Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tufgit

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by tufgit »

hi guys i'm new here but i've been playing wesnoth since 1.6.5 and i love it keep it up guys
Mussious

Post by Mussious »

Hello guys, I'm from Poland. My true name is Kamil. I've been playing Wesnoth for about half a year. I like computers and maths. I play the keyboard. I'm 15 years old. I know a bit of WML, and make a campaign (it isn't in an add-on server right know, but will be). I joined this forum some months ago, but wasn't very active. :D
EarlGrey

Post by EarlGrey »

Hello, I'm Jason from WV, USA. I'm ashamed to tell you how old I am so I'll leave that part out! :oops: Thanks for all the work that goes into this game. I've been playing for a couple years and I really enjoy it.
blasphymer

Post by blasphymer »

Since I *was* hoping to keep silent up till the release of my campaign, I didn't decide to post here.... But uh... Creating a macro kinda messed that up, soooo Hi. I am usually Blasphymer, or Axel depending on which kind of forum I am on, Blasphymer for all my game forums, Axel for most of my roleplay forum identities (yes, I roleplay, and I think highly of myself for it.... hehe)

I live in one of the fifty states of the USA, more specifically somewhere in the southwest. I have been playing for a little over two months now, and started with version 1.8.5 out of Ubuntu's repos and compiled the dev release shortly after. I'll admit, I was surprised at the quality... and WML, like Rome, could not have been built in a day. Thank you for the awesome awesome game. I am definitely hooked, and maybe here shortly you will see my terrible playing skills on the official servers or any server....
Currently working on a morally gray campaign, Cry of the Assassin... Working on: storyline Completed: Two scenarios and one cutscene, resprites, and a few customized units
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

EarlGrey wrote:I'm ashamed to tell you how old I am so I'll leave that part out!
Oow, please, not to be ashamed about your age. This community is for all-ages and world-wide people.
Only, but still 4% of users in the community are over 40 years old (including me): http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1818

And I know another user/creator who is 50(+?) years old.:wink:
(I think the actual percentage of the 40+ years old users is more than 4%, because they don't vote as much as young users do on the thread.)

As considering the future by myself, I guess, the number of aged users will be increased in the community because of the video-game generations. (the first Nintendo appeared in 83-84.)

Welcome to the community.:)

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
verstecken

Post by verstecken »

Hi all!
I always head about Wesnoth but never played it seriously.
So here i am!
MachineShop

Post by MachineShop »

I've been playing Wesnoth since 1.4, but never went onto the forum.

So Hi.
legithorir

Post by legithorir »

Hi there, I've just register but I used to go to the forum without posting
I've played BFW since 2005, and I started just recently to check the add-ons so I've decided to talk about those here! (My pseudo come from a elf champion I got in my first play of Heir of the Throne)
evil_eye

Post by evil_eye »

Hi. I'm evil eye and play wesnoth since 2005.
TronPaul

Post by TronPaul »

Hello all. I found Wesnoth when looking for past GSoC participators. I'm hoping to work on Wesnoth for GSoC this summer. I hadn't heard of Wesnoth before, but it's an interesting project. I was surprised that an open source game actually participated in GSoC.
"With glory and passion, no longer in fashion, the hero breaks his blade
Cast a shadow long, so I may hide my face, and in this cloak of darkness, the world I will embrace." Kansas - The Pinnacle
akzfowl

Post by akzfowl »

hi everyone!! i am akshay from india
i have been playing this game for like 3-4 months, only the campaigns though.
i'm looking forward to playing online and also eventually get involved in the development of the game
Rowanthepreacher

Post by Rowanthepreacher »

Rowanthepreacher here. You get three guesses what my real name is, I dare you.

I joined just to tell the creator of Swamplings what I thought of his campaign (replace all of the mainline campaigns with Swamplings) but I'll be sticking around, because I'm a forumite.
Al-Arkus

Post by Al-Arkus »

Hello All,

I 'discovered' Wesnoth about 6 months ago when I bought my first Mac. I have enjoyed playing through the lower-level campaigns and seem to have done fairly well.

I am now stymied with how to win the last scenario in LOW Human Alliance. I imagine that I am starting off with insufficient funding and/or 'human resources', as every tactic I have tried has still resulted in overrun and vanquishment.

In general I look forward to learning more about the game, strategy, etc, and of course would welcome any tips on finally winning this rather frustrating scenario!

Cheers!
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

Al-Arkus: I know you're a newbie here, so for your information, the people who can generally help with campaigns lurk in the Strategies and Tips forum. Some might not ever read this thread, so it's best to ask there.
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
PhishBiscuit

Joining the battle for wesnoth

Post by PhishBiscuit »

Hey guys just saying i will be joining you all and hopefully will see you all out there, as sson as i learn wth i will be doing that is

cheers