailin »

Jambo wrote:I must admit I don't know what's involved to enable Game Center async, but my guess is it wouldn't require the existing online server for this functionality...??
Your idea is useful, i will consider this feature seriously.
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

iPhone and iPad versions are up, I've picked em up. Is there a place for support/bug reporting you would like us to use?
dailin

Post by dailin »

May be u can report bug here http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35331,please indicate from dailin.
Trilarion

Post by Trilarion »

That porting to mobile devices is very interesting. I would like to ask two things:

[*]How much effort is it to port such a ... plattform?

Thanks.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

A couple of questions:
* If I do choose to buy this in the App Store, will I just be supporting the porter (dailin) or will any percentage of that be donated back to the main Battle for Wesnoth project?
* Are there plans for updating this app when the next stable version 1.12 is released?

(Note: I should clarify by stating that I do not currently own any Apple products, however some of my friends and relatives do)
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
dailin

Post by dailin »

Sapient wrote:will any percentage of that be donated back to the main Battle for Wesnoth project?
Don't worry,i made agreement with dave and noy about your question one month ago,the percentage is exciting, i will pm you for detail.
Sapient wrote:Are there plans for updating this app when the next stable version 1.12 is released?
Of course update for 1.12,1.14....,why not. :)
About 2 mouth? wesnoth code is stable,i rewrite layout code ,a little iphone control code , compile dependent opensource libs and change SDL1.2 to SDL1.3.
Because wesnoth 1.10 can't support 480x320 ,so i need to improve about half layouts, After i release source code ,you will find them. :)
I think editor is hard to convert to mobile platform.
Last edited by dailin on November 14th, 2012, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
FAAB
Inactive Developer

Post by FAAB »

dailin wrote:After i release source code ,you will find them. :)
So another port of this GPL licensed game where the source is not publicly available?
That can't be good. :annoyed:
dailin

Post by dailin »

FAAB wrote: So another port of this GPL licensed game where the source is not publicly available?
That can't be good. :annoyed:
i need a little time to fix bugs and will release source code to github this week :)
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

@Dailin
I have already add your thread in the local forum as "精品" as you requested. My chinese input software totally sucked yesterday, so I was not able to fix it this morning... :doh: But I still feel a bit curious about something. Who are you after all? :hmm: You are so mysterious...

Anyway, the chinese wesnoth forum is not functional anymore. Most people have moved to tieba, and we are expanding recently, so it is getting a bit busy. If you could aid us in the forum, we will be glad to welcome you as our forum group member. :)
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Firstly, kudos to dailin for creating this port! It looks promising, especially considering the support for add-ons. That's a major bonus! :D

Hopefully you can understand that I am a bit hesitant to purchase, after seeing the results of KP's port. Certainly nothing against you personally, (I have no reason to expect that you won't continue to update as you say you will) but I may decide to wait and see if updates for new versions do indeed come before I purchase it.

In light of that, I have one question:

I own a jailbroken iPod Touch 4G. Is it possible to compile the program myself or otherwise install it on this device without purchasing it through the "official" app store?
dailin

Post by dailin »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:I own a jailbroken iPod Touch 4G. Is it possible to compile the program myself or otherwise install it on this device without purchasing it through the "official" app store?
Of course ok,the source code will be released this week,you can compile it by yourself. :D
Willzyx

Post by Willzyx »

Is there a reason we're not looking at a universal app? I have the Kyle Poole port on my iPhone and was waiting on a sale to grab the iPad version as well--obviously that hasn't happened since 2011, so I never did grab it. I want to play this mostly on the iPad, but it would be nice to have something to replace the Kyle's outdated port on the iPhone as well. Not nice enough to buy it twice, though.
Abacus

Post by Abacus »

I just wanted to say thanks for the great version! Looking forward to some of the UI improvements that have been talked about (biggest ones for me would be the ability to "swipe" the map from anywhere on the screen and have it move, plus I feel like the pop-up menus for scenarios/races are VERY difficult to scroll through without them disappearing), but overall this is a terrific effort.
dailin

Post by dailin »

Abacus wrote:I just wanted to say thanks for the great version! Looking forward to some of the UI improvements that have been talked about (biggest ones for me would be the ability to "swipe" the map from anywhere on the screen and have it move, plus I feel like the pop-up menus for scenarios/races are VERY difficult to scroll through without them disappearing), but overall this is a terrific effort.
New version with better performance and touch control has been uploaded to appstore. You will find it soon. :)