Help downloading and watching replays

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mumma

Help downloading and watching replays

Post by mumma »

I'm a new player and I want to download and watch replays but I can't seem to figure it out (I use Ubuntu and have the latest version of the game). I searched the forums but I couldn't find a guide to view replays. I want to be able to download replays from the forums and from the ladder so I can see how good players play the game.

If someone can just point me to helpful topic...I'm sure it has been covered before.
SlowThinker

Re: Help downloading and watching replays

Post by SlowThinker »

You need to copy a replay/save file in your directory with Wesnoth saves:
First locate your Wesnoth user data directory: http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/EditingWesn ... rectory.3F
Then go to a sub-directory "saves"

additional notes:
You can download replays also from replays.wesnoth.org
You can replay not only replays but also saves (both saves and replays are usually packed into a .gz file).
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
DwarvenWarrior

Re: Help downloading and watching replays

Post by DwarvenWarrior »

SlowThinker wrote: April 2nd, 2012, 11:12 pm You need to copy a replay/save file in your directory with Wesnoth saves:
First locate your Wesnoth user data directory: http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/EditingWesn ... rectory.3F
Then go to a sub-directory "saves"

additional notes:
You can download replays also from replays.wesnoth.org
You can replay not only replays but also saves (both saves and replays are usually packed into a .gz file).
why are there too many subfolders? separating each year for 12 months is more than enough, let alone each day separately. I remember it was more neat sometime before, but maybe I was wrong.

also, I wish there is a button to download all isar replays at one click

Edit: tbh it makes more sense to divide directories by map not by date.