Raise Awareness

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

oddlabs

Raise Awareness

Post by oddlabs »

Raise Awareness Post; within guidelines of posting guidelines, furthermore this post is not
intended to 'spam', 'report a moderator abuse', but simply to raise awareness on how to
improve the battle for wesnoth online game.

I'm reading your older posts to see if any else is experiencing the same issue, and you have quite
a few people with the same problem, I wanted to post this here to raise awareness that there is
an issue which needs resolved so please do not lock this forum thread thank you very much.

"Posting Guidelines Multiplayer server moderation"
If you have a complaint or request for a MP moderator or admin, please send a private message
to the Multiplayer Moderators user group, or a single member directly. Threads created in the forums
or the purpose of voicing your demands will be locked or deleted on sight."

The purpose of my thread "Concerning Moderators" was not to 'voice a demand' but to simply raise
awareness to other game users that there is an issue which needs to be raised, also to collectively
see if other players are experiencing the same issue, furthermore one of my online friends got banned
for 2 weeks for 'impersonation' it wasn't impersonation but by making a name similar to another's? How
petty has the people who control this game have gotten? Also I'm linking up other 'Raise Awareness' posts
to show that there is a problem so others can as you have finely put it 'Gambit' deal with this situation so
here is the link: http://forums.wesnoth.org/ucp.php?i=pm& ... ose&g=6651

Suicide Girl
"Hi! I'm banned. When I tried to log into the server it said the reason for my ban was "Impersonification" Upon
reading this I immediately consulted my dictionary in an attempt to find the word "Impersonification". I have no
clue what this means. My best guess is that the person meant "impersonation" and suggested that I had impersonated
someone in a way that is against the server rules, does not make any sense to me?"

Zatoichi
"Hello, today i wanted to play wesnoth. I tried to join and what i saw? A ban because of host abuse power bans or something
like that, as a player with nick Konfederat. I never played as a Konfederat. It was probadly somebody from our town net
connection and we all have same outside ip. There was atleast few ppl who was playing wesnoth including me, now we are
all banned because of 1 noob? Please can admins or somebody do something with this. Its not fair a 40 days ban because of
somebody. When I remember we was always playing with care about rules and fairness."

Aquila
"Me too. Checked and there is information so I'm banned."

Hetman
All here is truth. We want play but no suffer for some idiot.

Jim_Raynor
Hi all I have been playing wesnoth for quite a while, but suddenly, i got banned! I wasnt a jerk to anyone, and I havent done
anything different from what I used to do in the past 2 years I play wesnoth. All it says is "You are banned. Reason: Marechal
range ban" What does it mean? I have already re-installed wesnoth, but the problem continues. Please help! I want to play
wesnoth again, I love this game, thanks"

oddlabs
Hello I discovered Battle for Wesnoth a few years ago and played it on and off. I was quite fond of the
game so I thought it was a good idea to reinstall but I got banned from the game for 1 week for talking
in the lobby and then 2 months, apparently talking isn't allowed now or the new game moderators are real
jerks, anyways I think you should look into it because these people are abusing their powers and ruining the
game and putting people off playing. I was talking to another player and I was labeled as being a "troll" and
told to stop talking because talking to others is "spamming" which it wasn't. Look into it because if they banned
me for a petty reason like that then they are sure to ban others also.

It's a great game though do not get me wrong 'Defend the Goblin' and 'Survival Extreme' were my favorite maps
I used to play after college. At the moment it's this new 'Conquest'. I met a lot of pleasant respectful friends back then.
It's a shame though that we have these moderators who are abusing their game power and ruining it for everyone else.
Crushmaster

Re: Raise Awareness

Post by Crushmaster »

Mate, you need to PM people, not keep this up. Doing this is not helping your cause at all; you're just getting yourself in trouble. Even if you call it "Raising Awareness", you're still doing basically the same thing, and you're going against the rules. Please, stop this.
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Raise Awareness

Post by Iris »

What Crushmaster said. You’re very welcome to discuss whatever needs to be discussed (which isn’t clear enough in your post anyway) with the relevant people in private or in IRC.

Just please, do not start more topics on the matter. Metathreading is bad, as you have surely noticed from the same document you quoted.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.