Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nuorc
Forum Regular

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by nuorc »

Hello Reddbone, sanii & gmf221!
Elvish_King wrote:I'm always glad to see that I'm not the only German to play Battle for Wesnoth.
Oh, I believe we have plenty of compatriots here for a 'Stammtisch'! ;)
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.
gmf221

Post by gmf221 »

Maybe that is the case. I am pretty disgusted, that my thread for isar's cross has remained unanswered so far.

Which is strange because it is a map with a lot of players which play very competitively. Isar is much more challenging and skillful than any

other map. So there should be a ladder, no?
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

gmf221 wrote: I am pretty disgusted, that my thread for isar's cross has remained unanswered so far.
This is probably why:
Ender_Wiggen wrote:IC is beginners map
Wintermute wrote:playing (any faction) on Isar's Cross is something you should avoid if you want to improve.
Nebiros wrote:It's not popular among stronger players, partly because of the large role of luck, and partly because of the high probability of getting a very much worse partner that will drag you down.
Turuk wrote:it has been distinctly mentioned several times by the MP devs that Isar's Cross is unbalanced
According to strong players, it is the opposite of challenging and skillful.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
taptap

Post by taptap »

beetlenaut wrote:
gmf221 wrote: I am pretty disgusted, that my thread for isar's cross has remained unanswered so far.
This is probably why:
Ender_Wiggen wrote:IC is beginners map
Wintermute wrote:playing (any faction) on Isar's Cross is something you should avoid if you want to improve.
Nebiros wrote:It's not popular among stronger players, partly because of the large role of luck, and partly because of the high probability of getting a very much worse partner that will drag you down.
Turuk wrote:it has been distinctly mentioned several times by the MP devs that Isar's Cross is unbalanced
According to strong players, it is the opposite of challenging and skillful.
Apart from being unbalanced, random etc., it is fast and fun. Other maps might be slow and fun, but fast they certainly are not.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
gmf221

Post by gmf221 »

These statements are so wrong, I dont know where to begin with.

First of all Isar's Cross is not unbalanced. Second the opposite is true: You got to play random to improve.

IC is not a beginner's map. The "large role of luck" is given any time. I don't see anything special about Isar, when it comes to luck.

The probabilty of a bad partner IS high, so I proposed to play 1v1. (and someone who believes in those statements quoted might just be such a partner according to my experience).

Something that is mentioned several times is not therefore true. Like here. It's just wrong. Give me an example?

Only one I see so far is when you play undead seat 1 starting at dawn and enemy is a rushy drake for your villages with some luck (because youre still on a 60).

Thats only serious problem I see and still the attack is very much double edged, because the setup involved is.

"According to strong players" - I should leave this unanswered. Because imho someone who believes in such false things cannot be that strong. I think I should defeat these

guys on Isar. If they want to, I am here most of day now. I dislike the implication you're not counting me in ;).

btw. Which maps do those people play? I wonder.

I open a thread about these false statements.
puranglista123

Post by puranglista123 »

In thread: Hello, my name is puranglista123 ( in my language, puran is a male turkey and a glista is that worm that makes your soil better) and while I have experience with BfW, I haven't played for over a year. But anyways, hope you accept me! *Doesn't get accepted, commits seppuku (or sepukku, I don't precisely know how is it written, and calm down,this is just a joke)*
Violet-n-red

Post by Violet-n-red »

hello, people! been playing Wenoth few years ago, now i've come back for some campaign walkthroughs. no idea how active i will be here, since i haven't been on too man game forums and i was very active only on one of them. will probably be interested in some campaigns featuring times long before or after the ones described in Heir to the Throne. Under the Burning Sun looks intriguing, but i'm afraid it may be too tough for me just yet.
yesyes

Post by yesyes »

Greetings dear citizens of wesnoth
I've been playing this game for about a week now. I like the campaigns a lot. And the pixel art is nice too
Originally I wanted to give some feedback on the game but what I wanted to say has been said here many times already. Since I already made this account I might as well post a message
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Dorsil

About me...

Post by Dorsil »

hi ! I make this post with the intention of know more of the users, begin:

Name: Agustin Martinez

City and country: Montevideo ( city ) Uruguay ( country )

how many years have you been in Wesnoth: 5 years

other games ? World of Warcraft

Favorite Music: Well... Epic music, rock, electronic ( house, progressive house, etc... )

something extra: well, i like this community and this game, is excelente :)

I invite you to respond :D :D :D
tooitalian

Post by tooitalian »

Well, I guess this is technically a reintroduction :)

many many years ago, when my voice was just starting to crackle and squeak, I was known on this forum as Assasin. Years passed, I stopped playing, and now I have semi-returned as tooitalian. It's pretty much my handle everywhere. Don't see too many familiar faces anymore, good to see the game still up and running, sad to see that it's sinking. Wish I had the experience to help but hell i'm busy enough as it is to take on more work.

So, hello again, and peace to the Drakes and the Fire god's who made them.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

tooitalian wrote:Well, I guess this is technically a reintroduction :)

many many years ago, when my voice was just starting to crackle and squeak, I was known on this forum as Assasin. Years passed, I stopped playing, and now I have semi-returned as tooitalian. It's pretty much my handle everywhere. Don't see too many familiar faces anymore, good to see the game still up and running, sad to see that it's sinking. Wish I had the experience to help but hell i'm busy enough as it is to take on more work.

So, hello again, and peace to the Drakes and the Fire god's who made them.
Welcome back, I'm sure the Dark Elves have missed you. Perhaps sinking a bit, but we're plugging away, and always happy to have another player back.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Mesala

Post by Mesala »

Hi guys.
I play Wesnoth several years ago. But now i want to play PBEM.... yes .... play by email. I think it can be funny, and in PBEM mode every turn is the most important turn. I think a new player can learn very much about the game in PBEM mode.
Interested players can email me to mesala.pbem@gmail.com and we can make a interesting match.
Tks.
tenkagod

Post by tenkagod »

Hi,
I'm tenkagod, a neophyte of this game.
I like RPGs, fantasy, mangas, animes, etc.
I like also The Battle for Wesnoth and i began to play it severals weeks back.

If someones want to check my awesome (lol) website...
It's here : http://uniteailee.shost.ca

And if you want to play a game with me, send me a Private Message.

Hum, what to say.... I like tolkien...
My native language is french and I'm french.
So, in french :

Salut,
Je suis tenkagod, un débutant sur ce jeu ! ^^

J'aime les RPGs, le fantasy, les mangas, les animes, etc.
J'aime bien jouer à La Bataille pour Wesnoth et j'ai découvert ce petit jeu qui m'a l'air bien sympa,
il y a d'ores et déjà quelques maigres semaines...

Bon, mon site et mon mail sont au dessus, ca devrait etre compréhensible... ;)
Si vous etes des francais(es) et que vous voulez jouer avec moi, envoyez moi un mail ou un message privé.
Et connaissez-vous un serveur francophone svp ? :(

PS :
I have take some old friends with me on this game !
J'ai apportés quelques (futurs -peut etre-) membres de la communautés, qui jouent avec moi.

Bonne Chance !
Good luck !

Edit: redacted email address -- aquileia
Posting your email address on a public forum is a bad idea (unless you don't mind spam).
Ce n'est pas une bonne idée de poster ta adresse e-mail sur un forum publique (sauf si spam te ne dérange pas).
shadow12

Post by shadow12 »

Want to say hello to everyone. I have been playing for a couple of months now and enjoying it tremendously!

Thank you to all the very talented people for designing and creating these fun and challenging games. I love the artwork, too. I see many campaigns here to keep me busy for some time. Glad to have found this forum. Very nice to meet you all!

--->>> Now onward to Wesnoth --->>>
Last edited by shadow12 on December 11th, 2015, 11:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Sometimes life unexpectedly throws a Troll or a nasty Queen Naga in your path.
Benignity

Post by Benignity »

Seems like I'm next. Well, I was introduced to Wesnoth when my father decided to install Linux on a whim. There were a lot of fun games that came preinstalled, but Wesnoth was the one that I became enraptured with and lead me to the RPG and Strategy genres.
I played through some campaigns in Singleplayer and observed games in the MP lobby, but couldn't get my friends hooked, so I gradually got out of touch.

Recently though I updated to Wesnoth 1.12.4 and decided to create an account; mainly to follow forum discussions (and who knows - maybe even participate)

I'm German, aspire to become a chemist and like music. (mostly symphonic electro, but I'm pretty open-minded there)
So that's me. See you on the battlefield!