iPhone version support/feedback thread: Ep. 3

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

therealtylerdurden

Re: iPhone version support/feedback thread: Ep. 3

Post by therealtylerdurden »

Been a year since the last update. What's Going on Kyle?
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

He's gone MIA.
allefant
Units Database Administrator

Post by allefant »

Assuming the Android port uses SDL 1.3 with OpenGL ES 2 and with SDL 1.3 and OpenGL ES 2 working on iphone, I wonder how hard it would be to compile the Android port on IPhone. Most likely just a few days of work for someone who has an iphone dev license.
Monolith

Post by Monolith »

therealtylerdurden wrote:Been a year since the last update. What's Going on Kyle?
http://www.shadowera.com/forum.php
therealtylerdurden

allefant wrote:Assuming the Android port uses SDL 1.3 with OpenGL ES 2 and with SDL 1.3 and OpenGL ES 2 working on iphone, I wonder how hard it would be to compile the Android port on IPhone. Most likely just a few days of work for someone who has an iphone dev license.
why would you want to do that? Is the android version much different from the Iphone version?
allefant
Units Database Administrator

Post by allefant »

Yes, the Android version uses the same code as Windows/OSX/Linux and, from what I understand, the code will be merged with the main Wesnoth source code. This means any updates to Wesnoth will also be available for the Android version.

The iphone version on the other hand is based on the 1.6 sources of Wesnoth and is a fork - i.e. the Wesnoth developers do not update the code at all.
Macfionn

Post by Macfionn »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:He's gone MIA.
He's not MIA. He's still lurking these boards and apparently moved on to another project (shadow era) with the potential of more money. That's just great. Yanking this forgotten project of his (1 mere month of updates before he grew tired of it!) off my iPad. Will play on pc laptop instead. And will totally avoid purchasing anything in the future with his name attached to it. Kyle? The moment you chose to "SELL" this, you made an obligation to stand by your work and keep your CUSTOMERS updated.
Bad form, Kyle. And bad business.
This is no reflection on Wesnoth. This is Kyle Pools egg. He laid it all by himself.
therealtylerdurden

He obviously didn't think the Port was as profitable as he would of liked or else he would still be updating it. When something isn't making money there is no sense trying to burn money on updating it. I don't blame him for abandoning it.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

I'd suggest you read this article by shadowmaster, as it describes all the problems caused by this: http://shadowm.rewound.net/blog/archive ... r-iOS.html

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Excuse my obvious ignorance on the matter of the iOS version going nowhere fast, but is it not possible to resolve the obvious problem with Apple? Can someone else not take over the project? Someone who knows how to program iOS apps? I'm not saying that I hate the iOS Wesnoth, but it has gotten kinda tedious what with the crashes and various problems.