Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

HomerJ

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by HomerJ »

saiko-chriskun wrote:I found this game three days ago.

I am now loosing sleep.

Help.
Don't be a sissy and go back to play.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
DKH

Post by DKH »

Hello Wesnoth players,

I'm new to the boards, although I've been playing Wesnoth on and off for months. I've gotten through most of the Single Player campaigns, and I've been developing a desire to try out multiplayer. However, I don't know anyone who plays this game, and given how long a game of Wesnoth can take, it seems odd to just go to the servers and find a random person to play a game with. Are there any new players (or experienced players who'd be willing to give a newbie some tips) who are interested in playing a match with me?

I'm also interested in general in how you guys find other players for your games. Do you mostly just play with friends you know in real life, arrange the games over the forums, or just run into people on the server?
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

DKH wrote:Hello Wesnoth players,

I'm new to the boards, although I've been playing Wesnoth on and off for months. I've gotten through most of the Single Player campaigns, and I've been developing a desire to try out multiplayer. However, I don't know anyone who plays this game, and given how long a game of Wesnoth can take, it seems odd to just go to the servers and find a random person to play a game with. Are there any new players (or experienced players who'd be willing to give a newbie some tips) who are interested in playing a match with me?

I'm also interested in general in how you guys find other players for your games. Do you mostly just play with friends you know in real life, arrange the games over the forums, or just run into people on the server?
People are willing to play the game with almost everyone; finding the game is what the game lobby is for. Just log on, talk to someone, and play a game with them. ;-)
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
DKH

Post by DKH »

Alright, I'll try that, thanks. One other thing; I am likely to find more players in general in MP playing 1.8.5 or 1.9.3?
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

You will find more players in 1.8.5.
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

Ceres wrote:You will find more players in 1.8.5.
1.8 is the stable version, 1.9 is the developmental version. The stable almost always has more people then the developmental. Make sure to keep your version of Wesnoth updated, as it may cause problems for other players and yourself.

Stable Version has all the features that are tested and known not to cause problems with the game (with the exception of a few known bugs, but there being worked on.)

Development contains the new features, not tested fully, but are a nice addition to the game. The development version is slowly migrated too stable as time goes on, and as the features are tested fully. 1.8 has many features introduced in 1.7, but were tested and debugged for play.

Anyways, back to the point, 1.8 contains more players then 1.9, but if you wish to 1.9 has many new features, terrains, and units then 1.8
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
king_scrooge

Post by king_scrooge »

Hello, I previously played as sir_scrooge but lost the password to my email.
~KS
chesh1re

Post by chesh1re »

Sup guys. Fun game y'all got here.

Been playing it the last few days. very addictive.
Patch

Post by Patch »

Hi I am Sangre I have been playing Wesnoth like 2-3 years and I still being a litte newbie.

Post by 224466 »

Hi im a newbie here.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Welcome to the forums!
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Shield

Post by Shield »

Hi, I'm Shield. I've been playing Wesnoth for 6 years, but mainly only against myself. I only decided to actually join the forums recently. I look forward to contributing some artwork in the near future. Most likely portraits, I’ll need to learn more on making and frankensteining sprites. So I could possibly help some people with their artwork. (if they need it)
hhyloc
Translator

Post by hhyloc »

Shield wrote:I look forward to contributing some artwork in the near future. Most likely portraits, I’ll need to learn more on making and frankensteining sprites. So I could possibly help some people with their artwork. (if they need it)
A potential art contributor! :D Welcome to the forums and looking forward to see your contributions to this great game in the future! :)
R.I.P
Devling_Overlord

Post by Devling_Overlord »

I am Devling_Overlord, or Vulkra in multiplayer. some of you may know me as, "that groupy whou wouldn't SHUT UP!", but all that is behind me now. I am currently trying to find a campaign for the Chaos faction, or make one, if no such thing exists.

and because I know it aplies to something someone said somewhere on this forum, THATS WHAT SHE SAID!
:lol2:
ryaboopsoup

Post by ryaboopsoup »

Hiya! I'm Ryaboopsoup. Been playing wesnoth since... i can't even emember when i started, but since I have, I've gotten at least 4 other people interested in it, too. I am currently making a map, modeled after the Hunger Games. It won't be even near that, however, as the max players this game allows is 9, and in the books, they've got 24. but still...