What SP campaign would you like to be added on add-on SVR?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

What campaign would you like to play on UMC?

Humans
10%
Elves
3%
Dwarves
5%
Orcs / Goblins
7%
Undead
12%
Mermen
No votes
Saurians
14%
Drakes
16%
Trolls
7%
Nagas
10%
Monsters
12%
something the others
2%
No need anymore
2%

Total votes: 58

Dunno

Re: What campaign do you expect on current UMC ?

Post by Dunno »

Mint wrote:Is the poll meant to be What campaign do you expect on current UMC ? or What campaign do you expect on current UMC ?
ok, are you trolling? Because I've spent 5 mins trying to find a difference, and I couldn't :|
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
alexanderthegre

Post by alexanderthegre »

Dunno wrote:
Mint wrote:Is the poll meant to be What campaign do you expect on current UMC ? or What campaign do you expect on current UMC ?
ok, are you trolling? Because I've spent 5 mins trying to find a difference, and I couldn't :|
Yeah, I couldn't find one either. Maybe he meant "What campaign do you expect on current UMC ? or What campaign do you want on current UMC ?"
Mint

Post by Mint »

Oops mistyped :oops:
Yes I meant is it want or expect
SkyOne

Re: What campaign do hope to be added on current UMC ?

Post by SkyOne »

Oh, sorry for my English. The "want" is more a right word than the "expect" on this thread.
I edited the title. So I attach the interim-report as showing current votes.
interim-report-3-17.png
What surprising me most so far is there is no vote on Elves. It seems creating Elvish campaign is not really timely attempt right now...
Also, Undead is leading with Humans. I think the number increased after Dunno told us his idea.:)

Thanks.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Drakefriend

Re: What campaign do you hope to be added on current UMC ?

Post by Drakefriend »

It would have been better if instead of "Humans", you had written Loyalists, Outlaws and Khaliphate, or ar least Wesnothians and Khaliphate, as I suspect that many of the "Humans" votes are for a Khaliphate campaign.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Drakefriend wrote:It would have been better if instead of "Humans", you had written Loyalists, Outlaws and Khaliphate, or ar least Wesnothians and Khaliphate, as I suspect that many of the "Humans" votes are for a Khaliphate campaign.
Yes, I know what you mean.
In that case, the result of the Loyalists is possible to be the same as Elves result. But Khalifate is not default units currently, so if we add it, we need to add more kinds, such as Elves-Sidhe, Aragwaithi, etc..., I think.

But if many people assert it, I will request it to a moderator without problem.:)
I thought changing options was impossible, but it seems Elvish_Hunter did it on this thread: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1818
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

SkyOne wrote:I thought changing options was impossible, but it seems Elvish_Hunter did it on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1818
In that thread, I simply allowed re-voting, that is changing the vote that one already placed. I didn't change the options, as changing them makes null all votes and the poll restarts from scratch. In the Poll Creation part of the message form (for the users that have it), there is written:
You may enter up to 15 options. If you remove or add options all previous votes will be reset.
So, if you delete Humans and add Loyalists, Outlaws and Khalifate, all options will be resetted to 0 votes.
You can also modify the Options per user field, if you want us to be able voting for Saurians, Outlaws and Monsters at the same time (just to say).
SkyOne wrote:But if many people assert it, I will request it to a moderator without problem.:)
I think that you should be able to modify the poll by yourself, just by editing your first post. And if not... PM me :wink:
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Ah, I see. Thank you, Elvish_Hunter.:)
If the number of votes will be reset, I think we should probably keep the current options because this is not a competition, just to give a general idea to creators. I mean that some story ideas are usable on several kinds of campaigns. (my bad was that I used the word of "leading" on the previous post.)

EDIT: also, I hope this thread helps maintainers who are not sure what abandoned campaign should be updated. It seems that maintaining Forgotten Legacy (a Saurian campaign by db0) is a kind of timely attempts from my point of view...:wink:

But still, of course, anyone can create and maintain any kinds of campaigns.
Like lipk said on the first page, factions are not the most important source for players to enjoy BfW, I think.
Jabie

Post by Jabie »

Swamplings (Goblin campaign) deserves to go mainline IMO.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

ORCS ! :wink:

I really learned to love the Northerners playing 'Son of the Black Eye'.

Although UTBS is already a catastrophe/exodus mainline campaign, maybe a new ice age forces the Northerners south? Working Title: "Ice Age: Bloodflood" :lol2:
I have a cunning plan.
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

So, this is obviously an old thread, but the title is misleading. UMC stands for User Made Content. Are people really voting for which campaigns they want people to make, or is this poll regarding what sort of campaign should be included alongside the current mainline ones?

EDIT: Toned down the extreme nature of the post.
Last edited by Insinuator on August 31st, 2012, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Insinuator wrote:So, this is obviously an old thread, but the title is extremely misleading. UMC stands for User Made Content. Are people really voting for which campaigns they want people to make, or is this poll regarding what sort of campaign should be included alongside the current mainline ones?
UMC means: - User Made Campaign or User Made Content (any add-on not packaged with Wesnoth)
So I don’t think “extremely misleading”. Maybe, a little bit. :P

Take it easy, sir.
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Ok, maybe I got caught up in the emotion. The question still stands: what are you talking about? Because UMC and mainline are two distinct groups.
SkyOne

Re: What SP campaign would you like to be added on add-on SV

Post by SkyOne »

Insinuator wrote:Ok, maybe I got caught up in the emotion. The question still stands: what are you talking about? Because UMC and mainline are two distinct groups.
I edited the topic title.
So I think you can get it now.

I am curious that the most people can understand what I mean, but why a person like you (native English speaker) didn’t...
Maybe, you work too much. You should take a break for your health, friend, if I guess right.

Be cool on the forums. 8)
Kanzil

Re: What SP campaign would you like to be added on add-on SV

Post by Kanzil »

What surprising me most so far is there is no vote on Elves. It seems creating Elvish campaign is not really timely attempt right now...
There is now... :whistle:
High over valleys in the red levelling rays -
In din of crowded streets, going among the years, the faces,
May I still meet my memory in so lonely a place
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.