Noy

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IB

Re: Noy

Post by IB »

Noy totally threatened to ban me when I told him how to do his job, I've got so many great dev ideas. It's a free country and I think any unpaid volunteers should be forced to listen to me after all doesn't the 23rd amendment state: The customer is always right.
mrmoose

Post by mrmoose »

considering i was in the lobby when all this is happening i would like to add something. u guys are failing to realize three admins were in aggrement that these people deserved a ban. everyone bashing noy is pretty ridiculous considering there were two others in aggrement with him. the rules were broken so u have to deal with the consequences whats so hard to understand about this?

also from what i could tell people were just trying to press Noys buttons. I even distincly remember warning one of them that they were on thin ice and needed to stop before they got banned which then resulted in him lashing out at me, and eventually the ban.
Mica

Post by Mica »

Noy is blunt, Noy does not candy coat things. Noy is also pretty damn fair. It might not seem like it to you, but he is.

He usually does ask on IRC the other multiplayer mods if he feels some behavior is questionable. If he feels that the behavior is bad for sure, he will do something about it most likely. Noy doesn't punish people for just any reason.

I would like to hear Noy's side of the story as well, I mean seriously, this thread is all from one side.
Noy totally threatened to ban me when I told him how to do his job, I've got so many great dev ideas. It's a free country and I think any unpaid volunteers should be forced to listen to me after all doesn't the 23rd amendment state: The customer is always right.
Wesnoth is international. Therefore, any national laws technically don't apply and Wesnoth defines their own rules. If they decide free speech isn't allowed, then it's not. Just because you or somebody else lives in a free country, doesn't mean others do. The customer? IIRC this is a 100% free game, and multiplayer was a result of Wesnoth being so flexible it was able to be added. So, really IMO multiplayer is a huge privilege, not a right.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
mrmoose

Post by mrmoose »

Mica wrote:I would like to hear Noy's side of the story as well, I mean seriously, this thread is all from one side.
hey now i was on his side :wink: anyways i absolutly agree Noy may be blunt but in my experience he is very fair and always warns before he bans people. people try to push his buttons quite a bit and frankly he has no option but to do well.. what he does :D
Mica

Post by Mica »

Yes, sorry to not mention you mr. moose. ;)

I agree, a lot of people seem to like to push his buttons. It must be really annoying, and he has a lot more patience with people like that then I'd think most people would have! :lol2:

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
cmonyiman

Post by cmonyiman »

IMO Noy is fair, although he is rude (constantly frustrated ?) towards those he does not know.
His bans are just although sometimes I wish he wouldn't speak to others like he does.
Mica

Post by Mica »

Right, but blunt can seem rude sometimes. ;)

svek

Post by svek »

(paraphrasing someone else)
"Noy should be nicer" is a FPI but not a BWH so it's not going to happen if you don't fork the code and program it yourself.

Also: I am honest, you are blunt, he/she is rude

[/pointless post]
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Noy has served Wesnoth well in the past, but if you have to say something against him then you should send a PM to one of the other MP developers or MP server admins. For example, Wintermute.

If the mods or developers have a problem with Noy, we'll take it up with him in private.

We do not allow personal attack threads on the forum. End of thread.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."