Statistics

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

CountPenguin

Statistics

Post by CountPenguin »

I get what the top section of the statistics window says, but what does the damage section mean? I'll probably look like an idiot after this is answered :P
CountPenguin

Currently working on Siege of Soradoc. Except not anymore, but you can take over if you want!
TheHouseJackBuilt

Re: Statistics

Post by TheHouseJackBuilt »

CountPenguin wrote:I get what the top section of the statistics window says, but what does the damage section mean? I'll probably look like an idiot after this is answered :P

Damage
Inflicted X/Y Z%

X is the damage the player's units have caused to enemies.
Y is the damage the player's units would have done to enemies if every one of his units that attacked did as much damage as it statistically should (usually its impossible to have that). Its a bit confusing but i dont know how to phrase it better.

Z is the difference in percentage between the damage that statistically should have been inflicted on the enemy and the damage that was actually inflicted.

Taken is the same thing but it counts the damage that the player's units suffered from enemy attacks.

The higher your Z is for damage inflicted the luckier your units were hitting the enemy with their attacks. If its negative then they were unlucky.
The higher your Z is for damage taken the luckier enemy units were hitting your units with their attacks. If its negative then they were unlucky.
Last edited by TheHouseJackBuilt on April 3rd, 2010, 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Maybe replace a few of those pronouns.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
CountPenguin

Post by CountPenguin »

so Y is not the maximum damage possible, but is how much is most statistically probable? so if you had a 10-1 attack with a 60% chance to hit, Y would be 6?
CountPenguin

Currently working on Siege of Soradoc. Except not anymore, but you can take over if you want!
IPS

Post by IPS »

Y means the dammage what you should took/inflict.
X means the dammage what you had took/inflict.

The others things was clarified by TheHouseJackBuilt.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
TheHouseJackBuilt

Post by TheHouseJackBuilt »

CountPenguin wrote:so if you had a 10-1 attack with a 60% chance to hit, Y would be 6?
yes