Complaint about misuse of pseudos for defamation

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheChosenOne

Complaint about misuse of pseudos for defamation

Post by TheChosenOne »

Before you dismiss this as an e-drama, as you did last time, I would like to point out to you that I have proof of whatever I'm saying here. I have painstakingly copied each and every relevant line from the lobby chat over here, manually, by hand.

2-3 hours ago, I was going to start a game with my friend called Lioton. However, I had to go afk and was back only about an hour or so.

In my absence, apparently there is/are some person/people who would like to defame me by posing as TheChosenOne_ and hurling insults and spams at everyone in the lobby.

I was in the lobby under this registered nickname, 'TheChosenOne'.

Below is the extract. If you do not believe me, feel free to ask the mods to extract the chat log from 2-3 hours before this time to now, July 26 2009.

I believe the mods of the server are capable of finding which IP address is used by which nick. I also have reasons to believe that there is only a single culprit with multiple pseudos, who would like to cause trouble.
Spoiler:
Last time I complained about kard for his misconduct and misuse of host powers as second player when I dced. Now, the proof of who are the people doing this or not lie with the mods of the server. The logs are.

I believe that the majority of the Wesnoth community are mature enough not to do such things. However, when occasions like this arise, I do hope it will be dealt with accordingly.

TCO
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Complaint about misuse of pseudos for defamation

Post by Turuk »

At this point, you have both written it all out by using the adminmsg feature in game as well as posting it all here, so we are well aware of this.

We will look into the matter, but there was never a need to air this issue in public. You could have easily PMed one or all of the server moderators with your complaint and this log of the conversation.

We actually know exactly who it was by IP, and the person has been dealt with accordingly.

This thread will be locked to avoid unnecessary comments.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time