AI leaders complete idiots.

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

energyman76c

AI leaders complete idiots.

Post by energyman76c »

since 1.3.XY AI leaders have the tendency to get themselves killed.

Like in Siege of Elensefar, when the undead leader moved out of his hole to attack some unit of mine.

Or Orcish leaders moving in front of my troops almost everywhere.

As long as only enemy leaders did it, it was kind of cool. No dangerous and exhausting 'get the units close, enter keep, kill him', nope they threw themselves into the cold steel. Lots of XP wasted, but hey.. who wants to level units anyway?

But sadly allied AI leaders are absolutly braindead too!

Just load the game, klick on end turn and watch the King doing the most stupid move.

And he does it every time!

Around turn 5 he will move to that village and get himself killed - I restarted the scenario 3 times so far ....

I remember well, that in earlier wesnoth versions AI leaders were much less stupid ... I hope that this will be fixed before 1.4 because it is really annoying. Easy kills are fun - until every scenario becomes an easy kill....
Attachments
Save_the_King_Turn_5.gz
(103.09 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
vicza

Re: AI leaders complete idiots.

Post by vicza »

Nobody answered this, but, I think, the problem still exists. In particular, I encountered this in the same LOW campaign, scenario 'Battle of the book'. What should do a normal Elder Mage in a situation on the picture? I think, he should go north-west, as far as possible from these trolls, the more so, there were some of his troops (and my troops were coming). But he goes in the right opposite direction, SE, and attacks the trools. Even with ordinary trolls it would be quite a stupid thing, but to do it against rocklobbers... :hmm:
Attachments
cre.png
cre.png (350.36 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
Federalist marshal
Art Contributor

Re: AI leaders complete idiots.

Post by Federalist marshal »

Somewhere in these forums a similar thread has popped up awhile back. See if you can find that, I'm sure it would help.

EDIT: I think this is the one I was talking about: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19478