Age of Wesnoth Players

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Post Reply

How old are you?

12-15
130
18%
16-19
160
22%
20-23
133
18%
24-27
121
17%
28-31
73
10%
32-35
41
6%
36-39
36
5%
40+
34
5%
 
Total votes: 728

User avatar
Gafgarion
Posts: 607
Joined: February 26th, 2004, 10:48 pm

Re: Age Poll

Post by Gafgarion »

Alpha wrote:Well, seeing as I'm only 13, I guess I'm classified as one of the youngest users. I've played RPGs for since I was like 8 though. Stuff like Avernum and Nethergate. I've always loved those games! Wesnoth is definitely up there in my list of "Awesome RPG Games". :D
I'm a big fan of Spiderweb Software RPGs myself! :P
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Alpha
Posts: 33
Joined: June 14th, 2004, 3:17 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Age Poll

Post by Alpha »

Gafgarion wrote:
Alpha wrote:Well, seeing as I'm only 13, I guess I'm classified as one of the youngest users. I've played RPGs for since I was like 8 though. Stuff like Avernum and Nethergate. I've always loved those games! Wesnoth is definitely up there in my list of "Awesome RPG Games". :D
I'm a big fan of Spiderweb Software RPGs myself! :P
I've always loved Spiderweb Software games! :D Strage how at my age nobody knows about Spiderweb Software whereas everybody here knows about them. Mabye I'm playing games a bit above my age! :D Lol
Always remember you are unique, just like everyone else! :)
Kamahawk
Posts: 583
Joined: November 9th, 2003, 11:26 pm
Location: Foggy California

Post by Kamahawk »

15, which is no real suprise knowing Turin is 13.

It is very cool to know that so many people of different nationalitys and diferent ages can not only enjoy a game, but also contribute to it so effectivly.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
User avatar
Jetrel
Art Director
Posts: 7242
Joined: February 23rd, 2004, 3:36 am
Location: Midwest US

Post by Jetrel »

heh. Turin is 13.

---------
:roll:
I'm guessing, that Elvish Pillager, is about five.
Female.
And from Bankok, Thailand.

Oh yeah, and he has six fingers on his left hands[sic].
Last edited by Jetrel on January 14th, 2006, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Elvish_Pillager
Posts: 8129
Joined: May 28th, 2004, 10:21 am
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Jetryl wrote: I'm guessing, that Elvish Pillager, is about five.
Female.
....
Oh yeah, and he has six fingers on his left hands[sic].
:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
User avatar
Gafgarion
Posts: 607
Joined: February 26th, 2004, 10:48 pm

Post by Gafgarion »

Jetryl wrote:I was a crackin' good marathon mapmaker, though, back in the day. I even made a videogame in hypercard back when I was in Junior high. It was [censored], but it DID WORK.
Me too :wink:
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Kamahawk
Posts: 583
Joined: November 9th, 2003, 11:26 pm
Location: Foggy California

Post by Kamahawk »

Jetryl wrote:I even made a videogame in hypercard back when I was in Junior high. It was [censored], but it DID WORK.
I made some hypercard game games back when I was in sixth grade or so. As I recall the language was not very hard to pick up at all. I gusse is wasn't very hard to get everything to work the way I wanted probebly beacuase I had a fairly limited imagination back then.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
Integral
Posts: 244
Joined: December 14th, 2003, 9:36 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Post by Integral »

Gafgarion wrote:
Jetryl wrote:I was a crackin' good marathon mapmaker, though, back in the day. I even made a videogame in hypercard back when I was in Junior high. It was [censored], but it DID WORK.
Me too :wink:
I did Hearts. That was some dreadful code...but it worked!! :-)

Daniel
ott
Inactive Developer
Posts: 838
Joined: September 28th, 2004, 10:20 am

Post by ott »

Just resurrecting this old thread, seems a worthwhile poll: and it has lots of votes from days gone by already.
Disto
Posts: 2039
Joined: November 1st, 2004, 7:40 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK

Post by Disto »

13 here. I am immature unlike all the other teenagers.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
rogue
Code Contributor
Posts: 73
Joined: February 15th, 2005, 1:36 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Post by rogue »

I'm new here, so nobody knows me, but I am 27.

Started playing strategy games like Risk, Stratego, and Chess with my dad as soon as I could reach the tabletop.

Started computer programming in BASIC around 3rd grade.

Played a lot of NES, SNES, and Genesis RPG and Strategy games in the late 80s and early 90s. King's Bounty, Final Fantasy, and the biggest time drain ever invented - Ultima: Exodus.

Got into Strategy and RPGs on computer in late 90's when I discovered Spiderweb Software and Heroes of Might and Magic II & III.

Hoping to find some way to get involved with Wesnoth development.
User avatar
Temuchin Khan
Posts: 1732
Joined: September 3rd, 2004, 6:35 pm
Location: Player 6 on the original Agaia map

Post by Temuchin Khan »

I am 27. And you know, my little brothers and I made some simple Hypercard games back in the day. None of them were sophisticated AT ALL, but we did the best we could with our limited knowledge. And at least the games we spent the most time on worked. All mine worked, anyway. My brothers didn't do enough playtesting. My favorite, which my brothers and I worked on together, was one where you played a mercenary who is hired to kill one king, succeeds, and then is hired by that king's successor to go back and kill the king who originally hired him!
Burnsaber
Posts: 322
Joined: August 1st, 2004, 6:10 pm
Location: Kuopio, finland

Post by Burnsaber »

I`m 16 and trying to act as mature ass i can. Hopefully i`m dooing at least half as good Turin.
Read about the adventurers of my pen & paper RPG group

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on." - Guess who?
DoT
Posts: 51
Joined: December 31st, 2004, 6:20 pm
Location: Pennsylvanian Hick

Post by DoT »

i'm 15.. ya.. okay .. half-way to thirty i guess.. 6 more years till i can drink.. legally.. 3 till i can get out of town..
And who's to care
If I grow my hair to the sky
I'll take a wish and a prayer
Cross my fingers
Cause I always get by
Disto
Posts: 2039
Joined: November 1st, 2004, 7:40 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK

Post by Disto »

rogue wrote:I'm new here, so nobody knows me, but I am 27.

Started playing strategy games like Risk, Stratego, and Chess with my dad as soon as I could reach the tabletop.

Started computer programming in BASIC around 3rd grade.

Played a lot of NES, SNES, and Genesis RPG and Strategy games in the late 80s and early 90s. King's Bounty, Final Fantasy, and the biggest time drain ever invented - Ultima: Exodus.

Got into Strategy and RPGs on computer in late 90's when I discovered Spiderweb Software and Heroes of Might and Magic II & III.

Hoping to find some way to get involved with Wesnoth development.
I started basic when i was 5 with my brothers but now i've forgotten it all.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Post Reply