addon campaigns

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

borderLine

addon campaigns

Post by borderLine »

My mom sent me searching for new campaigns, but she can only play at the novice level. I've checked addons.wesnoth.org, but most of the descriptions don't tell you how difficult it is. Can someone recommend like 4 or 5 campaigns at the novice level that I can d/l for her?
Telaron

Re: addon campaigns

Post by Telaron »

What version of the game do you have?
Check out the FOSS game Sumwars
Wish I had more time for composing music...
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Well, as long as you or your mother choses the easy on the deficulties, many of UMC (not all) are not so difficult. (at least, they are supposed to be on that way)
I think Dead Water isn't very difficult, and it is on any current Wesnoth add-ons server. It will be the mainline in the near future though.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
borderLine

Post by borderLine »

I'm running 1.6. After that, it runs too slow... we all only have Pentium 4s.

Thanks, SkyOne, I'll check out Dead Water. I downloaded the first four campaigns listed at addons.wesnoth.org, I think they were sorted by popularity. It was Story of Wose, Epic of Vaniyera, Fall of Silvium, and Up from Slavery. She said they were all too hard for her.

The problem is: I recently introduced her to this game, so she's not very good at it, yet she's already bored with the easy mainline campaigns. Maybe more easy level mainline campaigns are in order for new users. (New users come in all shapes and sizes; I got bored with the desert elves campaign.¦)
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I would not suggest the imperial era campaigns to a beginner.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
mm_

Post by mm_ »

Wait, Epic of Vaniyera is veeeeeery easy, and it uses Imperial Era!
Rya

Post by Rya »

I think he rather meant that beginners should first get used to the default era.
Wesnoth
The developer says "no".
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

When anyone is bored on easy, it's time to try 'medium' or 'hard'. Some mainline campaigns are far from easy, at least on 'hard' setting.