Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sindarin1

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Sindarin1 »

Hi, I'm Sindarin1
I'm playing wesnoth again since a break time.
I had another nickname before but I don't remember wich one.

I wish I can find anyone willing to play multiplayer campaign.
I live in gmt+1 so we should be on compatible daytime to make some turns.
brass_harpooner

Post by brass_harpooner »

Hi everybody. I discovered BfW last month (where have you been all these years?) and have completed the HttT campaign. I'm also half way through DiD but I've started work on a new single player campaign (I'll start a dedicated thread and post it to the add-on server). I'm a veteran programmer though a newbie when it comes to game dev. I already love Wesnoth dearly, and am somewhat addicted to the soundtrack. I'd like to dig into the code a bit and see what I can contribute.

See you around!
Brass Harpooner
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

brass_harpooner wrote: February 27th, 2018, 10:21 pm Hi everybody. I discovered BfW last month (where have you been all these years?) and have completed the HttT campaign. I'm also half way through DiD but I've started work on a new single player campaign (I'll start a dedicated thread and post it to the add-on server). I'm a veteran programmer though a newbie when it comes to game dev. I already love Wesnoth dearly, and am somewhat addicted to the soundtrack. I'd like to dig into the code a bit and see what I can contribute.

See you around!
Brass Harpooner
Welcome!
If you have any questions about contributing, there's of course the forums, as well as #development on Wesnoth's Discord server along with #wesnoth-dev on IRC.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
galegosimpatico

Post by galegosimpatico »

Hi all, thanks for this.
MarkoLeSerbe

Post by MarkoLeSerbe »

Hello people, I may be very late to join the forums but I've been around Wesnoth for a veeeery long time now. I started playing it in 2010? Don't remember exactly anymore. Anyway, it was about time I join. :lol:
Ulfberth

Post by Ulfberth »

Hey there my name is Ulfberth.
Iam from Germany and stumbled upon BfW not too long ago,
I finally decided to visit the forums.
Iam just wondering how or what I should do/finish campaign wise first, in order to dwelve into MP and get a good experience
out of it(of course the people I play against too, can be frustrating to play against someone who is just plain bad or has no idea what he is doing).
Also Iam wondering where the best place is to find people to play some MP rounds?
Greetings from here!

Edit: Ohh i just thought I would add some games that I have played
Played through anything fireemblem related, often just for the gameplay I played nontranslated ones too. I couldnt resist
to try and finish everything.
Into the breach, x-com, duelyst(somewhat similiar), front mission(dunno which titels exactly), fftactics, ogre battle, some mechastuff(was it superrobotwars?),
Disgeae, vandal hearts. Those are atleast the ones I remember right now from the top of my head.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Welcome!

MP and the campaigns are entirely separate, so in general I would check the difficulty listed for each campaign and follow that, though for first starting off I would follow this. As far as finding people to play against, that would be Wesnoth's MP server, which is accessible from the main menu.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Ulfberth

Post by Ulfberth »

Thanks for the Welcome and the answers ;).
I stopped TSG half way trough, it felt way too easy on the highest difficulty.
I started HttT on hard and promplty got my ass handed to me at the Siege of Elensefar, Poison is a [censored] if you dont know about it :D.
I´ve picked up TSG again and nearly finished it now, gonna do the other two then and try my hands at the siege again, I think I could pull trough
it but I didn`t felt like losing that many lvl2units while doing it.
Guess I can learn a thing or two while doing the other campaigns first.
For the MP part, Iam gonna look around the Servers then, I didn`t want to inconvenience anyone by not knowing how
to join the correct games/which mods are needed and so on and so forth.
Thank you very much!
RobertLM78

Post by RobertLM78 »

I usually lurk before joining forums, but since registration is required to do MP, I just jumped right in and joined.

I run on Mint 17.3, and as that has Wesnoth 1.10 in the repos, I went ahead and compiled 1.12 yesterday.
(a note for anyone who wants to build on similar systems: be sure to just sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev ;) )
RandallLinux

Post by RandallLinux »

name's Randall, saw that Battle for Westnoth is coming to steam in a few days so I figured I'd make an account ahead of time
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I've never introduced me, even though I've been around for some years now.
My name is actually Konrad, I got this forum name before playing HttT (the name 'Konrad' was already taken...well...I've never been really creative).
And I live in germany, by now I'm 21 years old and I've loved wesnoth for almost half of my live. :D
Although I have no idea about programming, I'm good at spotting small details that might not match. And I've learned to actually give feedback, which is what I'm doing. That's my way of contributing.
Theoretically I could also proofread german translations or english texts.
(I'm daunted by very big problems though, it's better for me to break down any problem into smaller problems.)
mysterious_haruko

Post by mysterious_haruko »

Hello everyone who reads this post! I'm bad at introducing myself, so I guess I'll go straight to the point. So, I'm big fan of Wesnoth and it's rich history, I don't how many years passed, maybe 10 or 12 years when I first loaded this game. I started from 1.2 and so on and steam version reignite my love for Wesnoth. Well, I registered here to fullfill my wish to create small or maybe big campaign of my dreams. I know, there are lots of work until I could that, for example learn basic WML and spriting units.
Favorite campaigns? Legend of Wesmere, Liberty, Under the Burning Suns, Descent into Darkness and few more.

Well, outside of Wesnoth, I love to play old fps like Doom or Quake. I have some experience in Doom mapping and some scripting, I think small knowledge of that could help me.
Also, I like to writing, I mostly write poems in my native language.
I guess, that's it. Not used to introduce myself that much. Well, I'll lurk more and see how life passes here.
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

Welcome to the forums, haruko!
If you haven't found already, there is a How-To for campaigns. Also, the Create Page gives useful information about all kinds of content you can create for Wesnoth. When learning WML, the ReferenceWML comes in very handy. If you struggle at some point, feel free to ask for help in the WML Workshop.
Looking forward to play your campaign! :)
gbnmvfx

Post by gbnmvfx »

removed
Last edited by gbnmvfx on February 28th, 2024, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChampignonZ

Post by ChampignonZ »

Hi there,

I'm Maxime, a french violinist playing video games. I discovered Battle for Wesnoth something like 7 years ago (? not truly sure), then left it (for no reason), and then i'm back (for no reason either). I never stopped claiming this is a fabulous game.
I just registered to this forum to be able to connect to MP official server, so, i had to introduce myself a bit ;) but i'm not a communication guy, i won't post a lot.

See you ingame !
ChampignonZ