Lotr map pack

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

User avatar
Akkarin345
Posts: 429
Joined: January 19th, 2008, 6:16 pm
Location: England

Re: Lotr map pack

Post by Akkarin345 »

LOL that made me laugh!

The problem is with a lot of made films or books is copyright.
What you could do though is make a campaign and use a similar story but not the same. For example you could have a guy who was controlloed everyone who wielded a certain staff, and to be destroyed someone has to shatter the staff. Something like that which has a similar storyline but not the same. Also i'd avoid keeping names, i remember a campaign which was about an exile young king i think. I can't remember what it was called but i remember it used LoTR place names. I would avoid this, the last thing you want is a court case.

cobra
Posts: 273
Joined: October 6th, 2008, 1:57 pm
Location: USA, Land of the free, Home of the brave.

Re: Lotr map pack

Post by cobra »

I totally agree.
Thank you President Bush
Ask not what wesnoth can do for you, but what you can do for wesnoth.-cobra

Sangel
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 2232
Joined: March 26th, 2004, 10:58 pm
Location: New York, New York

Re: Lotr map pack

Post by Sangel »

woodmouse wrote:
Longbow wrote:btw, 24 posts in a matter of hours? Nice one.
Hahaha. It's nothing.
In the Egoboo forum, I posted 150 posts in 45 mins. :lol:
(if someone doesn't know, Egoboo is another open source game I love (and I have made skins for some characters in it :D))
I'm not sure if you picked up on this, but the prevailing feeling among the more permanent members of the Wesnoth forums is that it is bad to post a large number of posts in a short period of time, and that it is better to focus on posting a smaller number of higher quality posts. :eng:
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

User avatar
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 1154
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 8:38 pm
Location: Valley of the Shadow of Death
Contact:

Re: Lotr map pack

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Sangel wrote:
woodmouse wrote: Hahaha. It's nothing.
In the Egoboo forum, I posted 150 posts in 45 mins. :lol:
(if someone doesn't know, Egoboo is another open source game I love (and I have made skins for some characters in it :D))
I'm not sure if you picked up on this, but the prevailing feeling among the more permanent members of the Wesnoth forums is that it is bad to post a large number of posts in a short period of time, and that it is better to focus on posting a smaller number of higher quality posts. :eng:
QFT.

Also, cobra, try to keep your topics a bit more contained. You're getting scattered all over the User's Forum, whereas most of your posts probably belong in Faction and Era Development. Keep an eye on that.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.

User avatar
Unnheulu
Posts: 738
Joined: November 25th, 2007, 4:50 pm
Location: Cymru
Contact:

Re: Lotr map pack

Post by Unnheulu »

Sangel wrote:
woodmouse wrote: Hahaha. It's nothing.
In the Egoboo forum, I posted 150 posts in 45 mins. :lol:
(if someone doesn't know, Egoboo is another open source game I love (and I have made skins for some characters in it :D))
I'm not sure if you picked up on this, but the prevailing feeling among the more permanent members of the Wesnoth forums is that it is bad to post a large number of posts in a short period of time, and that it is better to focus on posting a smaller number of higher quality posts. :eng:
I agree with that. I've been around two, maybe three, mabye much much more times as long as woodmouse, and Ihave done like 20 psots less.

cobra
Posts: 273
Joined: October 6th, 2008, 1:57 pm
Location: USA, Land of the free, Home of the brave.

Re: Lotr map pack

Post by cobra »

OK, I will try to keep my posts more refined in the future. Thanks for the tip. :D
Thank you President Bush
Ask not what wesnoth can do for you, but what you can do for wesnoth.-cobra

User avatar
Rex Umbrarum
Posts: 85
Joined: August 9th, 2008, 3:41 pm

Re: Lotr map pack

Post by Rex Umbrarum »

zookeeper wrote:
Longbow wrote:btw, 24 posts in a matter of hours? Nice one.
Someone should write a script which just posts random words to the forums so you could rack up hundreds of posts per hour that way, which would then presumably be even nicer.
cheese food :mrgreen: Konrad Latin is the purple :roll: . Wesnoth. (Sorry)
vivantlingvaemortvae

cobra
Posts: 273
Joined: October 6th, 2008, 1:57 pm
Location: USA, Land of the free, Home of the brave.

Re: Lotr map pack

Post by cobra »

What does that mean???
Thank you President Bush
Ask not what wesnoth can do for you, but what you can do for wesnoth.-cobra

User avatar
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 1154
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 8:38 pm
Location: Valley of the Shadow of Death
Contact:

Re: Lotr map pack

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

It means if he keeps it up he's going to wind up having posts deleted for sheer and utter pointlessness.

Also, since you're not going to get your LotR map pack, since that's actually illegal, I hereby declare this thread locked.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.

Locked