New CVS Snapshot for Windows with Editor

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

New CVS Snapshot for Windows with Editor

Post by Dave »

http://www.wesnoth.org/files/win-0.5.2-CVS-5-Dec.exe

Contains a basic map editor which kinda works. If the map editor crashes, or has bugs though, I don't really want to know. We are looking for a volunteer to work on the map editor.

Basic instructions for editor:

- will ask you to save on exit
- press a number - 1, 2, 3 etc, to set a starting location on the tile you're currently on
- if you want to create a new map other than the default size, you will have to do it using a text editor, and then edit using the map editor
- I recommend using Cowboy's random map generating perl script in conjunction with the map editor

Also includes some new scenarios, storyline reworking, and automatic and manual naming of units (only human and elvish units are currently named).

It is not recommended to play from saved games passed the 4th scenario with this version, because some major storyline changes have taken place which will make such games not make much sense.

Any bug reports with Wesnoth itself, including whether the storm trident bug still occurs, will be greatly appreciated, because we are coming up to time for a new release.

David
Circon

Post by Circon »

Yes, the ****ing Storm Trident/Merman Lord bug still occurs. Rarely, I'll grant you, but the game just crashed on me.

P.S. After seeing a little discussion here, on e.g Li'Sars role in Vally of the Undead, Moremirmu's parting words really spoiled the new happening.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Circon wrote:Yes, the ****ing Storm Trident/Merman Lord bug still occurs. Rarely, I'll grant you, but the game just crashed on me.
Okay, (1) immediately after it crashes, can you see if the file stderr.txt exists in the directory BfW is installed in, and if it is, send it to me? (2) would you be able to get me a saved game when it's about to happen, with this release?

EDIT: even if you can't do (2), (1) would greatly help.

David
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Circon wrote: P.S. After seeing a little discussion here, on e.g Li'Sars role in Vally of the Undead, Moremirmu's parting words really spoiled the new happening.
But...I don't think they would spoil it for a player who had never played the game before.

David
methinks

Post by methinks »

I do not know whether and if where I have posted some bugs I have found.
Well now I can recall only the fact that Goblin Pillagers ingame had "no description availble" though there was description in file.

Anyway forum is not that good think for developers, searching through all those sub forums, then all threads. Also phpbb strangely marks all as read when i close my IE...
So maybe we should switch to sth. else? Like discussion lists (or however you call that in English).
miyo

Post by miyo »

Methinks,
  • bugs can be submitted at Wesnoth project page on Savannah
  • bug lists are on Savannah
  • tasks lists are on Savannah
And now we just have to wait for Savannah to regain it's strenght.

- Miyo
methinks

Post by methinks »

Hmm right, almost forgot about Savannah, which brings me to conclusion: wwe should resign from posting bugs on forum it is useless and impossible to browse. I mean forums are HARD to browse.. At least for me.