Spoilers: how does Heir To The Throne end?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

I'd say the actual ending, but it's more unbelievable than some of the suggestions, and he wouldn't believe me XD
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
vetgirig

Post by vetgirig »

Thrawn wrote:I'd say the actual ending, but it's more unbelievable than some of the suggestions, and he wouldn't believe me XD
+1
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Thrawn wrote:I'd say the actual ending, but it's more unbelievable than some of the suggestions, and he wouldn't believe me XD
Too true.
Dawgas

Post by Dawgas »

The actual ending is...

we don't know what it is, you have to fight Dave to the death to see the ending... and that will never happen, he's too good at fighting (everyone that's ever said that they beat the campaign is Dave in disguise)

PLEASE DONT KILL ME OH GOD
Federalist marshal
Art Contributor

Post by Federalist marshal »

If anyone did post the actual ending, I'm pretty sure the closest moderator would've deleted the post.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Actually, at this point, someone could post the real ending and no one who hadn't played the campaign could tell.

To wit - what actually happens is, Asheviere is revealed to have actually died several years ago, and it had been a impostor controlling the throne for entire campaign. Thus Konrad doesn't actually have to kill any relatives.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

We are all imposters.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Here is another one.

Konrad does not kill Ashivere for the throne, he marries her, and then has her executed for treason and marries Li'sar. (whom he later excutes when she fails to provide male opspring.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

turin wrote:Actually, at this point, someone could post the real ending and no one who hadn't played the campaign could tell.
Yes, who would've known that Konrad dies and Ashivere launches the second Sun, which causes the apocalypse and turns Wesnoth into the desert it is in Under the Burning Suns?
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

turin wrote:Actually, at this point, someone could post the real ending and no one who hadn't played the campaign could tell.

To wit - what actually happens is, Asheviere is revealed to have actually died several years ago, and it had been a impostor controlling the throne for entire campaign. Thus Konrad doesn't actually have to kill any relatives.
Oh, but wait, in order to stay true to the George Lucas tradition we must say that it was a "clone" of Asheviere that was killed. Only problem is you'd have to make sure Delfador got killed off by Li'sar, who would be playing the roles of both Vader AND Leia, and then Konrad would be cloned and...

Wait, I forgot to put Jar Jar in there.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

It turns out that Konrad actually is female - Li'sar notices that after killing Asheviere and kills Konrad then. Li'sar becomes a mad killing machine, killing everything in her way but Delfador, who is her mother. :roll:
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

You defeat Asheviere, but in the ensuing cutscene it's revealed that the mastermind behind her plans was the spirit of Baldras (he had gained mysterious powers on the Isle of the Dead). Luckily, Parandra appears and she and Delfador manage to banish him. Becoming desperate, Asheviere then starts casting a spell that would destroy the whole of Weldyn. Before she can complete it, however, Alanin emerges from the city sewers and shoots her.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Did anyone mention that asheviere is in fact an orc in disguize? and that Konrad had a love affair with Delfador?

Kalenz goes to the elvish woods but drops a cigarette butt and the all plays trns into a giant barbecue.THE END.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

gotrek860 wrote:Konrad had a love affair with Delfador
gotrek's been writing some Wesnothian slash fiction?

I'm a Kalenz/Li'sar man myself. :shock:
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Okay, enough jokes....what really happens is that it turns out that Li'sar is actually Asheviere in disguise; she used some deep magic to make herself look younger. At the end you have to fight her. Just hope you didn't give her the Scepter of Fire.

...I know I know, it's so boring of me to say what the real ending is, but it's probably true that even with the real ending posted, nobody will be able to tell anyhow...
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming