Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gweddeoran

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Gweddeoran »

After quite a few posts I found this topic so yeah I am introducing myself.
Name: Divit
Hobbies: Wesnoth, Music, Legend of Zelda

I made my own camapign on a fencer, a rarely used campaign unit. I have been playing Wesnoth for 3 years with Wesbreaks in between but I always come back to playing this great game. See you in the forums!

P.S check out my campaign(link in my signature)
shadow12

Post by shadow12 »

gweddeoran wrote:After quite a few posts I found this topic so yeah I am introducing myself.
Name: Divit
Hobbies: Wesnoth, Music, Legend of Zelda

I made my own camapign on a fencer, a rarely used campaign unit. I have been playing Wesnoth for 3 years with Wesbreaks in between but I always come back to playing this great game. See you in the forums!

P.S check out my campaign(link in my signature)
Thank you gweddeoran, I will give your campaign a go. :)
Sometimes life unexpectedly throws a Troll or a nasty Queen Naga in your path.
Prothumos

Post by Prothumos »

Well, I am new to the game and forums. I have a long standing affinity for strategy games, community, and fantasy.

To be honest, I am surprised I didn't stumble upon this game earlier. I look forward to meeting everyone and having a great time!
fubar

Post by fubar »

Hi everybody
I am new to the forum. I have played this game during my undergraduate days. Now I feel like contributing to the game as a developer or a graphic artist,etc. after watching The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Edition :D .
Name: Fubar

I will wade through the forum for necessary inputs. Till then
Cheers,
The one ring to rule them all :twisted:
Caladbolg

Post by Caladbolg »

Hello people, I am Caladbolg. When I started playing Wesnoth, Elves had cold attacks, Mages wore blue robes and Dark Adepts were cute little purple things with green shoes ^^ (according to Wesnoth unit tree database, that was around version 1.0 :shock: ). So, after a very long lurking period, I've finally decided to join the forums. When I have time I'll try to provide some feedback on the mainline campaigns and maybe other miscellaneous stuff. By the way, if I were to give any sort of feedback, should it be based on version 1.12 (as it is the latest stable version) or on 1.13 (as it is the development version)?

Thanks for a great game and I hope you'll continue with the good work :)
Gyra_Solune

Post by Gyra_Solune »

Well, I've been here for a bit, but hello! I've been playing this game for a few months, after being introduced by some Skype people, and have been doing my best to contribute! I made a silly MP faction out of all the guys not already in an MP faction and am now working on slowly and steadily spriting for various things. Hope to do neat things for the future of this neat game!
IywIYchI

Post by IywIYchI »

Hi everyone!

I am IywIYchI, college student in NY. I've been hooked on this game since one of my friends introduced it to me about 5 years ago. My favorite Wesnoth sound is Undead leaders making units, my favorite unit portrait is Sylph, and my favorite sprite is Elvish Champion. My favorite campaign is the add-on Legend of the Invincibles by Dugi, and I've recently begun work on a Let's Play for it over in Strategies & Tips, if you guys want to check it out. I play campaigns a lot so hopefully I'll find some time to give some feedback on them to make the game better. Nice meeting you all!
Macrossfard

Post by Macrossfard »

Hi all.. been playing for a while.. new to the forum.. from Paraguay! :D :shock:
danlisa

Post by danlisa »

Development Team wrote:Hello, and welcome to the Battle for Wesnoth forums!

If you want to introduce yourself, this is the thread to do it!
Hi everyone. I've been a long time player but completely new to forums. Just wanted to see what kind of people are playing this awesome game. Anyone out there interested in sharing,discussing the game and all it's magnificent details let me know. Thanks.

For the meantime, I will be looking through the forum for tips and the do's and dont's. :D
icepick37

Post by icepick37 »

Hello all. It is crazy to think this topic has been around for ten years. Makes all this seem so much more venerable. I have played off and on for some time, but am trying to make good on my intentions to contribute to open source projects more. This is an open source project I love, so here I am.

I am a 31 year old family man (wife and 3 amazing kids) who is currently working on a master's in manufacturing. I used to work for Wahoo Studios, so you could call me a games industry veteran, heh. I am currently working in web development to pay the bills. Don't love it, but it keeps bread on the table, and it's a very chill job with lots of flexibility for my schooling. Here's hoping I can make a real contribution to the community and code base. And if I can ever learn to properly art, maybe I'll do that, too.
Picklestyle

Post by Picklestyle »

Well.. I played wesnoth since I was little (19 now) Made this new account since I have forgotten my old account.

My name is Picklestyle aka Vladi aka a longtime wesnoth fan.

I remember first playing this game back in 2008 or 09 and fell inlove with the stories that this game had to offer. I always come back to this game since it keeps involving because of the awesome community.

Best mainline campaigns for me are : Heir to the Throne ( First campaign - first love ), Descent into Darkness ( For me , Malin was a mirror of myself and my feelings as a teenager)

Best UMC - Invasion from unknown & after the storm hands down. Beautiful and well done, so hyped about the sequal that I heard from shadowm!!
Hadriex

Post by Hadriex »

I'm Hadriex, I make videos and put them on Youtube.

Played the game off and on over the years. Just picked up the new version, and very quickly remembered why I love this game.
Athurock

Newbies say hi

Post by Athurock »

You guys, I've been playing for a while against the ai, already played 2 games online (won both), and just registered here on the forum.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

well, i am not as new, but still, why not introduce! let's start: BfW is actually the first game i ever played (by the time it was 1.8 methinks) my favorite thing about it, isn't the gameplay itself (but it's still pretty darn good) but the easy, understandable coding language. i joined the forums in 2014 (by the time i published my first addon- Tale of Alan) while became active here in 2015-2016 so here are a few more things:
My addons:
Favorite UMCs:
PoignardAzur

Post by PoignardAzur »

Hello everyone, I'm PoignardAzur.

I'm a 20 years old french programming student at Epitech. I like coding in C++, watching high quality cartoons like The Last Airbender, superhero stories, and narrative-driven video games. I discovered Wesnoth when I complained about a friend of mine about how all open-source games I'd played where mediocre, and he redirected me here.

I have played the first five campaigns so far, and I intend to keep playing them all. I really like this game as a whole, and I'd really like to help its development however I can. I've read the 'EasyCoding' page and the C++ guidelines, among others, and I think I qualify as a highly competent C++ programmer. While I have my own ideas for improving the game, I don't have any experience participating to a FLOSS game, and I'd like some advice on where I should start before going off and trying to do my own thing. Is the EasyCoding page up to date? Is there a code contributoions guide? Should I go to a core developer for advice, and if so, who?

My thanks to anyone who'd answer my many questions.