Help finding old campaign

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mortalus

Help finding old campaign

Post by mortalus »

Hello all,
I played Wesnoth perhaps a year or more ago then stopped until recently. I am going through the user-made campaigns again. I am trying to find an old one with some scenarios I enjoyed. You played as a young griffon(?) and were being trained/tested to take over leadership. In one scenario, there was a race to the finish with wooden walls blocking your path and using some cave areas to slow movement in certain areas. Anyhow, I tried a search but the key words are not specific enough. For example, "race" tends to show search results of everything since many players refer to race as drake, undead, etc whereas I mean a footrace sort of definition (wings too).

Any news on this would be great. I understand that it may not even exist anymore since Wesnoth has grown tremendously in my absence.

Thank you,
Mortalus
jonathantan86

Re: Help finding old campaign

Post by jonathantan86 »

I think that campaign was called "A Gryphon's Tale". I don't know if it has been updated though...it has been a long time since I played it.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

It still exists on the ancient 1.0 campaign server, which is still up. You can connect to it using 1.4 by using "campaigns.wesnoth.org:15002" as the add-on server address.

Of course, it won't work with any recent version. You'd need to update the WML one way or another...maybe wmllint would manage it, maybe not.
mortalus

Post by mortalus »

That is the one I was seeking. I appreciate everyone's help.
~Mortalus