Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BougieJacques

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by BougieJacques »

Nice to meet you all.
I just found out and got into this game October of 2014. Its amazing to see how long this game has been worked on, yet has gotten relatively minimal exposure. I heard about this from a Fire Emblem group on another forum but didnt bother getting into it until I heard a recommendation of it being a great mobile game. The obscurity really is a shame but its great to find such a diamond in the rough for free.

I was going to buy the app store version but wondered why it was free on the PC, and eventually found the up to date android port. The RNG was initially frustrating but lurking the forums, I can understand where you guys are coming from. I figured I might as well make an account to give input, since the more I play, the more it seems obvious I'm not going to touch my huge backlog of other games any time soon.
Shanrakk

Post by Shanrakk »

Hey!

In hindsight, ive probably been following Wesnoth since it's Genesis. My dad introduced me to to Wesnoth in some version of Linux a few years ago. I've never joined the forum though for many a reason, but I am here now. Anxious and excited to be a part of the community!
Idk. I'm awesome, fear me.
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

Hi, I am darkeye28, and I play Wesnoth since version 1.1-1.2 (I don't know exactly), do not think that I am pro, because I stopped playing for a while (a very long while), and I was very young when I start (I did not learn anything), I think that is all.
Why are you reading this? Are you stupid? There is nothing to see here, stop reading this now! Or I will... Anyway, do you like One Piece?
vojta1122

Post by vojta1122 »

Hi!
My name is Vojta, I am from Czech Republic.
First, I need to apologize for my poor English, but I hope I will improve my skills in time.
I just came here to discuss my favourite game, to learn the community and... well, we will see. The forum seems to be full of interesting things to explore.
Nice to meet you all :)
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

Hi!
My name is Vojta, I am from Czech Republic.
First, I need to apologize for my poor English, but I hope I will improve my skills in time.
I just came here to discuss my favourite game, to learn the community and... well, we will see. The forum seems to be full of interesting things to explore.
Nice to meet you all
Hello and welcome to Wesnoth.
It's nice to see people from my country here, though that's not suprising given how complete the Czech traslation is. By the way I've joined the community several years ago, but I haven't introduced myself in this thread. However, I've explained how I found out about this game in this and this thread, so I'll repost it here:
Spoiler:
poltergeist

Post by poltergeist »

Hello im new here, just start playing a week ago :D
trial and error method
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Hello poltergeist, welcome to the forum.

Is this you?
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.
poltergeist

Post by poltergeist »

nuorc wrote:Hello poltergeist, welcome to the forum.

Is this you?
Spoiler:
nope :lol:

but anyway thanks nuorc this is gonna became cool avatar :D
trial and error method
Jack_Stone

Post by Jack_Stone »

Hi I am Jack_Stone and I have played Wesnoth for about 4 years now and I am very interested in coding I have started and finished a few campaigns but I'm fairly new to the forums and would like some advice as to where I should visit to find answers about "Coding" appreciate help :) Thank you all!
Last edited by Jack_Stone on March 16th, 2015, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uaigneach Siúil
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

Hi I am Jack_Stone and I have played Wesnoth for about 3 years now and I am very interested in coding I have started and finished a few campaigns but I'm fairly new to the forums and would like some advice as to where I should visit to find answers about "Coding" appreciate help
It depndds what do you consider "coding", but if you refer to creation of your own Wesnoth content, you should probably look into the "Create" section of Wesnoth wiki. It should be noted that for simple UMC Wesnoth doesn't require knowing any programming language, but only WML which is more related to HMTL. However, Wesnoth also accept Lua and is made in C++ (both of which are programming languages). There are three aliteratively named fora (WML Workshop, Lua Labs and Code'r Corner), one for each of those languages, where you might ask questions about solving issues in these languages. Once you make an UMC, you can also make a thread for it in one of these fora: Faction and Era Development, Multiplayer Development or Scenario and Campaign Development (depending on the type of your UMC) to gather feedback. (For example I have a thread form my campaign, as seen in my signature). I hope that helps. :)
Jack_Stone

Post by Jack_Stone »

Thank you Telchin! :D
Uaigneach Siúil
Reddbone

Post by Reddbone »

Introduction time 8) Hey everyone, Reddbone here, feel free to call me Redd ^_^ I've been playing Wesnoth for like 5-ish years (I bought a computer from a buddy that came with it installed) and I was instantly hooked. Sooo yeah, hope to see you guys in a match :mrgreen:
sanii

Post by sanii »

Hello!

I'm Sanii. Played this game way back when I was just a wee lad (around 7-9 years ago ish). I'm just now getting into coding and trying to do something "productive" on the interwebs, and have thus returned to create havoc.

If anyone needs help translating something into french, shoot me a PM.

Drakes are the best.
gmf221

Post by gmf221 »

Hi,

I am gmf221, I am from Germany and most of you might know me from Isar's Cross.

I came here in order to find a competitive challenge on Isar's Cross. Eventually even a ladder or something.

gl hf ;)

gmf221
Elvish_King

Post by Elvish_King »

I'm always glad to see that I'm not the only German to play Battle for Wesnoth.
Anyway, welcome to the forums.
Visit my threads:
Era:Era of more units
Artwork:Art