Android 1.8/1.10 support thread

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

cjhopman
Inactive Developer

Re: Android support thread

Post by cjhopman »

elwinmage wrote:WML bug too with the dialog fit on the screen:
- can not recall unit on last scenario "End of War" of "The Legend of Wesmer"
- can not attack masked dwarfs on "The HammerOfThursagan" with any unit (only counterstrike)
- Angarthing can not attack on "The HammerOfThursagan" (only counterstrike)

Configuration : HTC desire, Wesnoth 1.8.6.9 and french translation.
Changing language from french (fr_FR) to english (en_GB) allow me to finish "The Legend of Wesmer" and attack masked dwarfs on "The HammerOfThursagan" but Angarthin can not attack.
Wow, thanks for this report. I will look into these soon.

Do you mean that you were able to successfully load and use the translations?

Also, if you can email me the save files (particularly for the recall bug) at cjhopman@androthsoft.com that would be extremely helpful.
LoonixUK

Post by LoonixUK »

Please see attached screenshot of the error I receive when clicking end turn during the Heir to the Throne - Crossroads campaign.

This renders the campaign unplayable.

Is there something I can edit or amend myself to fix this?

Huawei G300 u8815 running ICS 4.0.3

Cheers
Screenshot_2012-08-10-23-34-24.png
cjhopman
Inactive Developer

Post by cjhopman »

Kamamura wrote:Does the newest version support the in-game help, or is it still the gutted version?
You can actually access the in-game help in the current version. If you long-press on a unit, one of the options will be "Unit description" which currently will open the in-game help that you know. This is not modified like the rest of the dialogs to work well with a touchscreen, but at least it is available.
LoonixUK

Post by LoonixUK »

The latest update fixed my issue. Many thanks.
_aL

Post by _aL »

Hi i have an HTC Desire S
Running 2.3.5

I've had the resizing issue as a lot of people, but when killing the boss at the end of the NR- Get the Gold
2012-08-21_12-34-38.jpg
mlamar

Post by mlamar »

Elf 2 with Android 4.0.3 playing free tutorial. My device has four buttons - power off, vol up, vol down, and home. Home works as the undo' but nothing works to recruit new units. Am I missing something obvious, or do you need an alternate method coded up?
perrin1

Post by perrin1 »

Hello! Have same problem like as another user odd. "It had been working great, but earlier this week when I start loading it I get the Wesnoth logo, and text at the top saying "Error downloading data from wesnoth_unlicensed.tar""
My model - Samsung galaxy s Wifi 5.0
android - 2.3.6
What can it be?
prqek

Post by prqek »

Hi,
I am running this game (version 1.8.6.11) on Sony Experia Pro and Android 2.3.4. My trouble is that the game time to time completly freezes - I can`t do anything and the game is later killed by the system. It wasn`t so often in the tutorial, but now I started to play the The South Guard and the problem is much worse - it happens so often that I can`t play it :-( I am not sure if it`s related, but sometimes happens another bug (not so bad, I don`t mind this one) - part of the picture (map, dialog, whatever is displayed) is repeatedly displayed on the screen and the music goes fast. This takes only few moments and everything is OK againg.

What could be the problem?

Thanks for any advice.

BTW - I wanted to try to compile the game to find some more details about this, but without any success:
- don`t know even where to start from.. the configuration scripts seem to be tight to some environment, if I remove one error I receive another one. Is there any readme, tutorial, whatever instructions how to do this?
- on github there is only version 1.8.6.5, so it would be probably anyway usesles - are planning to make public the actual code? It is under GPL, isn`t it?

Thanks
esin

Text too small

Post by esin »

Just got this on my Galaxy Nexus and the text is incredibly tiny. Nearly impossible to read if I don't hold the phone an inch from my face. Are there any font size settings anywhere?
Mellthorn

Post by Mellthorn »

Alright as i was redirected here. I want to report an issue.

I have downloaded wesnoth for my galaxy s2. I was gonna try multiplayer, so after waiting a while there was a game avaible.
It was a survival game.

Issues

I saw other players building villages with their peasants, but after looking everywhere, i couldnt find a menu for that.

Everyone in the game could use chat. But again looking everywhere ( main menu etc) i couldnt find any menu or option to chat with others.

If im missing something out, i would like to know. But in other case. If i cannot use the full functionality of a game type. At least remove it from the multiplayer mod.
rogue9

Post by rogue9 »

I downloaded and played the free version on my Galaxy s3. Can I assume if I pay for the full version that it will also work?
lipk

Post by lipk »

As far as I'm aware, the two versions differ only in the content included, but are identical software-wise. Consequently, the full version should run just as well as the free one. (That of course doesn't mean that the program may not have annoying bugs which still practically prevent you from playing).
prqek

Post by prqek »

The trouble I described was bearable in the free version, but in the full versions makes the game unusable. I suspect lack of the memory. The game uses lots of memory and in the full version maps are bigger, there are more characters, etc. But I have xperia pro with 512 MB of ram, which should be enough, bu probably isn`t :-(
AndroidPlayer

Post by AndroidPlayer »

Hello

Yesterday I tried the free version on my Galaxy Note and although I never played the game before on any other platform I liked it.
Sadly though because of the screen resoultion of my phone (1280*800) everything is really small and writings can almost not be read. Popular devices like the Galaxy S3 and actually all current and future high end devices have resolutions of at lest 720p, so there should really be an option to either increase the size of the writing or to just run the game at a lower resolution. I tried compiling the game from source since i think I could force the game to run at a lower resolution by only changing the manifest file, but I couldn't manage. I have worked in the Android SDK for about 6 months now, though I guess I need something more to compile this? (The app is pushed to the device, but it crashes directly on startup, UnsatisfiedLinkError: native method not found: com.androthsoft.battle.AudioThread.nativeAudioInitJavaCallbacks)

Either way, it would be great if you could do something about the font size or resolution :)

Greetings
Ganrao

Post by Ganrao »

I'm having a strange error when trying to install the full version on my Asus Transformer TF101 via wifi. The market install worked, but once I ran the program and it began to download additional data, it errors out. I extracted all of the files until I got to the .oggs, and now it errors out on random .oggs inside of /core/music/ instead of finishing properly.

I've tried uninstalling the free version, and the paid, and reinstalling the paid version. It didn't fix it. It has frozen on frantic.ogg a few times now, but it isn't always that one.

edit: update, I kept restarting it so it could download the content, and eventually it got all the music files. Now it is erroring on image files.

edit2: son of edit: Did the same thing with the campaign files, but eventually the game finished completely and now seems to work. I didn't actually start a game yet, but the title screen with the music, tip of the day, and game options appeared.