[Request]Reduce RNG influence

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bigkahuna

Re: [Request]Reduce RNG influence

Post by bigkahuna »

EDIT: Apologies... I got the wrong idea from the responses in all of the usual threads.
Last edited by bigkahuna on December 28th, 2010, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Bigkahuna and other smart alecs - Let me direct you to this developer-approved thread where you can more easily come to understand the philosophy of this forum (Experimental Corner) and why it was uncouth to direct users to the DIY Luck Complaint thread. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=29560
StevenAus

Post by StevenAus »

It's just because the effect of bad luck is much more than the effect of good luck. Good luck can see your unit gain a few levels. Bad luck can wipe that unit from existence. But a decent play of wesnoth-XP proves that you don't always get bad luck. I currently use Sauron's mod with RNG smoothing of 3 (and no damage split ratio) - so an attack can do 0, 1/3, 2/3, or 3/3 (standard full damage). On some playthroughs enemies only got minimal damage against my loss condition hero a few times in a row, resulting in my loss condition hero not dying and my living to fight another day. :-)

Best regards,
Steven.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment Is My Name And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.