WSRSW (voting on scenarios and campaigns)

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

norbert

Re: WSRSW (voting on scenarios and campaigns)

Post by norbert »

norbert wrote:I'll put fixing this on my TODO list.
- That era parse bug is now fixed. There are still some "Unknown" eras out there, but no more will be added.
- Changed "favorited" to "favored" everywhere.
- If users are logged in, the search values they selected will be remembered until the browser is closed.
- Made the "Most used leaders" percentages more accurate for some scenarios, by checking the p<x>_controller values.
- I created a "Bot Policy Draft", because wesirc is now working. Someone else will create the real policy document. As soon as it's available, I will request permission to add a wesirc WSRSW bot on the official 1.8 server. (It will allow users to request information from, and add information to, the WSRSW website.)
- Added comment "Preview" buttons to the add-on pages.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

could u tell me how to make a "whole map screenshot" ?
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

Whenever I see "WSRSW" I think "Warsaw." :)
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
norbert

Post by norbert »

Rigor wrote:could u tell me how to make a "whole map screenshot" ?
Sure. Preferences->General->Hotkeys has "Map Screenshot" and "Screenshot".
The whole map is the former: select it and press "Change Hotkey".
Then just press the hotkey you picked during game play.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

this isn't really a bug, but mnewton made the era colored green in the selection menu, which made the name @ageless instead of just ageless, so your site shows it as 2 separate eras.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
norbert

Post by norbert »

Pentarctagon wrote:made the name @ageless instead of just ageless, so your site shows it as 2 separate eras
Thanks for the information, you're right.
I've checked ageless_era.cfg and it seems the id's have changed as well.
(ageless_era & Ageless Era -> Ageless Era & @Ageless Era; ageless_heros & Ageless Heros -> Ageless Heroes & @Ageless Heroes; AE_RPG_Era & Ageless RPG Era -> Ageless RPG Era & @Ageless RPG Era)
I've made some code changes and the pages now show the sum of the new and old versions.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

two things this time :P
a bug: instead of Default Era being called that or just Default, its called era_default, whereas Age of Heroes is actually called Age of Heroes.
edit: I looked through a few others, and it seems to only be happening to mine :hmm: .

feature request: It would be nice to be able to search users by name instead of/in addition to the drop-down list, since I find that I often scroll down to far and then have to slowly scroll back up in order to make sure I don't skip the name again.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
norbert

Post by norbert »

Pentarctagon wrote:its called era_default [...] seems to only be happening to mine
That's a deliberate choice. :) Some replays, like this one of your UnholyEntrance, have no [era] section with a name field, but they do have a [multiplayer] section with a mp_era (id) field. Thus the page's code (see the TopFive function) groups and then counts all the ids, and displays the ids unless their names are known. The ids are only displayed sporadically.
Pentarctagon wrote:search users by name
You can TAB to or click that drop-down list and simply type in the author's name. This works in Opera (needs an extra click on the name) and in Firefox. I don't have Windows or Mac machines, so I can only assume that this works in browsers for those operating systems as well. Also, maybe practice your scrolling techniques? :lol2:
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

The search page should be using method="get" and $_GET rather than $_POST.

Otherwise, when users hit the 'back' button to return to the search results, some browsers will pop up annoying warnings that they are resubmitting a form.

http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/whenToUseGet.html
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
norbert

Post by norbert »

Sapient wrote:method="get" and $_GET rather than $_POST
I've made the changes you suggested.
I'm usually not too fond of using GET, but I guess it makes sense here.
MCP

Post by MCP »

Hi one thing I would have liked to see:
Longer comments allowed.

Otherwise, thank you.
Tshemmp

Post by Tshemmp »

Yeah, longer comments would be nice.
And on index site: on top you can read for example "Jul 12: added 5 scenarios". Could you make a link there to these new scenarios?
But great job!
Theoretically there is no difference between theory and practice. Practically there is.
norbert

Post by norbert »

Tshemmp wrote:Could you make a link there to these new scenarios?
I've just added an overview of the most recently added scenarios/campaigns that is being automatically updated. Currently listed on top are Valley of the Ancients, 7p - Northwest Port, Dark Castle RPG (story mod), 2p - Little Lake, and 2p - Blacksmoke Crater.
norbert

Post by norbert »

Does anyone, by any chance, have any (JavaScript) code laying around that will show a 'please wait' message while a (dynamic) HTML page loads, and shows the page only after everything is loaded? Some of the add-on pages show only the first table for quite some time while the statistics are being calculated, and I believe this should be changed because it looks ugly. I tried looking for usable code via Google, but the things I could find were - as far as I could tell - overly complicated (many dozens of lines), and/or the code was barely readable.
norbert

Post by norbert »

Hi all,

This is my last post on this forum, because I've decided to leave. Over the last couple of months it has become clear that I cannot get along (well) with some of the moderators/developers. It's better for all of us if I leave. I wish all of you the best, including the people I've had arguments with. No hard feelings. I'll keep working on the WSRSW website and will continue to help out Daravel with his project. I can be contacted via info@WSRSW.org.

Best regards,
Norbert