iPad version support/feedback thread

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Re: iPad version support/feedback thread

Post by Iris »

It’s WML, but no, no-one has made such a thing. There are multiple issues involved (scenario WML compatibility, possible changes in scenario structure or code since the previous release) so it’d be a huge undertaking of its own.

wmllint is used to forward-port WML add-ons to new versions of Wesnoth and it isn’t perfect.

Regardless, if you want to discuss this idea further, I advise that you start a new topic in Ideas instead to leave this thread clear for on-topic posts.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Adams-Immersive

Post by Adams-Immersive »

Iggloo wrote:That said, I have one question: how can I get the iPad keyboard to come up when I attempt to save, so that I can rename my saves as I see fit? I have been able to accomplish it here and there by madly slashing at the screen, but am not quite sure how I am doing it, and often cannot replicate my actions which leads to frustration.
Thanks for the game!

I too am wondering how to bring up the iPad keyboard. I only got it to happen once, from seemingly random tapping around the text field.

It’s not for Saves so much as for my server name and password (for private games with a remote friend). I cannot create a password without the keyboard, nor can I name the server to warn people away. I’m not even sure I can kick people (I might have to quit and re-launch if the wrong person joins), but either way, it’s anti-social behavior! But I have no choice, if I can’t get the keyboard up.

What’s the trick? :)

Also: how can I set my username on the iPad to match this forum account I just created? I don’t see a way to change that once set. (It’s currently some password-less name.)

Thanks in advance!
ltran96

Post by ltran96 »

Great game, love it, but can we please get an update with multitasking and new campaigns? would be much appreciated, thanks, love your work :D
ltran96

Post by ltran96 »

also, there's a glitch that after the cpu's turn, it'll be like I double tapped a bunch of times and the "next turn" dialog box will pop up a bunch of times.
sfcrodman

Post by sfcrodman »

shadowmaster wrote:It’s WML, but no, no-one has made such a thing. There are multiple issues involved (scenario WML compatibility, possible changes in scenario structure or code since the previous release) so it’d be a huge undertaking of its own.

wmllint is used to forward-port WML add-ons to new versions of Wesnoth and it isn’t perfect.

Regardless, if you want to discuss this idea further, I advise that you start a new topic in Ideas instead to leave this thread clear for on-topic posts.
After 5 to 10 min of game playing the hole screen freezes up on my iPad. I am running firmware 4.3.2. At that time I have to go back to the main app screen and start the game all over again. At least the auto saver puts me back at the time it freezes. I have many games on my iPad and this is the only one that does this. My iPad still has about 15 gigs of free space. What can the problem be?
Thanks,
Ed
Zorba

Post by Zorba »

sfcrodman wrote:
After 5 to 10 min of game playing the hole screen freezes up on my iPad. I am running firmware 4.3.2. At that time I have to go back to the main app screen and start the game all over again. At least the auto saver puts me back at the time it freezes. I have many games on my iPad and this is the only one that does this. My iPad still has about 15 gigs of free space. What can the problem be?
Thanks,
Ed
Hi there.

I have exactly the same problem. I bought the game yesterday so it's the last version 1.5.
I'm playing the tutorial (I'm only in the second mission) and I'm always getting the issue.

My iPad has firmware 4.3.2 with 600MB of free storage.
Xerxesthedestroyer

Post by Xerxesthedestroyer »

On the PC version of this game, I really like the damage calculations screen when combating an enemy. Is there any way to view this screen in the iPad version? So far, if there's any way to see it, I haven't found out how, and I really miss it when playing on the iPad.
deanishe

Post by deanishe »

Adams-Immersive wrote:
Iggloo wrote:That said, I have one question: how can I get the iPad keyboard to come up when I attempt to save, so that I can rename my saves as I see fit? I have been able to accomplish it here and there by madly slashing at the screen, but am not quite sure how I am doing it, and often cannot replicate my actions which leads to frustration.
Thanks for the game!

I too am wondering how to bring up the iPad keyboard. I only got it to happen once, from seemingly random tapping around the text field.
I'm having the same problem renaming my units. Keyboard came up the first time, but I had to tap the keyboard's hide button to reach the OK button on the dialog, and I couldn't get the keyboard back again.

I could move the cursor around in the text field, but the keyboard would not appear :(

Using the latest version of Wesnoth and iOS (as of 28/9/11).