Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gambit
Loose Screw

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Gambit »

Just a quick note. This thread was made to compile all the introductions and such. If we give everyone who introduces themselves here a large welcome, the thread will quickly overinflate with more welcomes than introductions. A welcome message has just as much warmth in a private message. More so, in fact, as it gains that personal touch.
TheDreamer

Post by TheDreamer »

Yessir.
Zerovirus wrote:Oh yeah! You, that guy who I saw some posts from in an ancient art-workshop archive trawl, at that one time when I was wondering where you went because I thought you would make a pretty good mainline artist if you hadn't left Wesnoth apparently permanently.

Gee, that's a long title.

Welcome back!
Why thank you ='D
I decided to "start a new life" here, collaborating once in a while when I feel motivated and inspired. The Royal Stickmen is in preparation... meanwhile you can already download Minimalist Era (two factions, three MP maps and a campaign).
Gambit wrote:No it wasn't. We don't do that. We can't because the forums and MP lobby are linked. We have over nine thousand accounts that never even visit the forum.
I see, I thought wrong then. I hope it ain't much of a bother for you.

Ok, disappearing from this thread, lol. See ya! :mrgreen:
KKS
The Dreamer (a.k.a. KK Slider, KKSlider60)
Author of "Minimalist Era" and "Royal Stickmen" (WIP).
http://kkslider60.newgrounds.com/ - My free audio portal in Newgrounds.com - Free album "Back to Basics" out! :D
bos

Post by bos »

whoa! i caught wind of this game earlier in the week from fedoraforums.org, and its awesome. i think it single handedly dropped me a whole letter grade in a course because i couldnt study for the final. totally worth it!

looking forward to spending some serious time playing my new all time favorite game!
CoolDude

Post by CoolDude »

hi! im newbie on the forums,i really like to play wesnoth as well,and guys know me on the wesnoth multiplayer lobby as CoolSh*t(its i on the *,so you know what word it is)

i just have some couple q's that is off topic:its a quick question.

how i put a replay here?no,im not a hacker,so there no virus here.but some people may not believe me.so there a way i can put like youtube?
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

I'm pretty sure that nickname violates the Wesnoth MP Server Code of Conduct. You should look into getting a new one. You could even login with your forum username.
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

CoolDude wrote:how i put a replay here? but some people may not believe me.so there a way i can put like youtube?
The games on the multiplayer servers are automatically saved in http://replays.wesnoth.org/, so you can simply link to one there.
For local games (or campaign scenarios), you find them in the save-game folder, simply upload them with the forum upload function.

They would not play automatically as videos in your browser, you'll have to download them and put in your Wesnoth savegame folder.

To save a game as a video, use a screen-capturing program, then upload the video to youtube or any other video site, and post the link here.
CoolDude

Post by CoolDude »

pauxlo wrote:
CoolDude wrote:how i put a replay here? but some people may not believe me.so there a way i can put like youtube?
The games on the multiplayer servers are automatically saved in http://replays.wesnoth.org/, so you can simply link to one there.
For local games (or campaign scenarios), you find them in the save-game folder, simply upload them with the forum upload function.

They would not play automatically as videos in your browser, you'll have to download them and put in your Wesnoth savegame folder.

To save a game as a video, use a screen-capturing program, then upload the video to youtube or any other video site, and post the link here.
but its 2 parts,one i fought yesterday,and today i loaded the part,what i have to do?just load the last part?

Edit:i did right linking here(its just a example,no need to see) http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.8/20101220 ... _(8660).gz

if any error appear, its the main data of the battle o see(just press ctrl+F,and download the file that shows)

20-Dec-2010 04:29 63K era: era_default players: Craquelin, CoolShit
Spesialisti

Post by Spesialisti »

In Finnish

Hei. Olen Spesialisti. Teen suomenkielistä rap-musiikkia ja tykkään pelata erilaisia pelejä, enimmäkseen kuitenkin 2D pelejä. Löysin BfW:n ystäväni, Matias Piggin kautta joka on muuten ollut mukana suomentamassa tätä peliä. Loistavaa!

In English

Hello. I am a Spesialisti. Teen Finnish-language rap music and I like to play different games, but mostly 2D games. I found the BFW's friend, Matias Piggin, through which has otherwise been involved in translating this game. Bravo!
GPerson

Post by GPerson »

Hey im new to the forum :| I made my avatar and yes i know it sucks
Im just a guy in the forum
BrackDiesel

Post by BrackDiesel »

Hello I am BrackDiesel, long time Wesnoth player first time forum poster :P

I have been playing Wesnoth since freecr@ft was put down to rest and found this game, been playing ever since. Took a tour in the armed forces and beat most of the campaigns on the old machine i had before add ons were introduced and i rarely play online.

Now i'm working off of 1.8.5 for Windows starting from scratch again, and just downloaded this game for my itouch. My favorite era so far is "A New Land: Expanded", and Loyalists(Human Race) is my favorite race to play. I am an artist, currently going to college for animation and I would love to help with some artwork(Pics and Images, Units i cant do atm).

This probably isn't the place to ask but i don't know how/where to begin:
-I need to incorporate the music from the add-on section to the game but dont know how.
-I would like to offer some feedback on the mobile app
EDIT: Just found the thread...

I guess i should start off there, Long live Wesnoth!
Loyalists for the win!
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Please do not use coloured text in your posts. That is reserved for staff. Thank you. I have edited your post accordingly. I suggest you read the posting guidelines.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

[paste generic introduction here]
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
JackBarber

Post by JackBarber »

Gambit wrote:We have over nine thousand accounts that never even visit the forum.
The accounts.. They're... OVER 9,000!!!

Well, I was originally here to post my art, and I realized it wasn't all that great. When trying to comment and critique other people's art someone *cough*thespaceinvader*cough* said I should stop or I would likely get banned... -.-
And so, I have been absorbed into off-topic/forum-games, I also check on the art topics without commenting.
For those of you who would consider me a troll, I COULD be MUCH worse than I am.
"Do YOU know the muffin man?"
."Don't wake me if I'm dreaming."
.."Even words can drive a man to madness."
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

if you were a troll i'm sure you would have been banned by now :P
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
saiko-chriskun