Android 1.8/1.10 support thread

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

alep
Android Port Maintainer

Re: Android support thread

Post by alep »

shogi4fun wrote:After next start I've checked "Send debug info to developer" again. This time it's unselected. Should it be selected only temporarely till next start?
No, it's meant to be on for one run only. That's because:

- I don't want to receive too many reports, if somebody forgets it on
- Running with the check on will make the game a little more unstable, since this feature basically appends logging info to a growing buffer that never gets emptied, so on the long run it could lead to out of memory errors
shogi4fun wrote:(little) thing to fix: when choosen "keyboard icon not shown" (as it was before), it happend like written above
Ok, thank you for the info. I will fix that.
shogi4fun wrote:So with keyboard icon shown ...

... sent.
...and received. Thank you very much!
After a little check it turned out that your device has a very low value returned from ViewConfiguration.get(context).getScaledTouchSlop() and there is a little mistake in the math I added to avoid square roots, which are expensive. I will soon release a new version with a fix.
srulz

Post by srulz »

alep wrote: Well, I'd simply:

- run the game on the old device, hit "Change Configuration" on startup, select "Import/Export" and then "Export savegame data to zip" to export savegame data to a file
- make the export available to the new device, by using a shared sd card or via network
- install the game on the new device and perform the first run and data download
- run the game on the new device, hit "Change Configuration" on startup, select "Import/Export" and then "Import savegame data from zip", picking the file you prevoiously transferred

This will let you keep savegames, but addons must be re-downloaded.
Hi alep,

unfortunately I'm back with bad news.
The Import/Export's saves did not work.
The saves load halfway until "Initializing Teams", before throwing the following error:

Error while playing the game: game_error: unknown unit type: Lethalia_lich.

The add on is Legend of the Invincibles.
I don't think it's due to the add-on, since I've tried updating the add-on to the very latest on my old phone, and can load the old save just fine there.

I will try to manually copy the saves tonight.
Just wanted to inform you first.
Thanks.
alep
Android Port Maintainer

Post by alep »

srulz wrote:Error while playing the game: game_error: unknown unit type: Lethalia_lich.
Since:

- the game complains about a missing unit type definition
- unit types are tipically stored inside addons
- this specific unit is part of "Legend of the Invincibles" addon you mentioned

my first impression is you are missing that addon, or maybe you played the game you are trying to load with an older version of the addon.
Anyway, if you can provide the savegame file you cannot start I can check it.
srulz

Post by srulz »

Got it!

When I try to update add-ons on the new phone, the tab is grayed out. Basically that add-on is missing. I swore I installed that add-on specifically when I first installed the game in the new phone. Maybe the download got corrupted or something.

Oh well, at least the problem is solved now, after I redownload the add-on. Thanks for your help, and sorry for the false alarm!

EDIT: OH WOW the zoom-in/zoom-out feature is AWESOME! I always had this problem of playing at the max resolution due to the fonts getting tiny and hurting my eyes, but this zoom-out means I can play at seemingly higher resolution, but the font stays the same.

Thanks alep!
The1andONLY

Post by The1andONLY »

@shogi4fun: which device are you using, i saw your Screenshot is in german?

Hey, downloaded the Trial and installed everything but when i select german, it remembers the choice but dont changes, even after restarting the app. Is there a known workaround like the need to change some files with a editor?

Greets.
Btw using a nexus4 with 4.4
shogi4fun

Post by shogi4fun »

The1andONLY wrote:@shogi4fun: which device are you using, i saw your Screenshot is in german?
It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (ICS 4.0.3 - still not updated to 4.2, even update is ready :mrgreen: ).
Hey, downloaded the Trial and installed everything but when i select german, it remembers the choice but dont changes, even after restarting the app. Is there a known workaround like the need to change some files with a editor?
I haven't done anything and I even don't remember that I'd selected german somewhere. Or was there a question at first start, I forgot? :roll:
alep
Android Port Maintainer

Post by alep »

The1andONLY wrote:Hey, downloaded the Trial and installed everything but when i select german, it remembers the choice but dont changes, even after restarting the app. Is there a known workaround like the need to change some files with a editor?
Have you installed the translation package?
If not, hit "Change configuration" button on startup, pick "Select packages to download" and check "Language data". Go back to the first menu and select "Start game".
Translation data will be downloaded from the internet.
alep
Android Port Maintainer

Post by alep »

I have uploaded a new version of my port.
This new release adds on-screen keyboard shortcuts, which basically consists in some overlay icons (like the one used to popup software keyboard) which can be used like hotkeys. For now I included "next unit", "undo", "show enemy moves" and "show best enemy moves" shortcuts.
To use this feature just hit the "Change configuration" button on startup and select "On-screen keyboard configuration". You'll need to activate the shortcuts you want to be shown. Also, icon size, position and transparency can be configured.
Hope you'll enjoy this.

Up-to-date sources are here:

http://www.alessandropira.org/wesnoth_a ... -20.tar.gz

...this time I had to make a little change to BfW source in hotkeys.cpp.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Update committed: 18d202233e77
shogi4fun

Post by shogi4fun »

alep wrote:I have uploaded a new version of my port.
This time, misstap-protection works very well. Tapping till two menu-lines below is prevented.
Thank you.
AmonX

Post by AmonX »

Hello and thank you for all your work on this. I have a question though. How do I properly set up the game for hardware mouse and keyboard support. I have mouse emulation set to pointer follows finger. Keyboard seems fine haven't tested out ctrl+key yet. The mouse input on the other hand is limited to the left button. Right clicking on the hardware mouse asks if I want to quit. I am running it on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition (SM-P600) running android 4.3. I use swiftkey for onscreen keyboard and google keyboard when I have my hardware keyboard plugged in (so I can hold shift and hit the space bar and not have it change languages like samsung keyboard or auto correct my words like in swiftkey).
alep
Android Port Maintainer

Post by alep »

AmonX wrote:The mouse input on the other hand is limited to the left button. Right clicking on the hardware mouse asks if I want to quit.
I am working on right click mouse recognition (right now it works exactly like android back button), please wait for the next update, which will be released soon.
AmonX

Post by AmonX »

Thank you alep! I am buying it now :). Any plans on releasing a build based on the dev branch if so I would gladly pay again for it :D
tonyds

Post by tonyds »

First, thanks for the awesome port!

I have 1.10.7 installed on my PC as well. I copied over my PC game to the saved files folder on my tablet but I get a message that the file is corrupt when I try to load the game. Are saved games compatible between the PC and Android versions? Thanks!
alep
Android Port Maintainer

Post by alep »

tonyds wrote:First, thanks for the awesome port!

I have 1.10.7 installed on my PC as well. I copied over my PC game to the saved files folder on my tablet but I get a message that the file is corrupt when I try to load the game. Are saved games compatible between the PC and Android versions? Thanks!
Savegames should be compatible, unless they use some addon you don't have on android.
Maybe you could try transferring the file again or check if its md5 sums on PC and android match.