Best add-on campaigns

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fabi
Inactive Developer

Re: Best add-on campaigns

Post by fabi »

Luckystars wrote:Yes I just finished Wings of Victory, its really nice to find a very well made Drake campaign
Are you kidding?
It's a piece of unfinished crap, I wanted to came back and finish it since ages.
Unfortunately my map designer is busy with other stuff and I horribly suck at it.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Luckystars wrote:If anyone knows where to find count kromire, I really want to play that campaign but unforchunately can't find it on the wesnoth 1.10.1 add-on server
I personally didn't like Kromire. Almost all scenarios were defeat all enemy leaders, the moral lesson when you left Michbie live, he turned against you was awesome, the whole storyline was straightforward, maps looked quite random, and the overall eyesore of missing animations because of the different era sucked. All its popularity is because vampires are 'cool'.
But if you want to play it, it should not be a problem to find it in your 1.8 userdata or download the 1.8 version from here, unpack it and it should work also on 1.10, there was so little macros that the difference in them between 1.8 and 1.10 should not affect anything.
taptap

Post by taptap »

I vote for Fate of a Princess (great campaign despite some uneasy transitions and surprises), Panther Lord (lead the jungle dwelling darklanders against the empire, Era of Four Moons), Invasion from the Unknown (chilling story, breathtaking art and map-design though after starting with a perfect 1st scenario unfortunately moving towards dungeon-crawling and puzzle-solving gameplay), The Sojournings of Grog (for troll-lovers). Very good as well, but I am not far enough to give a more certain recommendation: The Founding of Borstep and The Roar of the Woses. I personally very much like the Imperial Era add-ons too, though they are not really balanced on hard difficulty. Galuldur's Journey is an underappreciated neat elf campaign etc. etc.

Most of the campaigns mentioned - while lacking art assets - are better maintained than some mainline campaigns incl. Heir to the Throne that somehow still includes a completely broken branch (Cliffs of Thoria). Imo nobody should wait with playing add-on campaigns until finishing mainline.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
Luckystars

Post by Luckystars »

Fabi, its really not that bad, and compared to most of the other Drake campaigns out there, its godly. I seem to remember one that involved the first scenario IN A CAVE with Drakes against trolls and Dwarves and a relatively short time limit.
Also I did play the Count Kromire Add-on and although it did get a bit annoying with kill leader scenes, I loved that we could use vampires. One thing that really makes an add-on click for me is the usage of unusual eras.
jbt2i

Post by jbt2i »

vicente wrote:
Count kromire is currently on 1.8 server.
For the topic, Elvish Dynasty RPG is probably my favourite add-on.
Elvish Dynast RPG: I'll second that. It is better than even the mainline campaigns. The mainlines have great stories, but the gameplay of Elvish Dynasty is even more fun.
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

well for me is legend of the invicibles, it was a wild ride, there were some inbalances but i liked the story and the gameplay.
i also liked other lich/undead stories but i donot play wesnoth a long time ago.
it is okay to continue necroing?
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

jbt2i wrote:
vicente wrote:
Count kromire is currently on 1.8 server.
For the topic, Elvish Dynasty RPG is probably my favourite add-on.
Elvish Dynast RPG: I'll second that. It is better than even the mainline campaigns. The mainlines have great stories, but the gameplay of Elvish Dynasty is even more fun.
There was one where you played as a slime too, I think by the same developper. They were both insanely fun and a really creative use of the game IMO
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

@Drakilian That might be Ooze Mini Campaign.