Save time - the DIY luck thread post

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cloud
Art Contributor

Re: Save time - the DIY luck thread post

Post by Cloud »

Turuk wrote:2 in a row, I'm starting to have concerns for my health.
:twisted:

Note to everyone apart from Turuk: This post is merely a distraction for Turuk to delete whilst I sneak up behind him... you ain't seen me, right?
Softly/SoftlySplinter on IRC. Will be lurking around more these days
Mainline Animations|The Væringjar
Art for these mead-sodden, bearded mushroom-junkies by Girgistian!
Cizzle

Post by Cizzle »

Dear

[ ] Dave
[x] The developers
[ ] Forum Regulars
[ ] The Wesnoth Community
[ ] Morons
[ ] Retards
[ ] Father Christmas

I am supported by:

[x] I'm speaking for myself
[ ] The other people posting on the forum saying the same thing
[ ] The silent majority of Wesnoth players
[ ] A secret syndicate of the best Wesnoth players around, so secret, in fact, I won't tell you who they are

My preferred system would be:

[ ] Development of the accuracy era
[ ] A luck offsetting system
[x] A "deck of cards" system
[ ] Some confusing proposal that would actually put more luck into the game, but that's okay, because I can then complain some more
[ ] Any system, as long as it allows me to win every time, because I'm such a good player

Yours sincerely,
Cizzle
A Deck of cards, you gotta be taking about battle hunter my most favoritest game on the PlayStation one.
Check out units in a new faction:
Seer Initiate
Fury Striker
More coming soon...
Nicknick

Post by Nicknick »

This is the best thread i read in a long time on forums. :up: (Although i was kinda annoyed by my mages missing 6 times in a row. And just as annoyed by getting 4 resilient/strong melee recruits in a row, although that was not exactly a very bad thing. ) (reloaded first, didnt the second)
theruler

Post by theruler »

Puredeadbrilliant.
Chuck Norris' watch displays only an hour. Yours.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Dear

[ ] Dave
[ x ] The developers
[ ] Forum Regulars
[ ] Morons
[ ] Retards
[ ] Father Christmas

I wish to complain about the luck system because:

[x] It's not realistic
[ ] It's counterintuitive
[ ] I think it means the better player doesn't always win
[x] It allows for ridiculous outcomes such as peasants killing liches in single combat, it's true, honest
[ ] I keep losing because of luck, because when I play I know I'm always the better player
[x] It ruins single-player mode because obsessive players can just reload until they get their preferred outcomes

My evidence to back up my argument is:

[x] A careful analysis of the existing arguments, and some new point I feel haven't been raised before
[ ] A replay where I believe one player played better but lost
[ ] A replay where my vampire-bat spam ought to have won
[x] A long essay about realism, even though there are just as good arguments the other way round
[x] A detailed statistical analysis, and I've almost got a GCSE in Maths so I know exactly what I'm on about.
[ ] A long list of sweeping generalisations
[ ] It's the responsibility of the devs to present the evidence to me. And no, I refuse to waste three clicks to read any on the numerous threads explaining things before
[ ] Evidence? Back up arguments? Don't be stupid

I am supported by:

[ ] I'm speaking for myself
[x] A secret syndicate of the best Wesnoth players around, so secret, in fact, I won't tell you who they are

[x] Development of the accuracy era
[ ] A "deck of cards" system
[x] Some confusing proposal that would actually put more luck into the game, but that's okay, because I can then complain some more
[x] Any system, as long as it allows me to win every time, because I'm such a good player

I demand

[x] The devs include an option for less luck
[ ] The devs change the system and forces the noisy minority who like the game as it is to do it my way
[ ] Wesnoth is changed into a clone of the proprietary game I want to play really, except I don't want to pay for it, or make any contribution towards developing it
[ ] The devs resign immediately, revoke the GPL, and sell the game to Microsoft and the wise benevolent Steve Ballmer. And get rid of those pesky Linux users
[ ] That the devs give me some advice on how to create a mod that enables me to play the game the way I want, the same way they give advice to UMC developers who are willing to put in their own work, which I can do under GPL, and then [Now, now, this is just getting silly.]

LIGHTFIGHTER
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
styles1005

Post by styles1005 »

This is thread necromancy, but meh.

Dear

[ ] Dave
[ ] The developers
[ ] Forum Regulars
[x] Morons
[x] Retards
[ ] Father Christmas

[x] It's not realistic
[x] It's counterintuitive
[x] I think it means the better player doesn't always win
[x] It allows for ridiculous outcomes such as peasants killing liches in single combat, it's true, honest
[x] I keep losing because of luck, because when I play I know I'm always the better player
[x] It ruins single-player mode because obsessive players can just reload until they get their preferred outcomes

[ ] A careful analysis of the existing arguments, and some new point I feel haven't been raised before
[x] A replay where my vampire-bat spam ought to have won
[ ] A long essay about realism, even though there are just as good arguments the other way round
[x] A detailed statistical analysis, and I've almost got a GCSE in Maths so I know exactly what I'm on about.
[x] A long list of sweeping generalisations
[x] It's the responsibility of the devs to present the evidence to me. And no, I refuse to waste three clicks to read any on the numerous threads explaining things before
[x] Evidence? Back up arguments? Don't be stupid

I am supported by:

[x] I'm speaking for myself (and you all know I'm always right!)
[x] A secret syndicate of the best Wesnoth players around, so secret, in fact, I won't tell you who they are

[ ] Some confusing proposal that would actually put more luck into the game, but that's okay, because I can then complain some more
[x] Any system, as long as it allows me to win every time, because I'm such a good player

I demand

[ ] The devs include an option for less luck
[x] The devs change the system and forces the noisy minority who like the game as it is to do it my way
[ ] Wesnoth is changed into a clone of the proprietary game I want to play really, except I don't want to pay for it, or make any contribution towards developing it
[ ] The devs resign immediately, revoke the GPL, and sell the game to Microsoft and the wise benevolent Steve Ballmer. And get rid of those pesky Linux users
[ ] That the devs give me some advice on how to create a mod that enables me to play the game the way I want, the same way they give advice to UMC developers who are willing to put in their own work, which I can do under GPL, and then [Now, now, this is just getting silly.]

Sincerely,

styles1005
*has nothing else to say*

Necromancy most foul! - Doc Paterson

All hail my new campaign, Lords of the North! Now on the add-ons server!
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

A very funny thread that in my twisted mind deserves what now happens to it...
Chris NS wrote:I suspect this really belongs in off-topic, but with this debate going on I'll let this get on here.

With countless posts about luck, maybe it's now time to go to mass production. Here is a form I proposed gets used for future posts about luck.

CROSS ALL THE BOXES THAT APPLY

Dear

[ x ] Dave
[ ] The developers
[ x ] Forum Regulars
[ x ] Morons
[ x ] Retards
[ x ] Father Christmas

[ x ] It's not realistic
[ x ] It's counterintuitive
[ ] I think it means the better player doesn't always win
[ x ] It allows for ridiculous outcomes such as peasants killing liches in single combat, it's true, honest
[ x ] I keep losing because of luck, because when I play I know I'm always the better player
[ ] It ruins single-player mode because obsessive players can just reload until they get their preferred outcomes

[ ] A careful analysis of the existing arguments, and some new point I feel haven't been raised before
[ x ] A replay where my vampire-bat spam ought to have won
[ x ] A long essay about realism, even though there are just as good arguments the other way round
[ ] A detailed statistical analysis, and I've almost got a GCSE in Maths so I know exactly what I'm on about.
[ x ] A long list of sweeping generalisations
[ x ] It's the responsibility of the devs to present the evidence to me. And no, I refuse to waste three clicks to read any on the numerous threads explaining things before
[ x ] Evidence? Back up arguments? Don't be stupid
[ x ] You like HITLER!

I am supported by:

[ ] I'm speaking for myself
[ x ] The silent majority of Wesnoth players
[ x ] A secret syndicate of the best Wesnoth players around, so secret, in fact, I won't tell you who they are

[ x ] Some confusing proposal that would actually put more luck into the game, but that's okay, because I can then complain some more
[ x ] Any system, as long as it allows me to win every time, because I'm such a good player

I demand

[ ] The devs include an option for less luck
[ x ] The devs change the system and forces the noisy minority who like the game as it is to do it my way
[ x ] Wesnoth is changed into a clone of the proprietary game I want to play really, except I don't want to pay for it, or make any contribution towards developing it
[ x ] The devs resign immediately, revoke the GPL, and sell the game to Microsoft and the wise benevolent Steve Ballmer. And get rid of those pesky Linux users
[ x ] :twisted: WORLD DOMINANCE :twisted:

Yours sincerely

Drakefriend
I do not someone has yet posted something like this:
Attachments
forumnecromancer.png
forumnecromancer.png (47.36 KiB) Viewed 3085 times
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.