Android port coming soon...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Boucman
Inactive Developer

Re: Android port coming soon...

Post by Boucman » September 2nd, 2011, 1:41 pm

congratulation, great job, testing it right now
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim

greis09

Post by greis09 » September 2nd, 2011, 4:28 pm

cjhopman, I buy it this morning, made the download and played with the tutorial, now I opened again to play some more but it is making the download again!
I use a Xoom with Android 3.1

Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu » September 3rd, 2011, 10:01 am

Hasn't appeared in the UK market on Samsung Galaxy S2.

targetbsp

Post by targetbsp » September 3rd, 2011, 10:56 am

Unnheulu wrote:Hasn't appeared in the UK market on Samsung Galaxy S2.
I got it in the UK. Just a random thought but you don't have that leaked market 3 do you? When I tried that there were a ton of apps missing for no good reason.

doktorvivi

Post by doktorvivi » September 3rd, 2011, 10:48 pm

Is there any way to do the right click thing on a unit to get more info on its abilities, resistances, etc? All I'm getting is the summary on the right.

Also, it has to extract all the game files every time you start, which takes a bit and is pretty annoying.

Any plans to allow downloading the map / era packs?

Xyan

Post by Xyan » September 4th, 2011, 4:29 am

@doktorvivi

you have to press on the hp of a unit (on the right window), and you get to see the resistances etc. You can also press on other statistics of a unit, to see other stuff.

As far as I've experimented, that is the only way currently to see the "more info" of a unit.
'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life' - Terry Pratchett

Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu » September 4th, 2011, 11:43 am

targetbsp wrote:
Unnheulu wrote:Hasn't appeared in the UK market on Samsung Galaxy S2.
I got it in the UK. Just a random thought but you don't have that leaked market 3 do you? When I tried that there were a ton of apps missing for no good reason.
I'm just using whatever market came with the phone by default.

hahyun92

Post by hahyun92 » September 5th, 2011, 6:13 am

I wish there was a zoom in support for phones. my eye hurts :D. And I wish there were also bigger fonts, and an option to fastforward everything 16 times. WAITING FOR NEXT UPDATE!! :P

rumplesmigskin

Post by rumplesmigskin » September 5th, 2011, 9:00 pm

Been waiting this for a good while now.
Just purchased and am installing on both my tablet and my phone.
Can't wait to try it out!
A great big thank you to cjhopman and all others involved, clearly worth the €2.76!
(Wouldn't even buy you a beer in Ireland - but if you're ever in the country I'll gladly grab you a pint ;-) )

Ka3aK

Post by Ka3aK » September 6th, 2011, 9:16 am

greis09 wrote:cjhopman, I buy it this morning, made the download and played with the tutorial, now I opened again to play some more but it is making the download again!
I use a Xoom with Android 3.1
Wanna report the same bug using ACER Iconia A500 with Android 3.1. Bought the game, and everytime I open the game it goest to internet and starts to downolad cashe again and again. On my son's Viewsonic Gtab with Android 2.1 this bug has never appeared. Moreower, on my tablet the game sometimes comes to black screen if I switch between the programs. If the devs will solve this annoying bugs, the game comes to perfection. Thanks in advance.
P.S. Anyway, cjhopman, thanks a lot for your efforts and for the great port!

CompCrash

Post by CompCrash » September 6th, 2011, 11:48 pm

I have the same thing happen with my Xoom. I think I figured out what the problem is. When it looks for where the data need to be saved it looks for "/data/" and with the tablets it redirects the data to "sdcard/android/data/" for the internal storage. I believe that is the issues but there is no way for me to fix it. I assuming you will have to have is check if it is on honeycomb and change where it looks to see if the data is downloaded already.

Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari » September 7th, 2011, 12:06 am

Wasn't available on my android...

kav2k

Post by kav2k » September 7th, 2011, 7:06 am

Unfortunately, it doesn't work on HTC Desire, even though it's meeting the 2.2 and hardware requirements, as I gather. I bought the full version right away to support development. I hope it can be fixed.

The app force-closes on initialization.
java.lang.NullPointerException at a LoadLibraries call in MainActivity.java @ line 406

Mikes

Post by Mikes » September 8th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Works great on Galaxy Tab 10.1

I've been waiting for this for months :) Thank you so much!

One question tho: It wants to download the whole thing everytime i start the game, is there any way around that? (Paid version.) It sort of defeats the purpose of having it on a mobile device somewhat as it shackles me to Wireless LAN. :/

greis09

Post by greis09 » September 8th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Mikes wrote:Works great on Galaxy Tab 10.1

I've been waiting for this for months :) Thank you so much!

One question tho: It wants to download the whole thing everytime i start the game, is there any way around that? (Paid version.) It sort of defeats the purpose of having it on a mobile device somewhat as it shackles me to Wireless LAN. :/
This happens to (apparently) all honeycomb users, CompCrash founded a possibly reason for this a few post up.

cjhopman, Can you let us know if you are aware of this problem? ( And hopefully trying to fix it)