Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BTIsaac

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by BTIsaac »

So...
I've been wondering wheter or not I should use my regular name considering I might have developed a bit of a reputation on the internet.
But hey. I'm here to participate in game discussion here. I'm more of a casual scrub than anything else, although I write stuff and I also tend to draw stuff, and I do have a bit of programming experience, but not much. Also, my current computer is a potato, and the only device I have for playing wesnoth is a tablet, so I don't think I could offer any valuable assitence to the project any time soon. Although that might change.

In the meantime, I'd like to participate in the discussions and offer any input I could.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

BTIsaac wrote:So...
I've been wondering wheter or not I should use my regular name considering I might have developed a bit of a reputation on the internet.
But hey. I'm here to participate in game discussion here. I'm more of a casual scrub than anything else, although I write stuff and I also tend to draw stuff, and I do have a bit of programming experience, but not much. Also, my current computer is a potato, and the only device I have for playing wesnoth is a tablet, so I don't think I could offer any valuable assitence to the project any time soon. Although that might change.

In the meantime, I'd like to participate in the discussions and offer any input I could.
Well, Wesnoth is always looking for people willing to contribute, if/when you're able in the future. In the mean time, welcome to the forums :)
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Thanks. I do have a DeviantArt account that I opened years ago to post stuff, but I mostly use it for movie reviews these days. The main reason why I don't post any drawings is because my main computer has no internet or scanner, my work computer has both, but no photoshop (and I doubt it could handle it, because like I said, it's a potato), my secondary computer that has internet and photoshop is decommissioned and I'm mostly stuck with a tablet. So until I get a computer that does all of these, I won't be able to do much work.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Hmmmm, hullo everyone! I first found The battle for Wesnoth a few years ago when I decided to try out Linux and found these wonderful game repositories. A few months ago, after a long hiatus, I decided to start playing again. Last month I finally decided it would be worth it to upgrade from BfW 1.10.7 to 1.12.6 (manually, because the repository is still stuck at 1.10.7). So now I'm rediscovering the world of Wesnoth Irdya and how the mods have changed over the years (some of them had unfinished storylines and missing scenarios back when I first downloaded them).

Anyway… I suppose you might expect me to contribute.
While my programming skills are non-existent as of yet, and my Inkscape and GIMP are suffering from years of neglect, I can say that I am a reasonably good translator/corrector/editor IRL so if anyone wants to ask for proofreading, corrections, etc. then by all means go ahead.
I also have been an almost unnervingly thorough playtester at times. <--I hope this really isn't damning.

Well, that's it, I think. Hi everyone, again.

Now to find a way to have a custom avatar…
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Ah, there we go, I have an avatar. In case anybody's wondering, yes, the username and avatar do come from the manga by Sorachi Hideaki featuring Sataka Kintoki, but I do not consider anime to be the only valid art form in the world.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Welcome to the forums :)

For future reference though, please edit your posts rather than double posting.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Thanks for the welcome!

I'll try not to double-post :doh: ; I'm used to forums that ‘lock in’ the posts after some time or where it's simply not allowed to edit posts.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Welcome - it is good to have someone willing to do story/dialogue work or play testing for their people’s add-ons. Often the ideas are not what is in short supply, but the actual refinement of existing content.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Yes, it's also a matter of having response. For other games I have a lot of partially-finished mods and scenarios and maps which never got much response except people who quietly downloaded a copy and did nothing else, so after a time I stopped making something to have no feedback or discussion whatsoever, which are usually one of the best sources for new ideas.

So, yes, if anybody wants anything just drop me a line.
OraCLesofFire

Post by OraCLesofFire »

Hello,

My name is OraCLesofFire, but I also go by Baby Altaria.

Wesnoth was the very first video game I ever played, around 8-10 years ago (I think) when my father would come home from work, I'd get on his laptop and load up this game. Recently I ended up downloading it again, and played through some of the main campaigns and noticed that there really is only a singular campaign focusing on Orc lore. As I rather enjoy the orcish faction, I decided that it would be a cool idea to design a campaign around them. I'm doing it mostly for myself, so I'm not too interested in putting much about it to the community here, although I may ask for some playtesting support if I do choose to release it to the public.

Anyways, I don't want to go to much into detail about campaign design here. It's up for grabs whether I will spend much time on the forum, but I'll try to keep my head up for any news!

As for who I am
- I'm 20 years old
- I spent a year and a half studying computer science and being a competitive athlete at the University of Minnesota, before deciding to take a break from athletics and change my field of study.
- I am currently studying Actuarial Science at a local (and much cheaper) college.
- Video game wise I'm a big fan of Dota 2 (hit me up if any of you are into that kind of thing) and I've played the pokemon series since gen 1 and have always had a place for it in my heart!

Have a nice day y'all
Never stop humming
kaisla

Post by kaisla »

Hey peoples!

I remember first playing Wesnoth as a kid, and been playing on and off ever since. Never really wandered to the forums, though, except for some occasional information about campaigns I was playing. I now work as a 3D artist in a game studio, and I might be interested in contributing some art to Wesnoth someday to hone up my rusty 2D skills a bit. :–) Need to figure out first how exactly that works though! That's what the forums are for I guess.

Glad to be here :d
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Welcome!

Regarding contributing, I'd recommend reading through the stickied threads in the Art Contributions forum.
loophoc

Post by loophoc »

Hi there,

Even if these forums are new to me (and me to those) i've been playing wesnoth (campaigns only, since i'm not fan of competition nor mmos - and shame on me, never played any addon) since more or less 10 years (since my second Linux installation, iirc) with a few interruptions... can't stay away, so i'm back.

English not being my native language, you may notice a few typos while reading my prose :whistle:

I like litteracy and other arts, especially typography. I could probaby help if improving wesnoth's french translation is needed (i've only played the english version so far).

Last but not least, i'd like to thank the wesnothian community for all the good work that has been done since so many years \o/

Cordially yours !
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Hello :)

The French translation is mostly complete for 1.12, though it looks like there's a decent amount of work to be done for 1.13. I'm not very knowledgeable about what all goes into Wesnoth's translation work, but there is the Translations & Internationalization forum as well as Wesnoth's IRC where you could ask for more information.
loophoc

Post by loophoc »

Thanks for the welcome and the tips ! I'll have a journey in these woods tomorrow :)