Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

thehelper

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by thehelper »

The Battle for Wesnoth Rocks! I have started my own Blog about the game on my website

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthr ... -Map-Guide

and since I play Wesnoth all the time I will be updating it all the time. I am trying to make a new users guide to the game. One that includes recommendations or ratings for maps so people know what they are downloading and playing.

An easy way to find some good maps that shows up in the search engines :)

I finally made a forum account! F%ck Yeah!
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Welcome to the forums! Good to see people taking such an interest in Wesnoth! It's great when websites advertise for this game so the name gets out there more! Good to see that you are taking an interest in it!
Nyuu

Post by Nyuu »

Hello! I've been playing multiplayer with some friends on and off for a few years now; I'm presently interested in finding more people to play against!
Radh

Post by Radh »

Nyuu wrote:Hello! I've been playing multiplayer with some friends on and off for a few years now; I'm presently interested in finding more people to play against!
Hey Nyuu! Welcome to the forums. Do you know about the ladder?http://wesnoth.gamingladder.info/ It's a great place to find new opponents and make friends!
friTTe

Post by friTTe »

Hi everyone, also brand new =)
will probably ang around in here a lot, always nice to meed new people.

Im 30yrs old from Sweden, unemployed atm so got time to dive in to a new game hehe.

Suck at writing about myself, but will see you guys around :)
beaver

Post by beaver »

hello, i am come form china. you can visit http://www.wesnoth.cn/ and found China's players. :)
Beren_IV

Post by Beren_IV »

'Allo.

I am new to this forum, although hardly new to Wesnoth - I think I remember the days before 1.0. I joined the forum because I am interested in adapting some specific ideas I have for scenarios and campaigns and I would like some direction of how/what resources I can get my hands on to help me with them.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

1) Click he big Create button at the top of the page to access the wiki. Bookmark it: it is now your best friend. And don't mind it saying it's out-dated, it's really not that bad, if at all.

2) Download A Simple Campaign from the add-ons server. It is a good tutorial/exemple to get the basics of WML.

3) If you have questions, you can ask in WML Workshop. A search first goes a long way though: chances are your question was already asked and answered.

Good luck :)
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
Oflameo

Post by Oflameo »

Hello, I am Oflameo. I have been a Linux user for nearly three years and the Battle for Wesnoth is my favorite multiplayer game I could find in my repository. I wish to cultivate the growth of Free Open Source games such as Wesnoth.
Inteliteknia

Post by Inteliteknia »

Just back after 2 years.
Lost my 2 first games trying to understand the new mode
nice version!
lordnorbert

Post by lordnorbert »

Bonjour, Hello, Hola

I come from Marseille. I played since at BOW since 2009.

keep in touch
Primum vivere deinde philosophare
Alexian

Post by Alexian »

Hello everyone, im Alexian, I live in Barcelona.
I've been playing Wesnoth for a couple weeks and I love it. I played other turn based games in my life (ogre battles, fire emblems, final fantasy tactics, Dissidia,total war..) but I think this one is the most well designed!
I blame myself for not knowing its existence before. I finished some campaings and im already playing on multiplayer (mostly losing 3/4 of my games :P)
Id like to know if there are such things like guilds/clans in wesnoth for multiplayers and meet new people to play and learn more.
If one man kills another, he is a murderer.
If one man kills ten men, he is a monster.
If one man kills 100 men, he is a hero...
If one man kills 1000, he is a conqueror.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Alexian wrote: Id like to know if there are such things like guilds/clans in wesnoth for multiplayers and meet new people to play and learn more.
Not that I knew of. However, there is a thing called Ladder of Wesnoth which is a competitive ranking list for Wesnoth players. There you'll find nice opponents etc. ;)
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
anonamouse

Post by anonamouse »

Hi I'm anonamouse. I found this game back in 2008/2009 and It is great. I like making addons for this game.
I have not upploaded any addons yet though. i sometimes am on the multiplayer server but not often becuase my power goes
out randomly during the day.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Alexian wrote: Id like to know if there are such things like guilds/clans in wesnoth for multiplayers and meet new people to play and learn more.
People have tried, but the speed of Wesnoth gameplay doesn't really lend itself to that level of competitiveness. The length of most MP games doesn't help either.
Also the fact that only a few members of a clan would be able to play in any given match doesn't help with team-building.