iPhone version support/feedback thread: Ep. 3

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Unnheulu

Re: iPhone port, Episode 3

Post by Unnheulu »

Some of the transistions don't work (eg ocean to coast, and marsh to <forgot >.<>

Otherwise greeaat work!
Any chance of fitting in the unit descriptions (for terms of space could they be stored in the online bestiary or something)
PillsMcGee

Post by PillsMcGee »

ok so, earlier in the thread i saw that someone said that you dont need the other versions of wesnoth to play episode 3 dead water app. I have $5.22 in my account, but when i tried to purchase the app for $4.99, it told me i have insufficient funds in my account to complete the transaction :cry: . i tried to buy both through my ipod and through my computer and got the same result. So, do i need any previous versions or is there something wrong with my account? any help would be appreciated.
*lol*
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Is there Sales Tax in the appstore? Either way, it's probably not a problem we can solve unless you suggest KylePoole lower the price.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Zerovirus wrote:Is there Sales Tax in the appstore? Either way, it's probably not a problem we can solve unless you suggest KylePoole lower the price.
I believe that Apple charges whatever the local sales tax is for the billing address of your credit card. For instance, I live in New York, and Apple charged me $0.26 on a $2.99 purchase; that's within rounding error of the 8.25% sales tax here.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
simply1

Post by simply1 »

Jayce, do you have the latest update? I had those problems, but the last release cleared all crashing up for me, it's been great.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Kyle, have you considered releasing the app free for a day on FAAD to gain publicity?
PillsMcGee

Post by PillsMcGee »

aw thats really lame. its worth going out and getting a gift card though. i just never noticed that itunes did that before. thanks though
*lol*
Icarusvogel

Post by Icarusvogel »

I had a try with this on a friend's iPod Touch. Though it is awkward to play on such a small screen, it isn't bad... and there is Invasion from the Unknown on it as a mainline campaign. :D
You are a Necromancer - Intelligent and powerful, yet reclusive and misunderstood, you dabble in dark arts that everyone else can only dream of.
Lunnas

Post by Lunnas »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been having some recent issues getting saved games to load. I think it may have started happening after I updated to episode 3, but I'm not sure entirely.

Basically, when I try to load a saved game, the bar loads for quite a while (several minutes) and then quits the app as soon as the bar is full. The problem really started after I got to HttT: Princess of Wesnoth -- the game has become unplayable after I reached that level. I was able to load a level from Crossroads, but I can't load my Princess of Wesnoth games.

This is on a iphone 3g with the latest firmware.

Any ideas? I miss the game!
spod

Post by spod »

I'm back.

Signposts.

I can't see them. I got right to the end of Cliffs of Thoria - 28 turns of yetis and trolls - and ran out of time trying to find the damn signpost.

Are they supposed to be so hard to find?

Also - lawful/chaotic labels on units are really essential. Hope you will include that in your next update, Kyle, and I hope it's soon!

Still loving the game (apart from the secret signposts),

Spod
KylePoole
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by KylePoole »

Next big update submitted! :D

Episode 4: Oooooze Awkening
+ New unique RPG campaign
+ Vastly improved GUI
+ Speed increase with many units onscreen
+ Some new unit graphics (Drakes!)
+ Many more fixes

Unfortunately, some things I was working on have been delayed until Episode 5, namely the new Unit Description popup boxes and Tower Defense levels...
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

Will these changes be implemented in the iPad version as well?

Thanks for all of your hard work!
501st_alpha1

Post by 501st_alpha1 »

It has been approved! It seems like it was faster this time...

Here's my thoughts (no particular order):
1. The new GUI is a great improvement.
2. One thing I would like to see is to be able to do is precision-select the name of the game save (with the iPhone's magnifying glass thing). (I just used it for this post :) )
3. I like the native scrolling (no more scroll bars!) but it would also be nice to have momentum scrolling (especially for the ever-lengthening campaign list).
4. The map scrolling is better. Still not Apple-menu smoothness but...
5. Several times when I was playing, some of the units where replaced with white boxes momentarily. It seemed to happen mostly when a unit was getting hit or healing. Also, once when it jumped back to my leader, almost the whole screen went white in the same glitch.
6. I still would like to see damage calculations and replays eventually.
7. Sorry if I'm overwhelming you or anything... It keeps getting better, keep up the good work!
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

*Goes grabs iPod*

Reserved for future comments

* I really, really dislike the new interface, I loved the old one because of its similarity to wesnoth, but, thats now gone! :(
* I miss the scroll bars, and scrolling is now really hard, in fact it took hooours to get the bottom of the campaign list as it kept going back up when I put my finger down.
* On a brighter note, at least the tiling looks good now on the maps. (Althoguh some, like deep to shallow water still needs work)
* Yay, you got the unit help in!
aegil

Post by aegil »

I wanted to let you know that after I installed the newest version and hit the Load button, none of my saves are listed and when I hit cancel, it loads anyway. when I hit OK, it crashes the app.

I can't see or select from the list of saves. Any ideas what's wrong or how to fix it? Is it just my problem?
Last edited by aegil on March 30th, 2010, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.