Where are the new Drakes?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Drake Pillager
Location: Everywhere you imagine, nowhere you can possibly think.

Re: Where are the new Drakes?

Post by Drake Pillager »

i think it could be that he decided to give up his monarchic position in the Wesnothian forum community to let a younger talented and nearly as awesome peoples step in to take his pride honourable position, but he was too afraid of the consequences if he'd make it known so he kept quiet about this all and went for like a silent departure right, totally.
Last edited by Drake Pillager on August 19th, 2008, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the king.
Drake Pillager
Location: Everywhere you imagine, nowhere you can possibly think.

Post by Drake Pillager »

(p.s danny_california told me to say hi)
I am the king.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

Drake Pillager wrote:i think it could be that he decided to give up his monarchic position in the Wesnothian forum community to let a younger talented and nearly as awesome peoples step in to take his pride honourable position, but he was too afraid of the consequences if he'd make it known so he kept quiet about this all and went for like a silent departure right, totally.
here are always other sprites which need animations that new guys can work on. and if drakes were made by someone else than you, they would feel inconsistent. the only one left daring to do whole new mainline sprites these days is jetryl. the "younger talented and nearly as awesome" spriters who pop up at times, like Megane, Melon and that-guy-who-did-Ancient-Greek-sprites-but-left-shortly tend to go for usermade content, since getting their stuff in is certain then.

:eng: so get your ass back here and sprite on!
Urs
Art Contributor

Post by Urs »

what Syntax Error said

and what, no mention of me? :P
(although I must admit when I came here I had no idea how to do anything other than wield the paintbrush in the gimp. I was so bad it wasn't even funny)

edit - and of course one of the best amazing-off-the-bat spriters, Quietus. Also the Ancient Greek guy = shiremct, IIRC. He came back for a few days a while ago...
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Syntax_Error wrote:
Drake Pillager wrote:i think it could be that he decided to give up his monarchic position in the Wesnothian forum community to let a younger talented and nearly as awesome peoples step in to take his pride honourable position, but he was too afraid of the consequences if he'd make it known so he kept quiet about this all and went for like a silent departure right, totally.
here are always other sprites which need animations that new guys can work on. and if drakes were made by someone else than you, they would feel inconsistent. the only one left daring to do whole new mainline sprites these days is jetryl. the "younger talented and nearly as awesome" spriters who pop up at times, like Megane, Melon and that-guy-who-did-Ancient-Greek-sprites-but-left-shortly tend to go for usermade content, since getting their stuff in is certain then.

:eng: so get your ass back here and sprite on!
Why this message seems to be directed at me, why would you tell Drake Pillager all those things if you meant to talk to me? :D

Anyway, there's around two people who can really persuade me to continue with the drakes; and both of them are largely responsible for keeping me from them ;) so my hands are tied!
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

Anyway, there's around two people who can really persuade me to continue with the drakes; and both of them are largely responsible for keeping me from them ;)
Who is the second one?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Mica wrote:Sirp stole him - he's forced Neo to work on Silvertree IIRC. :P
You... :evil:
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Syntax_Error wrote:
Anyway, there's around two people who can really persuade me to continue with the drakes; and both of them are largely responsible for keeping me from them ;)
Who is the second one?
I'll leave you with this riddle as a hint:

I've always questioned his gender.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Jetryl, of course.

Jeetryl, where aaare youu? *whistles*
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Well gee Neorice, you have legions of fans begging you to add art to a real live game that is played by thousands of people every day!

Isn't this the kind of thing you always wanted?

...where inspiration strikes and what and when you want to do it I'll leave up to you though. I know that like me, you are working on several cool things right now, and I'm sure you can decide what you want to do. :)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Mica

Post by Mica »

GET BACK TO WORK ON THE NEW DRAKE SPRITES OR I'LL FRY YOUR BRAINS OUT!

..please? XD Kidding. You work on them at whatever pace you want... *cracks whip* :p
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

What if we just dropped the drakes? :twisted:
(Now that Turin is gone someone will have to fill his place as a drake hater.)
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Mica

Post by Mica »

*raises hand* I will! :p
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

I just don't feel like animating em.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

:cry: