iPad version support/feedback thread

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

NuclearWorm

Re: Wesnoth for iPad

Post by NuclearWorm »

kenlong69 wrote:Hi all,

So it looks like the error on the Sceptre of Fire scenario is a show stopper.

I used debug mode, in the PC version of wesnoth, to skip to the next scenario (A Choice Must Be Made), then sync'd the auto save games with my Ipad and tried to load them.

I get an error - Game map cannot be loaded - illegal character found in map.

I also get a different error with another auto-save: The Game could not be loaded: Map not found.

Any help would be REALLY appreciated, I would LOVE to continue this game on the iPad.

Cheers,
Ken
I'm having same problem. I explored the whole map and there is no sceptre of fire anywhere.
Slimster

Re: iPad version support/feedback thread

Post by Slimster »

Hi,
I can't get the scenario "Linaera the Quick" to end. I killed the enemy leader on turn 18 and it just continues to turn 25 where it says I have been defeated..
I'm on my iPad, it is on hard mode, not sure if there is any other information I can add.
NuclearWorm

Post by NuclearWorm »

Also another thing, I am wondering if the iPad version multiplayer is just with other ipads or with everyone. There only ever seems to be 1 or 2 games on so I was wondering.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

IIRC it's with all 1.6.x clients, including those using Macs or PC. I guess it's just that 1.6 is less used by the latter nowadays since 1.8 is the current stable.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
NuclearWorm

Post by NuclearWorm »

Oh, know if there are any plans to bring it up to 1.8?
marzum01

Heir to the Throne: Delfador missing in scenario #6 and #7

Post by marzum01 »

Hi there,

Firstly thank you for a fantastic port - strategy fantasy gaming just CAN'T get any better than this on the iPad!

I would like to report a bug with the Heir to the Throne campaign

Delfador seems to be missing completely from scenario #7 and #8 - I mean, not just missing sprites and portraits with the character still being there, but the entire character and dialogues with that character missing

Scenario #7: Siege of Elsenfar
Upon completing the mission, there is the dialogue where Delfador tells Konrad about the Spectre of Fire. Delfador is Absence and Konrad appears to be chatting with himself (only his dialogue appears, no Elfador dialogue box, not even with missing portrait or text)

Scenario #8: Crossroads
The mission begins without Elfador, even though the Mission Objectives state defeat if Elfador is killed

I have both Save games from the last turn of Scenario #7 before the victory, and also from the first turn of Scenario #8. Restarting Scenario #8 does not appear to solve the issue

Could you please advise how I can assist with providing log files, save games etc? I assume I'll need to sync my save games to the PC first or is there another more suitable method?

Thanks for your help really appreciate it
Mario
marzum01

Re: Heir to the Throne: Delfador missing in scenario #6 and

Post by marzum01 »

Hi nevermind I managed to transfer the game saves to PC using wesnothsync.com.
For the purpose of testing consistency I downloaded and installed the Wesnoth 1.6.3 for Windows (which I understand is what the iPad port is baded on) and load the save files, the issue persists also on the PC
So now I have the game save files and also screenshots, will be more than happy to submit these/email to someone
Thanks again
MArio
Scyrix

Post by Scyrix »

Hello,
I am having an issue with my battle for Wesnoth for the IPad. As you know iOs 4.2 has come out, which allows me to multitask, aka play battle for Wesnoth and listen to pandora radio. The problem I am having is that the game is constantly freezing. I believe this is because of the multitasking with pandora but I have no ways of knowing for sure. If anyone could help with this issue it would be much appreciated.
-Scyrix
revolushn

Post by revolushn »

Hi there, as a long, long time player of BfW, I must say, this was one of the biggest shocks to find on iPad and one of the happiest surprises :) Seriously, you have outdone yourself. It gets more playtime than any other app I own and when I found out it was was an iPad app, it swayed my decision to buy one (on the first day of release in New Zealand too)

So I have been playing a few months, but something is irritating me with openfeint - I don't know if others are experiencing it. I have got some of the achievements but can't seem to get the ones below them. ie: I have 'Rampage' - kill 5 units in a turn, but not 'Beserk' - kill 3 units in a turn. (along with others like total kills)

I have continued playing and have definitely made these lower achievements, but openfeint just doesn't seem to update with them.

Any ideas?

I know this is only a very minor thing, and I most certainly not complaining as such, I was just curious as to whether it's a common thing.

Again - awesome game - I have played on four different platforms now, and seriously cannot get enough!
VoxOrion

Post by VoxOrion »

Greetings all,

I just wanted to stop by and say that I am COMPLETELY addicted to Wesnoth - the game is beautiful from beginning to end and everywhere in-between. The iPad port is fantastic. I just installed a desktop version on Win 7-64, no problem.

But...

No buts! Just: "Great work - Thank you".
dodikk

unable to build the project with the latest iOS SDK

Post by dodikk »

Dear kylepoole.

I have tried to build the apple iOS wesnoth port project ( http://wesnoth.repositoryhosting.com/sv ... h_wesnoth/ ).
I have opened "wesnoth.xcodeproj" and set up the current base SDK version (iOS4.2).

Neither of the configurations actually builds.
Am I missing (dependencies, libraries, settings, etc.)?
Would you please provide a valid repository path?

Seems like some files are included in the project but they are missing in the repository.

Thanks in advance.
P.S. Build logs will be attached at your request.
--------------------------
regards,
dodikk.
dodikk

unable to build the project with the latest iOS SDK

Post by dodikk »

Seems like some sources are missing :

Sources/OpenFeint/api/Invite
Sources/OpenFeint/api/OFRequestHandle.[h/mm]
Sources/OpenFeint/api/sample_delegates
Resources/FULL/IPad
REsources/HTTT
REsources/TSG

and some more...

Please add the sources to the repository or provide a valid repository path.
sven72

Post by sven72 »

Hello,

since for some reason I cannot provide a review on the App Store, even though I bought the game, I'll add feedback here.

The game is good, but there are a few things I'd like to mention:

* Scrolling: it's not as soft as iPad users are used to when, for example, flicking through pictures or PDFs. I suppose it's much work to modify the graphics engine for this L&F. Still, soft scrolling would look much better.
* crashing: I have a couple of crash logs of the game on the iPad. It seems there are some stability issues.
* Enemy units: When I tap an enemy unit it seems I can tap a tile where it would move to. Of course it doesn't move there, but why can I select a tile at all?
* De-selecting an enemy unit is a bit cumbersome; I do it by tapping a friendly unit twice. How about a tap on the playfield would de-select the enemy unit?
* It's a bit annoying that the Menu button does not react instantly while an enemy unit is moving. It only reacts after the move was finished.
* Please consider adding internationalization, for example German (though even the German texts on the Mac version are incomplete). I can cope with English, too, but I used to play it on the Mac in German, so I had to figure out some of the words.

It's much appreciated that the game is relatively cheap in the store, and it works well for that money.

With seasonal greetings
Skromer

Post by Skromer »

Hello,

First of all, thanks to all the developers who created this unbelievably additive game! Many hours and hours of playing on my iPad.

In my opinion, Northern Rebirth should be taken off the distribution of the iPad version- the iPad simply can't handle the number of units of a couple of the scenarios, *especially* Showdown, which was unplayable due to the lag- it was approximately 15 minutes per CPU turn, with 'skip AI moves' and ever CPU-saving preference set on.

I did get to enjoy the final level through sync-ing to my PC, which is a great feature.

Thanks again for the great work!

Sean
Harmond

Post by Harmond »

Just stopped by to say i think this is a fantastic game and just wonderful to play on the iPad.

I really hope the iPad version will get the latest updates too soon and that the bugs mentioned in the thread will be fixed.

a zoom in / out feature (that we iPad users are spoiled with) would be awsome :)

Oh, and I also wrote a short 5/5 review on the App store, but it doesnt seem to show up :?