Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

XavierNovella
Translator

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by XavierNovella »

Hi all!
My name is Xavi, a.k.a XavierNovella. I have been translating and proofreading for the spanish translation team for a time now.
I finally created my account in the forums and say HI! to everyone! :)

PD. Steven! If you see this, you will be happy. ;)

Happy playing and happy tranlsating!
kiryo9

Post by kiryo9 »

Hi, I am kiryo9
I have played wesnoth for some time but I just made this account yesterday
Lord_Kata

Post by Lord_Kata »

Hello, I am Lord Kata. (Or Kata89) I have been playing the game, and making my own units, playing around with the code and art and decided to join community and hopefully contribute something that might be implemented into the game! I mainly do artwork, but I do play around with code.

My interests are roller coasters, music and programming/art.
Lord Kata

Coder, Roller coaster enthusiast, king of the world...
I'm looking to hire artists for my campaign. If interested, please PM me.
HoracE

Post by HoracE »

Hi I'm HoracE, from England - not much to say other than I have played a few times now and can't win!! really difficult but great fun. Thanks
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

Hi all (: I've been participating under the nickname of NoQ in several open-source game projects (mostly addicted to warzone 2100) and i avoided getting into wesnoth for quite some time, remembering some negative experience with other tactical games in the past (the idea sounded nice but a little bit boring compared to rts games). Well, i must admit i was wrong.

Wesnoth is fantastically well-designed, all game mechanics make perfect sense and harmony. Wesnoth has amazing artwork, i can't help saying there's a lot of love put in every pixel of the game, and even storylines, that some may call simple and naive, are of great fun for me; you can't buy this sort of a game for any money, especially nowadays when the computer amazement is long forgotten and commercial pop art has consumed everything in this field as well. The art should be free, "as in beer" as well, only then it is for real. And, on top of that, we're having a balanced multiplayer mode. Simply amazing (:
The Flight of Drakes, Only Death Behind, ??? (not yet sure how the third part will be called).
RLennon

Post by RLennon »

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rob Lennon, and I happened to stumble upon this game just the other day. I had just purchased Legends of Grimrock, and have been playing with my boys (11 and 6 years old). It's a nice game, but it was missing something that I couldn't put my finger on.

BfW is, by far, the BEST game I have played...and I have only played two scenarios so far, LOL!!! I can't wait to dive, head first, into this game and experience all that there is. Thanks to the developers and support cast for making such and incredible game.

Rob Lennon
Trilarion

Post by Trilarion »

Just wanted to say hi and a big thanks to the developers. BfW is the greatest open source strategy game out there. I hope development will continue for a long time.

I am a strategy games fan from central germany and hobby games programmer.
Abacus

Post by Abacus »

I agree with Trilarion--I've been playing for 6-7 years and love the game. Was moved to log on by the latest iOS version--just wanted to come on and say it's great, Wesnoth is great, and the people working on this project are great! Thanks to all.
mythbuilder

Post by mythbuilder »

Hello everyone!
I go by the name mythbuilder. I discovered The Battle for Wesnoth through the Lich page on Wikipedia (oddly enough). I was quite impressed by the game and the content others have made for it. This game reminds me a lot of the Fire Emblem, Ogre Battle, Shining Force and the Heroes of Might and Magic series which are all games that I'm quite fond of. Someday, I plan to get a campaign of my own running, but learning WML will be a challenge and I hope I can get the help I need in these forums.

Thanks,
mythbuilder
masterbilly7

Post by masterbilly7 »

Hello, I'm Billy. I discovered BfW while watching '5 Open Source Games that Don't Suck' on Youtube. I believe Bfw was ranked #1. I'm a newbie (I'm only on the first campaign), but I hope to get better as I play (and I will play a lot). :D
I don't know what to put here, and I don't care.
Cyberodin

Post by Cyberodin »

i am from Chile and I really enjoyed this game to because I am born strategist * - * and when I found this game kept playing and that's why I joined this forum porciacaso this is translated by google translator because I do not drive much the English :cry:
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Welcome to the forums!
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Brook

Post by Brook »

Just rediscovered the game having not played it in over 2 years (last post has it around May 26th 2010 :oops: ). Figured I'd give another hullo to everyone ^_^ . It seems I have version 1.8 so I gotta dig around a little and see about updating my game and also about some maps I created way back when.
My heart is bursting with excitement...even though I don't have a heart

Easy Listening
Under Construction: A Divided Land/Half-Moon Ridge/A Heckuva Time
Marche

Post by Marche »

I got BfW a couple years back and loved it, but then it stopped working until I got a newer computer. I just love this; easily my favourite strategy game. I've still got to get a hang of all the ins/outs of each faction, and then anything that follows that, but I can't see anything from stopping me. My university exams sure didn't.
Shut up! I'm not tough; I'm not strong!

You shouldn't hold back so much. Always thinking with your head--denying what you want!
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Hello Marche! We talked on IRC the other day :D
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra