Noobs keep getting Noobier!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

You know I don't even try to keep records in mp. I win a vast majority of the games I play, however many of them I don't feel like couting for variouse resons. I don't realy feel a victory if I'm playing against an inexperianced, stupid, or incredibly unlucky player. However If I leave the rest then my record is probably floating a little bit above 50%, because that leaves olny the games where I am playing a good player, who did not get extreamly unlucky. In a way it counts because I did win, and it proves I'm not an idiot (except in the odd game where I go into berserk mode), but at the same time it does not matter to me, and I prefer to go by myself. I suppose this is why I don't like ladders, I don't grade myself or others by the same criteria as it.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Faello

Post by Faello »

I have to agree with that - counting only good opponents, it's somewhere above 50% of victories for me too ( still I remember 2 - 3 games where newbies had so much luck that beating them was probably almost as difficult as fighting against good player with no particular misfortune ) :D
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
suvorov

Noob destruction.

Post by suvorov »

There's always that moment in the beginning of a mp game when you don't know anyone yr playing with when you kinda whisper to yr partner in team chat: "So how long have you played wesnoth?"

Then I get annoyed when the person is truly noob and just doesn't want to admit it. I understand that just because your a beginner doesnt give your ally the right to tell you what moves to make every turn, but at the same time you should be open for advice.

That said, I've experienced the rare occasion where I was randomly teamed up with some wesnoth veteran who I just haven't met yet and we kick the living crap out of our opponents.

Of course survival is a different story. You can be a master at Wesnoth MP and still stink at survival. And vice versa. That's part of what I like about the game.
It is good that war is terrible, lest we grow too fond.

-Robert E. Lee
Uprising
Location: The Northweastern Region, The Drums, A Library, or in Class

Post by Uprising »

It fun to play with a group of people that you've memorized their responses to everything and you can then manipulate them from there. Especialy when they are beginners. ( I dislike the term noob)
"History repeats itself do to what people do and do not learn."
--Mr. Anderson (A World History teacher)
krotop
2009 Map Contest Winner

Post by krotop »

Don't trust me, I'm just average player.
Game feedback for the Nightmares of Meloen
Art feedback by mystic x the unknown
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Lol. :lol:

Yeah, just stealing your ally's villages for no reason and without warning often also is kind of a sign of n00bness... :wink:
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

and massed woses...... lol
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Velensk wrote:and massed woses...... lol
Hey, bulk-buy is cheaper.
Attention!
I've decided that Wesnoth is not for me. It's not my kinda game, and I realise that I do not enjoy making campaigns for it. I will continue to visit the forums and play, but I will never have anything to do with WML.
Atlantis

lol

Post by Atlantis »

lol yep i have had someone do that to me with the villages. If its a close game i'll throw out a few noobs at him to piss them off then leave since i cant put up with stupid people =). But if we are way ahead and will win for sure i'll just take his villages.

And yes i use the word noob to my friends all the time on wes. Example(wtf did you just att that boss with 5-2 zerk man? i thought it be funny! baa you noobie lmao. But i also use noob to if i must in a harmful way seing as in a online game noob is about the best you can do. your a fux'n n00b is = to Throw'n a rock and hit'n someone in the face :lol:

And to the other guy that said am i a noob because i dont play survival so i dont know how to play it? No if you dont play it then it doesnt matter if you know how to or not. Now if you dont then you join the room and say you do then fux your team over. Then maybe you are.
Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Velensk wrote:and massed woses...... lol
WOSE ARMY FTW(silent but deadly)
CarpeGuitarrem

Post by CarpeGuitarrem »

Hmm....I guess I can accuse myself of a n00b moment. I completely missed an easy level-up for my archer, who was almost dead. Killed him with my Shaman instead, where I could've used the Shaman to slow a high-damage unit...oops.
Glory in Blood...Needs Programming Help!

If you have time, check out my ongoing serial story...
The Hidden: Secrets of the Future's Past
Federalist marshal
Art Contributor

Post by Federalist marshal »

I think you guys should stop laughing at noobs, although sometimes their mistakes really can be hilarious. :)
If this thread is about laughing at noobs, then perhaps I'll join in and add some anecdotes of my own. But if this thread is about complaining about noobs, then I suggest we try to educate them so they make smarter choices.
Uprising
Location: The Northweastern Region, The Drums, A Library, or in Class

Post by Uprising »

I like that idea. Unless the others out there like noobs becoause they think it makes them look better when they beat them. Thats, as they say, "messed up."
"History repeats itself do to what people do and do not learn."
--Mr. Anderson (A World History teacher)
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

To me, the real problems with noobs are that they don't want to accept the fact that their noobs, refuse advice, and accuse others of being what they are. It's better to just beat them, or kick them if their your partner, until they get the message, as they're "uneducatable" :p. But then again, I'm just an average player.
Take a breath.
Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

anakayub wrote:To me, the real problems with noobs are that they don't want to accept the fact that their noobs, refuse advice, and accuse others of being what they are. It's better to just beat them, or kick them if their your partner, until they get the message, as they're "uneducatable" :p. But then again, I'm just an average player.
100% agree

the Newbies(aka new player to the game) i have no problem with you got alearn sometime. And most of these are open to help.

the n00b(aka shity player) Are the peoplpe that have played for some time but still play like crap. And think they are pro and theres nothing you can say to change their minds.

We all have noob moments but its the guys that tell you to do something thats stupid as hell and they call you a noob even tho they are. Had on in dotg tell me to put all my money on the gob so if they att him he can kill them. And we all know creeps pwn.