Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lolinder

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Lolinder »

Long-time fan, first time forum poster. I did a bunch of WML stuff in the core files a while back, just barely figured out how to do modular mods. Makes life far easier. :D I hope to learn more here!
Kaddo

Post by Kaddo »

Hello, I'm Kaddo. Been playing BfW, on and off, since 2006. I posted once or twice in these forums as 'Erax07', but the email address for that account went inactive when I switched ISPs.

I love this game!
j0ker

Post by j0ker »

Hi all!

I love BfW!!! A friend told me about it, and i´ve been addicted since a few weeks. Excellent gameplay, lovely characters.
This is one of my favorite games and much better than a lot of games i payed money for!! I´m really glad there is still cool games with big communities.

Greetings from Germany,

j0ker
Digitalhawk

Post by Digitalhawk »

Yep hi.
Im not new but this account is extremely new! I have played Wesnoth, rarely, as i have to find the time to sit down and play a full match without interruption from the "outside." :augh:
However i am finally going to get to grips with the game mostly at at the weekend and the nice big summer holiday thats coming.
And guess what i did last night! Yep this avatar. I am going to expand it to the animations over the next few weeks and perhaps try to string it together, sat up around 11pm and worked on it... accidentally managed to delete it in a very strange way then had to redo it at 12am... it is based off of the Drake clasher but i have reworked it to suit my needs using GIMP.
Of course i will stay active on the forums if possible and try to submit something in the future.
But don`t get all excited at a novice player match from me or something as i feel i hardly have the time half the time.
ANYWAY... here i am. Just stay away from my castle if you have some sort of evil intention. All evil intentions will be ground into a fine powder and given back to you in an urn... if i win.
Yes i made this avatar... and yes i play drakes.
Honourguard of the Draconic Sons and Artist
Cawymomma

Post by Cawymomma »

Hi I'm new to the forum but have been playing Battle for Wesnoth since 2004.
I am here because there was a problem with an add-on game, but I am not allowed to post in that forum nor the report bug forum. As a matter of fact, that link http://bugs.wesnoth.org/ causes the browser to tell me to close the page and never go back to that site again, because something was wrong with the security/certificates of the page.
The game is called Seven Stones and Eleven. It's pretty cool! But, I can't get past the first playable scenario. The game doesn't recognize you getting everyone across the river. Everyone disappears but your elected leader, and the human general just keeps firing off people to attack you until you die. I got everyone across, didn't kill the leader, and none of my heroes died until those pitiful rangers, villagers and pikemen did in my leader.

Does anyone know, are the scenario rules supposed to change to "kill the leader" for victory? Or is it supposed to recognize that everyone is across the river and end the scenario?

I apologize for posting this here, but this is the only thread that doesn't tell me, "You are not allowed to post here.".

Here is a SS of the problem with bugs.wesnoth.org: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5185/564 ... 7955_b.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Cawymomma wrote:I am here because there was a problem with an add-on game, but I am not allowed to post in that forum nor the report bug forum. As a matter of fact, that link http://bugs.wesnoth.org/ causes the browser to tell me to close the page and never go back to that site again, because something was wrong with the security/certificates of the page.
That’s normal since the gna.org people rarely remember to update their certificates. It’s safe to ignore/add an exception for that site. Bug reports for add-on content do not belong in our tracker, though — they should be posted in the forums. There’s no thread for the add-on you mentioned in Scenario & Campaign Development, so I guess a new thread or a private message to the author (Efinari) would do.
Cawymomma wrote:I apologize for posting this here, but this is the only thread that doesn't tell me, "You are not allowed to post here.".
Can you drop me a private message with a screenshot of the error message?
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Efinari

Post by Efinari »

Hi, "y'all"!

I'm Efinari, and I've been playing Wesnoth for 'a while' now, although for me time seems to go ever so much slower, so it might have only been like 2 years. :)
I self-taught myself WML by tinkering with the main-line campaigns, so while I think I'm pretty good, there are some areas where I'm not polished, and some where I'm entirely lacking--that's why I came to the forums; to find help for some problems that I couldn't solve on my own.
I've been working on many different projects; but usually with me, I get so far and quit. Currently my main project is called 'Legends of the East', and it's a huge package dealing with the land east of Wesnoth--at the moment it includes about 10 campaigns, 2 MP campaigns, around 5 MP scenarios, a map of the eastern lands, several cute and complicated macros, and tons of food for the imaginative designer. However, since it's so large, it probably won't be released for another decade. :(

The first campaign I ever released (and currently the only one) is 'Seven Stones--and Eleven'. I designed it up to the first milestone, so it's playable, but still in development.
Cawymomma wrote:It's pretty cool! But, I can't get past the first playable scenario. The game doesn't recognize you getting everyone across the river. Everyone disappears but your elected leader
I'm glad someone thinks my work worthwhile!!! Sorry about that bug, someone else had that problem too. I'm on it, but haven't been able to reproduce it yet. (troubleshooting 101) :)
Kallin Efinari
---Creator of "LOTE Unit Release", "7p - Afterwards", and "Chain Lightning"
(Working on 1.12 port of "7p - Afterwards")
Managing compatibility between 4000K people's ideas of what happens? Forget it!
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

Hello, my name is Boldek, and I have been playing BFW for several years, though I just started this forum. I came here to discuss BFW, because I figured this was the place to discuss good clean wesnoth fun.
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
Dorimen

Post by Dorimen »

Hello! I'm Dorimen and I've discovered Wesnoth 3 years ago!
I'm italian so i don't speak very well english :doh:
I'm registered on the Wesnoth Italian Forum and I'm creating "Stickmen Era" and maybe I will post it in this forum some day
DeviantArt Profile
My project: Stickmen Era
Coming soon project: The Chaos Lord- a campaign with the Stickmen Era
--The measure of a man is what he does with power--
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

Dorimen wrote:I'm creating "Stickmen Era" and maybe I will post it in this forum some day
We already have at least one I'm afraid.
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
Dorimen

Post by Dorimen »

Yes, I know...
the dreamer was in the WIF and he saw my work; when I had begin I didn't know there was the minimalist era...

but they are totally different from The Dreamer's stickmen...
it will be early to version 1.0 (now is 0.98)...
if you understand a bit of italian take a look at this: http://wif.altervista.org/index.php/top ... cseen.html

also to have an idea of the artwork
DeviantArt Profile
My project: Stickmen Era
Coming soon project: The Chaos Lord- a campaign with the Stickmen Era
--The measure of a man is what he does with power--
Eowar

Post by Eowar »

Hello,

I'm French, so please excuse my english^^,

I've been playing BfW for a few years (on and off...) but I haven't play online very much. (sometimes the Wi-fi leave me alone in the middle of a match... :augh: )

I'm "only" a player, since I don't make anything for the world of Wesnoth.

I join the forum because I'd like to read different points of view about the game, like strategies and balancing.

And I think my Wi-fi problem will be solved, so I'm looking forward to play online more often, maybe against some members. :D
Deukalion

Post by Deukalion »

Hello,

I discovered Battle for Wesnoth a couple of days ago, and I've become quite fond of it.
I am also in the process of convincing all of my friends to give it a shot, as well.

Congrats on a successful game, and I'm sure you'll see me around.
Lukeaxx

Post by Lukeaxx »

Heyy, the names Luke, I first played Wesnoth, well back in like 2007.

I made this account in 2010, and now I'm back, to a game I have played on and off since 2007, and just can't seem to keep away from for very long at all :')

Besides the fact it is a purely amazing game due to the how it can be so fun, so strategic yet so simple at the same time, another big thing that keep bringing me back is the fun I can have with the WML - Its such an easy language to use and the development is so much fun, from making units to making whole campaigns and races, this s a remarkably fun game to play, and to have fun outside the game with :)
There is no point focusing on the past, as that does not exist anymore. There is equally no point focusing on the future, as that doesn't exist yet either. What is important is what exists now, the present.
tayyabrana

Post by tayyabrana »

Hi,
I am Tayyab Abbas from Pakistan and I have played on and off since 2006. I just accidentally discovered this game (though it was in its early stages of development) and immediately fallen in love with it. Since then whenever I get enough time I love to play this game more than any other modern games.