which wiki?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hook@work

which wiki?

Post by hook@work »

i'm trying to make a Wiki page to work like a documentation page. ...ok, actually i have to convience the guys at work to make it, since i'm not a webmin here. :?

anyhoo, i wanted to ask which wiki flavour are you guys using, and how much work did you put into it to make it look that nice. also how easy the bugger is to manage/admin ...the admins over here tend to be lazy :roll:

thx in advance :D

hook@work
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

We're using TinyWiki. I don't know anything about the administration of it though...
miyo

Post by miyo »

I prefer Kwiki when possible - http://www.kwiki.org

If you are not admin this might be interesting to you - http://www.kwiki.org/index.cgi?KwikiFriendlyHosting

- Miyo

ps. I use Kwiki at work and home
hook

Post by hook »

this emerges the endless question: why some wiki blend over another one?

but really - where are kwiki's and tinywiki's strong and weak points?

remember at work i have guys which "won't install wiki on a server, becuase the admin wants to have everyhing running in a single page - he doesn't want to bother with thousands and thousands of different pages,*nukes and wikis" - or simple put: the admin's a large lazy-ass.
Jaramir

Re: which wiki?

Post by Jaramir »

hook@work wrote:how much work did you put into it to make it look that nice. also how easy the bugger is to manage/admin
i'm updating the main script and the rules once every about 2 month, putting it "up 2 date" with the original one.. right now i'm following the "Don't Fix What Is Not Broken" policy so it's a bit out dated but it is working good (i think) and since the required time for administration is really not more that 10 minutes every week..

TiniWiki is easy to admin cause of it's semplicity.. other wikis, for what i know: MoinMoin, are more complicated but offers more feature..
Halfling Power!!