Wurmish, Chosen1 & Dingo FFA

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Faello

Wurmish, Chosen1 & Dingo FFA

Post by Faello »

We played good game today, Dingo suggested we should play more of such FFA's like today - it was really good and stable game - we can continue from the save or we can start another one - let's use this thread for making appoitments.

I suggest tomorrow - 21 ( 22 is really max for me ) GMT as a game start.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Teh_Chosen1

Post by Teh_Chosen1 »

Yeah!
Teh_Chosen1

Post by Teh_Chosen1 »

HMMm.. So when is the time?

Is it 21gtm?
Faello

Post by Faello »

21 GMT = 23 your time and 22 mine - check this link to be sure:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

Site shows UTC/GMT time - to get your time you need to substract GMT time value from your time value - for example:

GMT Time is 12:00 , your time is 14:00

14-12=2

Your timezone is GMT+2

Another example:

GMT Time is 12:00, your time is 10:00

10 - 12 = -2

Your timezone is GMT-2

Ofc there are summer/winter solstices so after every such event your time moves +1 or -1 hour from the previous time.

If it's going about today game - I propose GMT 18 Chosen1 - it's probably than Dingo and Wurmish will not appear - we also need 3 more players.
Wurmish

Post by Wurmish »

No, I'll be there, I don't have enough to do today. I need to lose or get out of that bind Faello is leaving me in ><
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Is is me, or is it kind of odd that you made a thread for this instead of using PMs? :?
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

No its not odd, its simply rude for their part, but each one its own, and they considered that talking to each other throught the forum was wiser that by chat or msn =/

Anyway. may they have fun and happy new year Doc.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

Vendanna wrote:No its not odd, its simply rude for their part, but each one its own, and they considered that talking to each other throught the forum was wiser that by chat or msn =/
some people are conservative about sharing msn, some dont have it at all; if by "chat" you mean lobby chat, then if some people are out of it, they cant see it, while forum post lasts; if by "chat" you mean IRC chat, they might not have it (and be too newb at computer stuff to download a client and register the nick to send messages there).

PMs are the most sensible solutions for this kind of thing.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Doc Paterson wrote:Is is me, or is it kind of odd that you made a thread for this instead of using PMs? :?
There's no pure multiplayer section on this forum and I read that there's no such thing because it's "not necessary" when Users Forum take this role - one of the developers wrote it iirc.

I would like to cath up with Dingo and Wurmish in other way but it was so late yesterday when we ended battle, that only thing I could think of was warm bed :D

still it's strange for me that ppl cannot contact themselves and create threads about fixed games they play.
Vendanna wrote:No its not odd, its simply rude for their part, but each one its own, and they considered that talking to each other throught the forum was wiser that by chat or msn =/
I get impression that you're rude by judging other people when you know literally nothing about them - if you want to give lessons about personal culture to others, think about yourself before you do it :wink:

As I said before people needed to go asap and it was the simplest way to
contact them ( I didn't even know if they were registered on forums or not ...)
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

I can understand your reasoning, but Doc still has a point. After all, resources for this forum are not unlimited and are meant to be used for working on wesnoth and the necessary communication to do that (let's leave alone the off-topic forum for the moment).

If we start to have people do their scheduling here, this is probably quickly getting out of hand. So if you see another way to do that, you should head for it. If not: Well, if it is the exception and not the rule, we will be able to ignore that :wink: .
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Faello

Post by Faello »

It's definitely an exception - I've already established contact with Chosen1 about game via PM's so stay cool - we will try not to abuse this forum resources :D

With best wishes, Faello :)