which is the best lvl 0 unit in you opnion

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

StDrake

Re: which is the best lvl 0 unit in you opnion

Post by StDrake »

but that doesn't take place of one of the random traits then..or does it?
i think i see why i saw bats without that though - if it's a 1.9 addition then i probably saw the clean ones in 1.8?
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

StDrake wrote:but that doesn't take place of one of the random traits then..or does it?
It does.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

But if all the "feral trait" does is affecting bat's defence and taking place of one useful trait, why is it a trait at all? Why not simply change bat's movetype and decrease number of its traits to one?
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

my guess is that terrain defence tends to shine through some villages, but sure i can be not
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Araja

Post by Araja »

Yup.

It had 60% on everything but flat villages, and this carried over on multi-terrain villages. Hill-village, snow-village, water-village, whatever they were it was all 60%.
I haven't played 1.9 much, but I think feral causes them to have 40% on all villages, regardless of terrain type.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

I can't stand walking corpses. Mainly because they are one of the few units I can't use but have been used against me with devastation. In one match, I waited just a little too long to attack, and the enemy massed them without any penalty to income. grumble grumble stupid missclick that cost me 4 turns of recruiting grumble grumble.

I would have to say bats, since most lvl 0's are way too fragile to do any good, but bats can fly away well enough and are good scouts.
GrandWarlord

Post by GrandWarlord »

The best lvl0 unit are goblins, good attacks and terrain resistance, best used against drakes :mrgreen:
GrandWarlord

Post by GrandWarlord »

Well westfreak I must agree with you, bats are the for scouting, but I still think goblins are the best :lol2: