Android 1.8/1.10 support thread

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rahab

Re: Android support thread

Post by Rahab »

Hi,

The version it's not compatible with the Passport 10.3.0.
Loading the game it's very slow, about 17 minuts but after commands works fine on screen.
The problem it's the view: first page is small and to choose it's hard

After, if I try to change the resolution (from 350x350 to 1400x1400) always I got the same result:

For comparison, also the old free version on Google Play give this results:

On 19 February it will exit the new version of BlackBerry 10 with an automatic feature for resizing of android apps; I hope that it will change...

Thanks Alep!
Gririye

Post by Gririye »

I'm on a 4glite verizon Ellipses 7LTE tablet model #QMV7B with Android 4.4.2 on it. I am running the port by Alep for 1.12.1-37. I was playing before with the simulated key presses and virtual keyboard in multi player and while a little slower than I preferred seemed functional. I found my blue tooth keyboard ( a third party product) that shows up on my bluetooth as a Tech and Go Bluetooth Keyboard (wherein may lie the majority of the issues I have with the game currently); I am able to get into both single player campaigns and multiplayer games, even use the /whisper command without issue. however once I take a turn my second turn I can only click on the menu and quit buttons. Scroll functions and unit functions are minorly present. I can only use simulated right click to bring up the (n) next unit button but then can't actually move the unit. I can click normally on the menu/quit buttons. :augh:

any ideas?

edit: Re-sync'd the keyboard and the game isn't crashing in campaign. I'll test it in mp to see if it happens again. well i think the issue is the quality of my keyboard. its got a sticky ctrl key that makes the game lock up because it thinks i'm trying to do something. i'll just play it without for now.
I want to Pinch.
Gririye

Post by Gririye »

Okay a few actual bugs I've found, on my tablet if I exit via swiping the application away it acts like it hasn't closed until I do so again. Does this as well if I click on quit.

Just happened to me recently; was on isars cross and all other players left, could be unrelated to the looping sound glitch that occurred but that is indeed when it happened. Stopped when I exited that game instance

And lastly also on isars I believe, the game cycled to the player before me and my whole screen faded to white and I had to manually shut down. Has not occurred since two days ago. Contacting Verizon to see if this is an issue with my device

Edit: my above mouse and keyboard error just occurred without a Bluetooth device. The in game keyboard locked my character up and I was forced to leave game. I tried resolving this with planning mode activated and deactivated but it didn't resolve I could highlight my available moves but could not click on the character at all. This was in a Colosseum match. The only thing I could functionally click on was end turn, menu, quit game/yes.
I want to Pinch.
BladeSoul_GR

Post by BladeSoul_GR »

Finally !!!! (hello new user ...xa xa ) ...i was playing Battle for wesnoth since 2012 and stopped last summer cause i installed a custom rom to my huawei ideos x5 (yeah that old lady) and never succed to run it again !
Recently i installed Cyangen mod 12 with android lolipop (5.0.2 oh yeah !! that old lady is goin to keep going for long xa xa!) but etiher i was succesful in installing my only game i played on android platform ....so by accident i found that page , downloaded the apk and voala !! by favorite game is up and alive !!!
Now i must find my old saves and try to install them in the folders ...lets see if i succed ...anyone who may have any tip to help me i will be gratefull !!
Reddbone

Post by Reddbone »

Ok so, I just got the Android port from the Playstore and I only have one problem.
1. Where do I find the folder that I put the add-ons in?
alep
Android Port Maintainer

Post by alep »

Reddbone wrote:Ok so, I just got the Android port from the Playstore and I only have one problem.
1. Where do I find the folder that I put the add-ons in?
If you are using my port, depending on where you installed data files, wesnoth user folder could be:

- if you installed to sd card: [path to sd card]/Android/data/it.alessandropira.wesnoth112/files/.wesnoth1.12
- if you installed to device internal memory: tipically /data/data/it.alessandropira.wesnoth112/files/.wesnoth1.12 (but you'll need a rooted phone to access that)
- if you installed to a custom folder: [custom folder]/.wesnoth1.12

Beware the .wesnoth1.12 folder, which is a hidden folder.
alep
Android Port Maintainer

Post by alep »

I'm back on Google Play! :D

A few days ago, Google sent me an e-mail communicating that they have reviewed my case and decided to let me in again.

So, I've re-enabled the application that was shutted down (the paid one), I've made it free and renamed it to "Battle for Wesnoth LEGACY", since it's a 1.10.

Also, I've uploaded a brand new (free!) "Battle for Wesnoth" application for 1.12:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... wesnoth112

The old "Battle for Wesnoth Free" trial application is basically obsolete, and I won't publish it again.

The apk you'll find on Google Play will be exactly the same that is published on SourceForge, but installing from Google Play will allow you to receive upgrades automatically on your device.