Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lipk

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by lipk »

FreeNode is an IRC network. You can connect to it via a dedicated IRC client or http://webchat.freenode.net/. The #wesnoth-dev channel is public, you can instantly join in there. A thing to keep in mind though is that a lot of people are just being logged into IRC while not being physically in front of the computer, so you might have to wait for an answer.

Lua is a damn simple language, with some programming experience it won't take more than a few hours to get comfortable with it.
jieverson

Post by jieverson »

Thanks for the context, lipk!
Keither

Post by Keither »

Hello guys!
Im Keither, play in wesnoth year>.May be u saw me in official server :D
From Russia, us forum not have now active users... :(
See ya an off. server :)
ЯUSSIA FOREVER!!!!
yaxinhoo

Post by yaxinhoo »

i'm free worker now. seeking job some days after. intersted in ogre & wesnoth ios/android. hope i can port the game to ogre iphone on the future.
manic_mouse

Post by manic_mouse »

Hey I'm manic_mouse (or somtimes sword_fox) on the offical server. I've been playing BfW for years now, I'm big fan of this game. Is there an official league that I can sign up for? If there isnt one, would anyone like to PM me [manic_mouse] for matches online? as much as i love this game, the player pool isnt huge and finding matches is frustrating sometimes.

~Love, Mouse
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Welcome Manic Mouse! There is an unofficial Wesnoth ladder and ladder site, and it is not technically affiliated with the actual Wesnoth project. However, it is the one that most forum members use. http://wesnoth.gamingladder.info/ is the site, I believe.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
zacwarlord

Post by zacwarlord »

Hi I play as zacwarlord and I have for the last four years. I recently started playing a lot again so some of you might have seen or played me. I normally play 1 vs 1 match's and used to play ladder. If someone could teach me how to play Knalgan Alliance that would be great!
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

Hello everyone, I am Drakilian, and I have been playing wesnoth for about 4 years, however i recently decided to join the forum.
Sanae_Kotiya

Post by Sanae_Kotiya »

Hi there! I've been playing for several years now off and on (under a variety of nicks), and occasionally visited the forums, but now I've finally signed up and thought I'd deliver my greetings.
DranKof

Post by DranKof »

WOW, so I guess I haven't been playing for as many years as everyone above :P but, yeah, at least 2.5 years, and after making a bunch of add-ons with my friend, I finally decided to make a forum account to talk about the first one I've published (Soul Crystals: Leader Revival) (*cough shameless plug*). I like programming, scripting, arting (not a real word, I know), and just about everything Wesnoth lets me do. I absolutely LOVE what's been happening update-wise with modability branching and updated AI's (1.11 branch) and am VERY pleased that I can finally do all sorts of modding things that I've wanted to do now, for ages! I look forward to spending more time on these forums!
Cindyandthecat

Post by Cindyandthecat »

Good morning All,
I'm Cindy and I've found and gotten into this forum to increase my knowledge of Battle for Wesnoth. The OS on my computer died and rather then putting a version of Windows back on it, my son and husband conspired and loaded Ubuntu in here. I wouldn't mind but I enjoy games and none of my game will run on this OS. I have seen that, theoretically, Battle for Wesnoth is free and will run on Ubuntu. Is this true? I tried to load it from a web site and it talked about wanting an authorization code. Where will I find this particular code? I would love to be able to run it and check it out but I'm stuck.
Thank you for any info you may be able to send my way.
lipk

Post by lipk »

You don't install software on Ubuntu like that. Open up the Software Center, look up Wesnoth and click "Install".

Welcome, by the way.
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Cindyandthecat wrote:my son and husband conspired and loaded Ubuntu in here.
Good... very good... local conspiracies will bring down the tyranny of Microsoft!
Welcome to the forums :geek:
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
dimovski

Post by dimovski »

Hello guys!
I ve been pretty long into Wesnoth, from somewhere like 0.3.5 (thats when I got it installed from an Enter magazine DVD)...
Well I took a break, only 1-3 years, nothing special :whistle:
Now I installed it again...love the animations :) Love the semi-cinematics...Im not really terribly satisfied with the hit-rates...maybe Im using to many Lancers tho :lol2:
So, Ive seen that there are some threads in the feedback sections where there are posts from like 4-5 months...would it be necroposting if Id give my feedback there, were those abandoned, or what happened?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

dimovski wrote:So, Ive seen that there are some threads in the feedback sections where there are posts from like 4-5 months...would it be necroposting if Id give my feedback there, were those abandoned, or what happened?
All topics in the Mainline Campaign Feedback and Add-on Feedback sections can be resurrected by anyone at any time as needed to post new feedback.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.