Android port coming soon...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ace214

Re: Android port coming soon...

Post by ace214 »

DOn't know why I didn't think of this before, but the user is able to disable automatic updates, so theoretically the user does have a way to do an optional upgrade.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Well, no problems getting a checkout this time, but I do have some linking problems with std::list for some reason. (also, you compile in the google profiler by default?)
beren6

Post by beren6 »

NOOK TABLET HOME BUTTON ISSUE

Just thought I'd post an update to my earlier post about the lack of a home button on a rooted Nook Tablet. I understand the developer is adding a long-tap option for recruiting units, which is wonderful. In the meantime, though, I was able to find a workaround--there's a little app in the market called "Button Savior" which adds a very nice, always-on small menu with "soft" versions of the usual Android phone hard buttons (home, menu, etc). When enabled, those buttons are easily accessible in Wesnoth or any other app. Very handy little thing, and solves the Nook Tablet issue nicely until the next update.

Thanks again to the developer for making such a great port of this fantastic game!
pentolino

Post by pentolino »

As I already said, I think that paying for Wesnoth for Android is absolutely fine and it could be ok to pay when new major versions come up (once a year or so).
I just think that the hassle of some saved games not working after the update seems far less that having to buy the app again; after all no one is forced to update if they did not want, just the same as the pc version, one updates when one thinks it's worth it (i.e. not in the middle of a campaign).

Thanks for all your work anyway!
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Both git-bzr and bzr-git exist, so it should be possible to push your local bzr repo to github.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

floken: Please check your PM inbox.

Let’s all go back to the overarching topic now.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Anthropos

Post by Anthropos »

The port works wonders on my Galaxy Tab.

Thanks so much for taking the time to make this work on a really wide open and growing platform.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed in the past to this awesome product.

Onward and upward for open source strategy!
dapegon

Post by dapegon »

Coff.... I cannot make it works!

I guess my tablet is far too old. Well I suppose that if I really want wesnoth running on it I better start compiling it by myself.

Well, lets check a few more tries after...
MiSu2410

Post by MiSu2410 »

Hi guys,
First of all, thx for doing the android port, appreciated! I know it costs money, but for the price it is still a steal and at least I would also pay again for the 1.10 version.

Some wishes from my side:
  • please add support for zooming. On my tablet the tiles are way too big and I would love to be able to zoom out.
  • I need the n and space keys, but dont have them on my tablet, as now I am constantly forgetting units
  • support for long-clicks would make a lot of actions more convenient, e.g. recruiting
Thanks for considering, cjhopman!
ace214

Post by ace214 »

Just got an update on my device- seems multiplayer support has been added. I haven't bought the full version yet, so I can't say how well it's working.
Max

Post by Max »

MiSu2410 wrote:[*] support for long-clicks would make a lot of actions more convenient, e.g. recruiting[/list]
looks like this has just been added...

btw: here's the new support thread:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36471
rejca

Post by rejca »

I bought this game and is excellent. Thank you and look forward to version 1.10 :-)
martin1404

Post by martin1404 »

Hi cjhopman, I just had a chance to test this port of BfW on my friends HTC One V and I have to say I love it. So, first of all, thanks for your effort to do this port! Are you still planning to do the 1.10 port too? I am about to buy my android phone in the upcoming weeks so I am very curious about this now :-)
Creativity

Post by Creativity »

Has anyone tried to compile this for android from source yet?
prqek

Post by prqek »

I ma trying to compile it right now, but I am quite lost. If someone has some advices, where to start from, I`d be thankful. I have lots of experience with compiling linux program, but only a little with android one.

Thanks