Bats are cold resistant?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

A-Red
Art Contributor

Re: Bats are cold resistant?

Post by A-Red »

Pentarctagon wrote:i dont think it would make the bats less annoying, except for drakes, because saurians are the only mainline unit that can use a cold attack anyway.
...which I guess might make it a poor balance choice, because fighting Drakes as Undead is already probably the toughest situation to be in. It would give more depth to Undead vs. Undead though, and nobody else would be affected. What there should *really* be is more units who use cold attacks, because that damage type currently has little relevance compared to the other five.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

A-Red wrote:...which I guess might make it a poor balance choice, because fighting Drakes as Undead is already probably the toughest situation to be in.
Lots of Dark Adepts.

I'd say that the match-up is tough on either side of it. No matter what, you're going to face a lot of losses.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
SillySod

Post by SillySod »

Pentarctagon wrote:*slaps head*
how could i have forgotten about the adepts??? :oops:
And the ghosts ;)

To be honest Drakes suffer from large negative resistances to cold, arcane, and pierce (all of which undead have) in exactly the same way as undead suffer from negative fire resistances. Its hard to see the undead/drake matchup as being too lopsided either way but the bats seem to be disproporionately good and difficult to deal with for their cost (much more so than against other factions).
Mystery

Post by Mystery »

It's not like Bats are a problem for the skeletal units, or anything but Adepts for that matter. Ghouls poison and everything but Adepts and other Bats are Undead, meaning drain immune.

Maybe their superfluous Cold resistance can be removed when the Naga's Cold weakness is... :[