Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

21Racr

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by 21Racr »

Thanks for the advice. I'll finish scenario 7 (I'm just trying to get some overlaid images to be animated), then I'll add it to the server. I'll create a thread for it to, probably in the Scenario and Campaign Development forum.
Watch out for Ferrets!

Proud author of the Beyond Blood campaign!
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

Nice to meet you all! I joined the forum so that i could share my unit creator with you all (It should be in my sig, if not then check the coder's corner section) Hopefully i can add more to it and perhaps make more tools for windows users to create their own addons :D
Carrow

Post by Carrow »

Hello everyone,

My name is Carrow, I found The Battle for Wesnoth while searching for "Advance Wars" style games. Advance wars is a GameBoy Advance game I used to play religiously back in the day. I'm a graphic designer, marketing manager, and learning front-end web development. Hopefully if I find time free time (aside from actually playing Wesnoth) I can make some graphics to contribute to the community. :)
"Our Blades Are Sharp"
Templar

Post by Templar »

Greetings. I hail from a huge land where power corrupts even the kindest souls. I seek to keep the balance and to improve my tactical combat skills. That is all.
ketus

Post by ketus »

Hi, Ketus here.
Looking for technical assistance since TBFW decided not to open anymore on my laptop. Unable to slay orcs I come here to pick up tactics and read what others have to say about the awesome world of Wesnoth, until I can find my way back there......
MrMonteiro

Post by MrMonteiro »

Hello,
I'm a new player (started 2 weeks ago) and possibly I'll delve deep in the game in the years to come.
This is an amazing project! :D
As always I have a newcomer's question: Are there available artificial inteligences (official/sub-official)?
I'm using Battle for Wesnoth v1.10.6 .
grrr

Post by grrr »

Templar wrote:Greetings. I hail from a huge land where power corrupts even the kindest souls. I seek to keep the balance and to improve my tactical combat skills. That is all.
Let me amend that: Amen!
Nargazoc

Post by Nargazoc »

Hello, I'm Nargazoc. I've been playing to Wesnoth for 4 or 5 years. I'm 15 and i'm a french player. I really like this game and i hope you will understand me because I'm not really good in English. :D
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Welcome to the forums! Please read the posting guidelines, and don't be afraid to ask for help with the game. Searching through the various forums/wiki would handle most questions, but there are always people around to help.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Danwar132

Post by Danwar132 »

Hello!

I am danwar132.I actually joined the game before the fourms.
belive me,battle for wesnoth is a AWESOME gamme,altho i prefer the saurian race.
because i just.
like.
lizard things.

Anyway,that's me. :D
Hey there!
Rawr.
UK1

Post by UK1 »

I've been playing Wesnoth since 1.2. I had no idea this thread was a thing til today. I'm UK1, I go by Ukraneean on the multiplayer server. I don't like dogs; cats are okay. I like to chat and if you don't like that; don't listen *shrug*.

I like to play undead because skeletons, ghouls, zombies, and ghosts are loyal. They aren't fair-weather friends who will ditch you at the last moment. They won't betray you. And skeletons won't gang up and bully you mercilessly because you're different! Skeletons won't drive you to do things they'll regret! Oh-ho-ho and when you do you're the bad guy! Skeletons and ghouls don't have families; families that are better than yours! Skeletons and ghouls, bound to your magic as they are, won't ditch you the second you're out of high school! And skeletons and ghouls won't break up with you when all you did was make a slightly off color joke! And if you do get dumped, skeletons and ghouls will be there for you to offer a shoulder to cry on!

Also, I think that their resistances are strategic (even though they're kind of frail) because oftentimes you get to decide what the enemy hits you with; not him. And DA's are, of course, powerful despite being glass cannons. Playing Undead presents a particularly unique challenge to the point that choosing them is now practically suicide. With each update you can start a pool on how they're going to be nerfed next despite not even being close to the most powerful faction. Just a couple of the many benefits you get from undead!
Spoiler:
"Hey you, bats should be nerfed."
"Why?"
"Because I lost a game to bat swarm and I'm bitterUhm... clarity... and... consistency? Yeah yeah that sounds good. Clarity and consistency."
Do not. Nerf. The bat.
SpecialB

Post by SpecialB »

I just got Wesnoth a few days ago and have become addicted to it. I was feeling bored with my current collection of games, but am broke, so I decided to look for a free RPG or strategy game online. Battle for Wesnoth was mentioned in several "best free games", so I tried it out, thinking it would give me an afternoon of fun and then be forgotten about. I was wrong; I am hooked. It is the most fun turn-based strategy game I've played. I love how the terrain effects your combat and movement. The game is simple, yet full of strategy.

I've been gaming since the mid 80s, consider myself a fairy hardcore gamer (I have a collection of Japanese SCHMUPs that would backup that statement) and Wesnoth is the most addicted I have been to a game since the original Diablo.

How can this be free? A huge thank you to everyone involved in making this game, including the people making the downloadable content. I've downloaded a few campaigns and MP eras as well.
Masterchief40k

Post by Masterchief40k »

Hi
I`m bloody new if someone knows the best links for learning about Campaign creating I would be thankfull.
I read something about a simple addon to look at it but i`m searching for it since hours - cant find it again.
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Welcome :). For the links, you can starting with clicking to Create at the top of forum's pages ;). That wiki page has quite a lot of links to pages which contain the needed informations. If you need some help (with coding) then, feel free to ask in WML Workshop section.
For the add-on, you can get it from in-game. Click Add-ons in main menu and in the window which will appear Connect. Then type "a simple campaign" which will find you an add-on called "Campaign-How-To (A Simple Campaign)" and click OK. The game will download it for you into userdata/data/add-ons folder. Where it is located, depends on your operation system. Check this wiki page to see where it is for you. Alternatively, you can download it from here.
Hope it helps :).
Masterchief40k

Post by Masterchief40k »

Great!
Thats what I was searching for Thanks.
Seems I`ve got a lot to do now. Cya then...