Whats worthy of a ban?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SillySod

Whats worthy of a ban?

Post by SillySod »

I'm just curious how much of a twit someone is allowed to be before they start picking up warning bans.

I just played a ladder game which was initially joined by someone called Artasy1 (or something, check the replay) who was not a ladder player and persisted in trying to cajole me into a game which I politely but firmly declined (repeatedly). Apparently wanting to play an actual ladder game (as advertised) was taken rather badly because he chose to stick around and declare both my faction and my initial recruit to my opponent. Fortunately it didnt really affect the outcome of the game (I got schooled) but it was a pretty childish thing to do and sooner or later that kind of thing will start to matter.

Question is... is that ban worthy and whats the best way to report it?
Attachments
2p_-_Hornshark_Island_Turn_9_(1840).gz
(11.75 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Whats worthy of a ban?

Post by Velensk »

There are short temporary bans for that kind of thing I think. I believe you are supposed to report this kind of thing to an authority on the server if you know one, or on a IRC channle.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Orin

Post by Orin »

Don't forget you can always :kick or :ban people from your own hosted games.
My motto: "Never trust anything on 70% defense"
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

sillysod--if you read the green text that is there every time one logs onto the server, it tells you how to make an message to any mod on the server at the time, I believe ^__^
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

You can also check out the "mute" command, it allows to silent a single player for the duration of the game.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
SillySod

Post by SillySod »

Thanks all.

At the time I kicked and banned him but the damage was already done. I guess the way to keep idiots out of games is to let the server mods do their work :)